• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

If you have a bunch of 3DS games you want to pre-order, note that the 10% off pre-orders stacks with an existing "take $10 off when you buy two 3DS games" promo. Not sure if I want Story of Seasons, but I'm considering doing that with Codename S.T.E.A.M. The only weirdness is when I do this, Codename S.T.E.A.M gets $13 off ($10 + $3 off for the 10%), which doesn't seem right. Story of Seasons gets $4.50 off as expected.

Yeah, I actually did the same thing for Persona Q and Codename STEAM> Not a bad deal.

Well, it was a one month ban and

821138238_1381248483.jpg

I knew that Iggy Azalea vs Nicky Minaj thread was all trouble and I still ended up getting involved.

Well, lesson learnt.

Sora_N

The pricing for 3DS games are all fucked up now, there's some $34.99 but very few. Then there's $39.99, $44.99 and Persona is $49.99.

Also, Target has been killing it with their deals lately. Too bad I'm in Boston to take advantage of anything but they sure do look good.

Zing

Banned
The pricing for 3DS games are all fucked up now, there's some $34.99 but very few. Then there's $39.99, $44.99 and Persona is $49.99.

Pokemon ruby/sapphire are $45 each now? Sigh.

Preordered Ruby and Smash Bros. Sapphire will be digital on my daughters system.

Good to see you back.

Thank buddy

welcome back. one month of no GAF... can't do it lol

since forever

No shit, I didn't realize how addicted I was to it until I was banned, takes at least a week to get out of the withdrawal state because every time you see an interesting topic and you'd want to post in it, you can't and you wouldn't think that you got banned until you hit the reply button.

i-Jest

If you have a bunch of 3DS games you want to pre-order, note that the 10% off pre-orders stacks with an existing "take $10 off when you buy two 3DS games" promo. Not sure if I want Story of Seasons, but I'm considering doing that with Codename S.T.E.A.M. The only weirdness is when I do this, Codename S.T.E.A.M gets $13 off ($10 + $3 off for the 10%), which doesn't seem right. Story of Seasons gets $4.50 off as expected.

True True. I didn't even know about the 3DS promo until you told me. I got all I wanted to preorder though. I'm just playing the waiting game now. These deals are pretty good for what they are.

zroid

Banned
Good catch... I can use this to order Codename STEAM and put in a 2nd order for Layton vs AA, since my E3 one got ruined by a price drop. :p

edit: by the way that $10 thing can be exploited. it seems to always go toward the game which releases first is priced lower.

6CJuYCz.png

Does anyone know if Target is open today? The flyer says to check the website but that bare bones piece of crap has no info regarding the holiday to be found.

yeah thanks. Now I don't gotta contact them to cancel the 2nd game when Layton ships.

Dumb question: Tekken 3DS is for sure not a thing, right? I had to check and I did see a reference to a Tekken 3DS game back in 2012. There for sure isn't a sequel coming for it or anything, right?

EDIT: Amazon.ca is also doing the 10% off pre-orders thing, presumably to match the Best Buy promo. This doesn't really mean much (unless Amazon.ca has a game BB doesn't), but fingers crossed that Amazon.ca's pre-order price guarantee kicks in on the E3 orders, a few games are now priced lower than they were during the E3 frenzy (Tales of Xillia 2 is about a buck lower, Layton x Wright is $3.50 less, Theatrhythm is $4.50 less).

zroid

Banned
Dumb question: Tekken 3DS is for sure not a thing, right? I had to check and I did see a reference to a Tekken 3DS game back in 2012. There for sure isn't a sequel coming for it or anything, right?

It actually is the 2012 Tekken game. Or it was supposed to be. They made a dupe listing when the actual title was revealed and this one was left behind.

Amooox

Would anyone like to buy a download code for The Last of Us Remastered?
It came with the PS4 and I'm not really in the mood to play it a second time, also download size is a huge deterrent.

It actually is the 2012 Tekken game. Or it was supposed to be. They made a dupe listing when the actual title was revealed and this one was left behind.

Oh Best Buy, you so crazy. I wonder if Jet Set Radio Vita is still in their database as well.

Ended up not using Tekken because it turns out there's no good way for me to get the $10 on Story of Seasons without pre-ordering an actual second game, which I don't really want to do, but I'll keep it in mind for next time.

It came with the PS4 and I'm not really in the mood to play it a second time, also download size is a huge deterrent.

I think that you should have no problem selling it in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread as the code should works for the US too.

L3E2

How much are you selling it for?
Missed out on trading my ps3 copy in at EB because my brother had my copy.

i-Jest

Good catch... I can use this to order Codename STEAM and put in a 2nd order for Layton vs AA, since my E3 one got ruined by a price drop. :p

edit: by the way that $10 thing can be exploited. it seems to always go toward the game which releases first is priced lower.

6CJuYCz.png

Yeah? I'm tempted to get Super Mario 3D Land now.

I posted that recieipt to RFD. I have other receipts if you want to use it to price match fs/bb.

Xbox One - Dead rising - $10.00
Xbox One - Forza $15.00
Xbox One - COD Ghost $10.00
360 - Castlvania 2 $10.00

Yes please, in particular Forza 5 and Castlevania LOS2 if you can. This might work to pricematch at Best Buy or Futureshop?

Top Bottom