• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

3D world is 15? Wow

If anyone can help me get 3D World and WW please? Would really appreciate it.

Yea... Brand new Windwaker and 3D World for 28$ with taxes is insane... Good luck! Too bad I am not going back, looked for Windwaker for someone who asked for it here but they were all sold out.

Oh the good times that would be had if I tried that with my French tomorrow. Heh

My wife speaks English only and she does call Target once in a while. She says just now that she never had any trouble calling anywhere in Quebec City.

How often does Target have these kinds of sales anyway?

They been going on here and there for close to two months now I think? I hope they keep doing it until Tropical Freeze gets marked down in one of those sales...

kennah

My wife speaks English only and she does call Target once in a while. She says just now that she never had any trouble calling anywhere in Quebec City.
Cool! I try to not be the boorish English guy as much as I can. Makes my wife's tiny village entertaining. Everyone thinks my Attempts are cute and not annoying so that's good.

Tapejara

They been going on here and there for close to two months now I think? I hope they keep doing it until Tropical Freeze gets marked down in one of those sales...

Guess I should start paying more attention to this thread!

I think those games were on clearance. I guess that's why there's no limit. I still remember someone from RFD who bought 6 PSV because it was being sold for $100 -_-

Probably also in Guelph. I was going to buy one of the Vitas when they hit that price, but when I got to the Target the employee told me they had 6 of them and they were all bought by the same guy that morning.

I can't explain how much I dislike the people and mentality over at RFD. It completely ruins any sense of excitement in finding a deal, and instantly turns it into one of the most stressful endeavours.

Finding deals is the game to them. I don't even know why people comment on deals.

It seems every deal has a post along the lines of "... if you had any sense you would have bought this game 6 months ago when it was on sale using a price error coupon that Future shop awarded for when they put that washing machine up for $29.99 from 2:14am to 2:21am. Quit wasting my time, ice cold"

Gah! Hope some people got games they wanted.

Past

One thing I don't understand with these Target deals is why do they keep restocking these games/accessories after putting them on clearance? Isn't the whole point of a clearance to get rid of stock? Why restock them afterward?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Saw Batman Arkham Origins WiiU and Sonic Lost World at $10 each on friday, and didn't buy them. Now I think I want to play them after all, but I'm sure they'll be gone if I go back tomorrow, right...?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
One thing I don't understand with these Target deals is why do they keep restocking these games/accessories after putting them on clearance? Isn't the whole point of a clearance to get rid of stock? Why restock them afterward?
Maybe they have a bunch at their warehouses?

My local Target was cleaned out, as usual. I doubt that had much stock in the first place, but I would of liked to get a couple of the Wii U games. :/

Jinto

I went to 2 different Targets looking for the Wii U Pro controller. Neither store had any. Both stores had different games on sale. I did pick up a bunch of games just because they were $5-$10. Mostly for my nieces.

These Target deals have been pretty crazy lately. It's getting to a point where every time I drive by one, I feel like I have to go inside.

Ryne

Someone did hit Target hard in my city... From Kijiji Quebec City...

neMMHW5.jpg

Shit, I want that Luigi U

Vibranium

Banned
Thankfully I got my Last of Us Copy from FS on the 30th, I'm happy it wasn't as bad as some people have gone through with Amazon. Still making my way through the single-player campaign, and then I should be good to go to start on multiplayer.

Fularu

Banned
My target haul was prety great (All in Québec CIty this morning, woke up at 8 am) :

- KillZone Mercenary (10$)
- Beyond Two Souls (10$)
- Final Fantasy XIII : Lightning Returns PS3 (10$)
- Wii Party U (with remote) (10$)
- Batman Arkham Origins WiiU (10$)
- Just Dance 2014 WiiU (10$)
- Mario And Sonic At the Olympic Winter Games WiiU (10$)
- Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate 3DS (10$)
- Sonic Lost World 3DS (10$)
- Mario And Sonic at le London 2012 Olympics 3DS (7$)
- Mario Party DS (7$)
- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS (10$)
- Lego City Undercover : The Chase Begins (10$)
- Donkey Kong Country Returns (10$)
- Zumba Fitness World Party WiiU (10$)

Couldn't get there in time for PS4 NFS Rivals and Fifa 2014 at 10$ each though :(

Also no Battle of Z to be found :(

Ryne

Lightning Returns and Lego Undercover are also two games I would have bought.

It's weird that these Target deals are so YMMV. I went to the couple of Targets around me and they didn't have these deals.

big_z

very little on sale at my target, even games like forza and dead rising were full price. however I used a receipt posted in the rfd thread to price match donkey kong tropical free for $16 at futureshop.

I hate Target deals just because they are basically hoard-fests! Everytime I tried to get a deal it he stock was cleaned up before I get there, I just ignore those deals and save my time! E3 deals are the best I usually get and I'm kinda fine by that!

big_z

I hate Target deals just because they are basically hoard-fests! Everytime I tried to get a deal it he stock was cleaned up before I get there, I just ignore those deals and save my time! E3 deals are the best I usually get and I'm kinda fine by that!

what I do is wait for the early birds and hoarders to post receipts then price match at other stores. got a wii u mairo luigi bundle, Mario kart 8(pikmin 3 free), sm3dw and donkey kong for about $230.

I hate hoarders myself, they need to limit it to one copy so people don't clear shelves. Ive also seen people buying hundreds of iTunes cards at target, others on rfd have seen the same but no one knows what they're doing with them.

A couple of years ago I might've gone to a Target to try and score these deals, but I'm old. I have money. I have too many games already. And most importantly, I'm lazy as all get out. So no way in hell am I lugging my ass to the "closest" Target just to see it cleared out anyways, as the GTA usually seems to be.

Went to Target on Friday night. Still quite a few stuff left but I'm sure it's all picked by now.

Super Mario 64 DS $10
Mario Kart DS $10
TW101 $20
SRIV Commander & Chief Edition $10
Batman AO $10
MGR $10
Killzone Mercs $10
NHL 14 $10

I was particularly happy about the TW101. Been waiting forever for it to be $20. Some other nice deals that I didn't pick up because I already owned like LoZ WW for $17. Uncharted GA for $10, BF4 for 360 (Yeah it was free last year briefly, but still) Midnight Club complete $7. FarCry 3 $10(the compilation with 3 games is $30 so I thought I'll wait). I was hoping for some PS4 deals but the only the game under $30 was NBA Live and it was sold out. I wouldn't even pay $10 for that.

Saw the RFD thread and hoarders are gross. Yeesh

Vamphuntr

neMMHW5.jpg

RFD is now a thing in QC? It used to be the only province where they weren't big for some time and I was quite happy since I could get deals. Now it seems I will not bother.

They must have a lot of free time to be able to resell all that through kijiji. At least he/she got good games unlike the Madden/Fifa picture on the last page. They really should put a disclaimer that it's 1 copy of each game per customer.

I did not have the time to go since I was working but it's disappointing when a single person clean up the whole aisle simply to resell.

Why would the store intentionally limit sales of clearance items? The whole point is to "clear the shelves".

It's meant to be a mechanism to get people into the store. If they really just wanted to clear the shelves they could just throw it at an auction company and be done with it in a day.

BestBuy has a PS4 stand on sale, but it's the Insignia one. Is that still good quality? What difference does it have with the Sony one?

Oneself

Went to a Target closeby, Batman (u), Madden (all), Angry Birds(ps4) were the only games left at 10$. Everything else was either really crappy games or just completely gone.
May try another Target later...

Pedrito

Many games still in stock at Target St-Jérôme, north of Montréal.

Picked up GTA5, Far Cry 3, Mario 64 DS and AC: New Leaf for 10 $ each.

Also available (that I can remember) for 10 $: W101, Windwaker, Fifa 2014, Madden 25, Beyond two souls, AC: Black Flag, COD Ghosts, FF 13-2,...

I could probably have bought a dozen other games, but I already have a backlog that could last me 20 years.

Tuck

Damn - had I went to Hilcrest instead of Cenetrpoint yesterday, I would have had a good time. Much better deals but mostly picked over now.

They did have several copies of Beyond Two Souls for ten bucks, so I picked up one.

Really wish I could have grabbed DMC for 7 bucks... and wiimote plus' for 10...

Seik

Banned

neMMHW5.jpg

Fuck it.

Je voulais y aller pour voir, mais bon, je pense qu'on va laisser faire...

There should be limits for party poopers like this.

EDIT: I can't find the guy on Kijiji, I'd have two words for him. Is he in Montreal or something?

Fuck it.

Je voulais y aller pour voir, mais bon, je pense qu'on va laisser faire...

There should be limits for party poopers like this.

EDIT: I can't find the guy on Kijiji, I'd have two words for him. Is he in Montreal or something?

He was selling it all as a bulk only, might have found someone! Was Quebec City. Can call Target, there is 3 in town and one in Lévis so who knows to which one he went!

When you try to pricematch from a website (newegg.ca in this case) at Futureshop, do you just bring a printout of the page and they take your word for it? Or are they gonna check the site in detail? Just wondering if I have any chance of hiding the shipping costs from them... <_<

Top Bottom