• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Sealtest

Depending on the condition/completeness, you could've sold it for $40+ and paid for TLOU Remastered by itself.

I bought it from family video for $5.99, Label was wrecked and the manuals were all gone. the $26 I got for it was fine since I didn't have 2 do any work 2 sell it.

Wow, it's worth that much? Still have mine with the pedometer in good condition because I barely played the game and didn't like it.

Yeah, it's out of print and the release of X/Y increased its popularity as well. Having WFC shutdown might drop its value though.

Reselling games is hit-and-miss but there are surprises to be found. Like for example, Pikmin 2 Wii sells for more than Pikmin 3.

I bought it from family video for $5.99, Label was wrecked and the manuals were all gone. the $26 I got for it was fine since I didn't have 2 do any work 2 sell it.

True, and since the condition wasn't great you weren't going to get a lot for it.

terrible

Banned
Got a reply from Best Buy already:

Thank you for contacting us in ergards to your order # XXXXX concerning adjusting the price of the " "The Last Of Us Remastered " game. I really do apologize for all the inconvenience.

Unfortunately, we are not able to adjust the price of the game due to Disclaimer and Details that was forwarded to us. Here is a copy of the disclaimer and Details:

Disclaimer & Details:
Offer valid only at Futureshop.ca/BBY.ca on all pre-order games from June 6, 2014 to June 12, 2014.
Discounted amount above are based on games priced at $69.99. Games priced at $39.99 will give you in-cart SAVINGS of $5.72 or $11.43, and $49.99 games give you in-cart SAVINGS of $7.15 or $14.28. The discount will be applied to the lowest prices games first. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Offer cannot be applied to past purchases. Future promotions (SteelBooks, DLC, Gifts with Purchase, etc.) will not be retroactively added to your order. Quantities are limited. Sorry, no rainchecks. This offer is not valid on out-of-stock and sold out games.

But based on the information on the price, you are still getting the lowest price guaranteed.

Thank you for choosing Best Buy Canada.

Sincerely,

Junora
Best Buy Canada

Sounds like they're just making stuff up at this point. Guess I have to email them again.

mdubs

Banned
Got a reply from Best Buy already:

Sounds like they're just making stuff up at this point. Guess I have to email them again.

You do realize that those were the terms when you were ordering right? They don't do adjustments if the price you preordered for ($49.99) is still less than MSRP ($54.99) even if the price went down. Nothing new, not hard to understand.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They do if you complain enough and get the right person.
I just don't find it worth it at all and would just rather wait for the inevitable bomba. At this point, even Nintendo games are dropping in price because of the rampant desperation over there.

terrible

Banned
You do realize that those were the terms when you were ordering right? They don't do adjustments if the price you preordered for ($49.99) is still less than MSRP ($54.99) even if the price went down. Nothing new, not hard to understand.

The discounts they're listing in their example are completely off base though lol. It was 30% each game, not some random number like they produced in that reply.

Also if other people are getting it adjusted you can bet I'm going to try to as well. Not hard to understand!

zroid

Banned
Next time try mentioning Amazon's deal, and if you had ordered it from them how they would have given you the pre-order price guarantee in addition to the promotional discount (technically 18% but you don't have to tell them that). If they think of it as losing a customer to a competitor they might "match" it.

mdubs

Banned
The discounts they're listing in their example are completely off base though lol. It was 30% each game, not some random number like they produced in that reply.

Also if other people are getting it adjusted you can bet I'm going to try to as well. Not hard to understand!

In the fine print they list the actual discounts, which happen to be 30% off. They aren't blanket giving 30% off but are giving discounts equal to 30% off certain purchase prices. That's why they aren't willing to adjust because they are technically still honouring the deal correctly in your case.

Returners

Cancelled the Bestbuy TLOU order.

Don't want to deal with their CSR for price adjustments. The only reason I held out this long was because of their release date delivery. Now that I got in on the Amazon Student. It's not that bad delivery time wise anymore.

EDIT: and... I just realized on my mass emails to Amazon CSR for my orders, I forgot to do the same for my TLOU order at Amazon. lol

Sealtest

Looks like starting on the 29th when you trade in TLOU ps3 youll get remasted for $24.99 at ebgames.

I wonder if I can get my trade in that I did yesterday 2 reflect this change.

No_Style

That TLoU trade in deal is pretty incredible. I regret trading in my copy now. I got like $26 or something like that a few months ago.

SickBoy

That TLoU trade in deal is pretty incredible. I regret trading in my copy now. I got like $26 or something like that a few months ago.

Well, it's only $4 worth of regret, in that case.

It's a pretty good deal, though... especially considering how long the PS3 version's been out.

Lexxism

Awesomeness
qNTHerb.png

$450 for a console $70 games, and $50 for PS+ to play online is just too much for me, even without PS+. -_-

gaming is expensive, in case you didn't know.

i can totally buy a dozen ps4s now, i am just a very, very cheap person. i looked at it objectively and removed and bias or hype and i deduced that i won't play that much on it. will wait after e3 2015 to make my decision.

also, there's the white ps4. i had a 40 gb ps3 i had for 6 years and it was tough to sell. will wait for a bigger hdd. no, i don't wanna spend more money on an hdd after i bought a ps4.

Tagg9

I don't see a comparable deal. This isn't just for Last of Us. You get a $60 gift card for any two Xbox One/PS4 games from what I see.

While supposedly it could be used for anything, it is clearly intended for use with The Last of Us (as demonstrated by the boxart image on the promo). $55 + tax ~= $60

Dazzler

as usual with these deals it's always east coasters who get to have the fun

FS and BB's used game of the week is always OOS before the best coast even wakes up :(

I agree my time is worth more then $10 also.

It's worth $10.50+Tax

Sorry - didn't mean to come off as "holier-than-thou". Just don't like spending time on hold and such with those agents. Pain in the arse.

That said, I'm totally cashing in on that new EB Trade-in deal and returning my TLOU Remaster from Best Buy when it comes in.

Palehorse

Yeah that TLOU trade at EB is probably going to hook me in.

I wonder if I can also apply the $10 extra trade in credit for my platinum? The wording of the deal makes me think not.

Vamphuntr

guy who reserved five of them on RFD killed it for everybody

RFD always find a way to kill the deal before it goes through. Some of them will be greedy and will try ordering a ridiculous amount of the products to resell and turn a profit and others will repeatedly start calling customer service and harass them about the pricing error.

Megasoum

Banned
Hmmm that TLOU deal is interesting. I'm really not planning on re-playing TLOU ever so I'm having a bit of a tough time justifying paying 25$.

However, it gives me hope that they will do the same thing with GTA.

RFD always find a way to kill the deal before it goes through. Some of them will be greedy and will try ordering a ridiculous amount of the products to resell and turn a profit and others will repeatedly start calling customer service and harass them about the pricing error.

I have no love for RFD but let's be realistic here. You're talking about a product that's over 90% off. Any BB CSR/manager that approves this should be fired. You can order 1 or 100, there's almost no chance of it going through.

Vamphuntr

I have no love for RFD but let's be realistic here. You're talking about a product that's over 90% off. Any BB CSR/manager that approves this should be fired. You can order 1 or 100, there's almost no chance of it going through.

Oh I totally agree. I was talking in general. No matter the deal they usually find a way to ruin it.

Top Bottom