• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Get 2000 free Shoppers Optimum points for signing in online and updating your profile and entering the promo code 2050. Valid till July 12th.

Thanks. With this and the points I got with my WiiU, I now have enough to get a $30 rebate (probably on my next WiiU game purchase!). Is there a "good" time to cash it in? I'm not used to that points thing.

Anyone who's interested in Killzone Mercenary for Vita should check this deal out on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_194960_30886630_pe_button/?docId=1001270381&ie=UTF8

Essentially, it looks like you get Soul Sacrifice at a 30 dollar discount. Being that it's already discounted to $29.99, you'll just be paying for GST. NOTE: I placed an order and didn't see the discount applied but I've checked with customer service and someone is due to get back to me within a day or so. I'll keep this post updated.

zroid

Banned
Anyone who's interested in Killzone Mercenary for Vita should check this deal out on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_194960_30886630_pe_button/?docId=1001270381&ie=UTF8

Essentially, it looks like you get Soul Sacrifice at a 30 dollar discount. Being that it's already discounted to $29.99, you'll just be paying for GST. NOTE: I placed an order and didn't see the discount applied but I've checked with customer service and someone is due to get back to me within a day or so. I'll keep this post updated.

Interesting... hmm. I wonder if there's a way to get SS and cancel Killzone, lol.

Definitely interested in this.

zroid

Banned
So i placed the order with both items. I had to pay for shipping ($4 for both) to get them to send me SS now, and Killzone later, so I could cancel Killzone. Only problem is they are not explicitly taking the $20 off of Soul Sacrifice, so I'm not sure how it'd work exactly. They might charge me $30 for SS, then $20 for KZM when it ships, instead of $10 for SS now. That's no good. I definitely don't want to end up with an item I'd end up returning thanks to amazon not offering free returns, so I might scrap this idea. Good deal for people who actually want Killzone, though.

Killzone looks very solid to me. I was actually planning on getting it anyhow, so this is a nice bonus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mralrosYB8http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mralrosYB8

Yeah it looks good, I just can't be bothered with first person shooters nowadays. You'd have to pay me to play one, lol.

isny

napkin dispenser
Anyone else still not get the points from BB for E3? Guess what sort of response I got when I called them... -_

iphys

Thanks. With this and the points I got with my WiiU, I now have enough to get a $30 rebate (probably on my next WiiU game purchase!). Is there a "good" time to cash it in? I'm not used to that points thing.

Did you get the Wii U at a 20x, because you should have got more points than that? The lowest point level I've ever seen bonus redemptions for is 25,000 points to get $50. I honestly would not redeem points unless it was a bonus redemption event or you found a very good sale on something that made it worthwhile to redeem at the regular levels.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Did you get the Wii U at a 20x, because you should have got more points than that? The lowest point level I've ever seen bonus redemptions for is 25,000 points to get $50. I honestly would not redeem points unless it was a bonus redemption event or you found a very good sale on something that made it worthwhile to redeem at the regular levels.

I have no idea. I didn't know about the points card until I bought the WiiU. I only got it there because there was a 25% off coupon, and it was like 2 weeks after launch, so it was a crazy deal. The cashier told me to get the card because I would get many points, I would have never got it otherwise! :p

Om3ga

Are there any game stores in Toronto that take trade-ins of imported games?
I'd try just selling it on ebay, or Kijiji, RFD and Craiglist. You'd get more money anyway.

It's a weird screw in that the bottom half needs to be thin enough to fit through the hole in the enclosure, but the top half needs to be wide enough to catch the threads. Maybe other devices use them and it's a type of screw that is used, but the PS3 is the only one I've seen it in. I may try to match it at a hardware store sometime, but there isn't really one around me other than Canadian Tire unfortunately.

Hrm, I might try that. I've never called Sony tech support before, so maybe they'll be okay with it. Or they might charge 10 bucks for it. lol

That's true, and right now it isn't screwed down... but I figure I might as well secure it if I can. I can't believe Sony would cheap out on something like this though. Yeesh.
All else fails if you can't find a replacement just buy an normal screw and sand/file the threads off. Though it's not going to be an easy job considering the size.

amrod

I bought and emailed them too

Noahd41

Neo Member
Just a heads up, I was able to hair dryer trick my old 60 GB back to life and I got 90 bucks for it at EbGames, they said that was some sort of promotional price that wouldn't stack with an edge card so if anyone else is looking to get some credit now might be the time to do so.

Just a heads up, I was able to hair dryer trick my old 60 GB back to life and I got 90 bucks for it at EbGames, they said that was some sort of promotional price that wouldn't stack with an edge card so if anyone else is looking to get some credit now might be the time to do so.

wait, so you traded in a ps3 that you know will break down for the next person who ends up buying it?

well, that answers my question if I should look into buying a used PS3.

Noahd41

Neo Member
wait, so you traded in a ps3 that you know will break down for the next person who ends up buying it?

well, that answers my question if I should look into buying a used PS3.

This is pretty common practice for the fat models. But you should not buy that model used from a retailer anyways, they sell them for over 200 bucks and I'm sure they have a more rigorous testing method after the fact. I'm not even sure if they sell them in store or ship them back. Not my problem.

I'd probably go with a 160GB slim if you're looking to buy used.

zroid

Banned
So those of us who bought Fire Emblem earlier and pre-ordered SMT4 at E3 are paying $33 and getting $30 credit. 3 bucks for SMT4 seems like a good deal to me. :p

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I want to kick myself in the head so badly. I lost my credit card last Sunday and cancelled my E3 order cause SMT IV was shipping this week and it was going to bounce back (because I called the credit card company to lock my card). I didn't know however that it would cancel all my orders together.

Turns out I found my credit card today. But if I wanted to order the games again, there's no way I can get the discount. Now the Club Nintendo promotion is just salt in my wounds. :_;

Thanks for the heads-up... I ordered it; only got a $20 discount at the checkout but sent them an email as well...

Thanks! Normally I'd do Kijiji or something, but I'm from Ottawa and I'll just have a few days in Toronto. Figuring out meeting places probably wouldn't be worth it.
If you've never been to A&C Games it's worth checking out. I'm in Ottawa too, but I drop in at A&C every time I'm in T.O. (helps that it's walking distance from the ROM)...

I have a REALLY odd request.

If anyone in Toronto has a sealed copy of Xenoblade, I wish to trade you an opened copy that's in perfect condition, but I have a nagging issue with the bottom of a corner of the sleeve is bent I guess, with my OCD, it's going to bug me as it's such a treasured game.

So if you just happen to have a sealed copy that you're going to open anyway, so I can have it 100% fresh, I'll give you an open one.

Thanks. :p

I want to kick myself in the head so badly. I lost my credit card last Sunday and cancelled my E3 order cause SMT IV was shipping this week and it was going to bounce back (because I called the credit card company to lock my card). I didn't know however that it would cancel all my orders together.

Turns out I found my credit card today. But if I wanted to order the games again, there's no way I can get the discount. Now the Club Nintendo promotion is just salt in my wounds. :_;

You talking about the FutureShop/BestBuy E3 promotion?

Why don't you call their customer service and explain your situation.

Never mind if it is some Nintendo exclusive promotion.

Lexxism

Hmm. So, how do optimum points works? Let's say I buy a wiiu which is $350 then my points will be 350 * 20 = 7000? Is that correct?

iphys

Yeah, you could do 3 redemptions for $85, $10, and $10. You can get even more if you save up for the bonus redemption events. 50,000 points for $100 or 95,000 points for $200 happens pretty regularly, and sometimes they're even better than that.

Lexxism

Yeah, you could do 3 redemptions for $85, $10, and $10. You can get even more if you save up for the bonus redemption events. 50,000 points for $100 or 95,000 points for $200 happens pretty regularly, and sometimes they're even better than that.

1. Do these points expire after redeeming the points? (I think BB last for like 5 months)
2. How long do they convert these points to reward value(or whatever they call it)? (90 days I think for BB)

Top Bottom