• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

ohlawd

How does this receipt matching work?
from the last page
Save the target receipt in the rfd thread to your phone and go to futureshop customer service with a copy of the game. Show the receipt and they should price match it.

Bestbuy usually says they won't match a receipt because they need the sale to be advertised in a flyer/online. If the person at Futureshop try's to pull that shit point out the big sign behind customer service that clearly says they price match "online, in store and in print".

I wanna try this using jet's BF4 and NFS receipt :p

FrsDvl

Does anyone know if I can take my 3ds into a store like EB Games, to try out a charger in store? My 3ds won't charge, and I'd like to find out if it's either the system is broken or if the charger is broken. I don't really want to buy a new charger incase it's the system and not the charger.

zroid

Banned
Does anyone know if I can take my 3ds into a store like EB Games, to try out a charger in store? My 3ds won't charge, and I'd like to find out if it's either the system is broken or if the charger is broken. I don't really want to buy a new charger incase it's the system and not the charger.

I suppose if you're lucky they might let you test it from the charger in a pre-owned 3DS

if you're not in a hurry then I would order a USB charging cable. they are like 3 bucks and super useful.

Good catch... I can use this to order Codename STEAM and put in a 2nd order for Layton vs AA, since my E3 one got ruined by a price drop. :p

edit: by the way that $10 thing can be exploited. it seems to always go toward the game which releases first is priced lower.

6CJuYCz.png

God damn it I really wanna take advantage of this but I don't even think I'll have time to play Layton vs AA. It's the Summer of Vita #VITAMEANSLIFE and I have WAY too much going on this month.

Also wow first time actually using BB's customer service and they responded within 2 hours. I had to remove some games from my E3 pre-orders because time and I didn't think they'd respond quickly. Plus it's a civic holiday today

ohlawd

God damn it I really wanna take advantage of this but I don't even think I'll have time to play Layton vs AA. It's the Summer of Vita #VITAMEANSLIFE and I have WAY too much going on this month.

get this shit ass meme out of the deals thread :p

Does it matter if the receipt is from Ontario and I'm in BC?
lol the other half of that quote is this

All my wii u purchases were price matched with receipts from Ontario. I'm in alberta and never had a problem.

but you never know until you actually do it

Odd, guess it changed since then. Or maybe it's just the Premium edition.

n69amD3.png

Let me find back that workaround!

Edit: found it!
Make sure all your information is correct and at least a credit card is saved on your account. Log in, then add it to cart. During check out, where you enter your payment information, if you click submit, it will prompt you that Quebec error. However, just edit your credit card information (but don't change anything), just enter your CID and click submit. It will go through. I did that many times for English only products.

Does it matter if the receipt is from Ontario and I'm in BC?

Only two of us tried so far from GAF and we both succeeded, both using receipt from different provinces. It's meaningless statistically but it's still encouraging!

Seik

Banned
Just went to Target from my way back from work to snatch a copy of Lego City and Mario & Sonic at the Olympics.

Yep, the cunt that bought EVERYTHING and slapped it on Kijiji a few pages ago took everything, nothing left.

It's real fun.

EDIT: Hey CuthbertAllgoodz we were in the same shop! :D

jet1911

Just went to Target from my way back from work to snatch a copy of Lego City and Mario & Sonic at the Olympics.

Yep, the cunt that bought EVERYTHING and slapped it on Kijiji a few pages ago took everything, nothing left.

It's real fun.

EDIT: Hey CuthbertAllgoodz we were in the same shop! :D

There are a lot more Quebec City gaffer than I thought!

Socreges

Banned
So I need to prove that the Target games sale is still on....

How can I do that?

Gentleman here is saying that the receipt needs to be the same day.

just looking at my amazon E3 order and realized this text:

Shipping Speed:
FREE Super Saver Shipping

Shipping Preference:
Ship when entire order is ready

Does that mean in order to get free shipping I have to wait until ALL of my E3 orders have been released?

That could be YEARS!

Socreges

Banned
Guess I got a stickler crew at my Futureshop. Showed them the receipts, but they wanted something more clear cut indicating it was a sale. Not just 'price reduced'. Oh well.

just looking at my amazon E3 order and realized this text:

Shipping Speed:
FREE Super Saver Shipping

Shipping Preference:
Ship when entire order is ready

Does that mean in order to get free shipping I have to wait until ALL of my E3 orders have been released?

That could be YEARS!

You're fine. Amazon.can will split your order as necessary at no extra charge, they won't make you wait until all the games in your order are released.

Sealtest

Playstation tv's are region free right? I'm hoping 2 import cyber slueth when it comes out and would love 2 play it on that.

Sealtest

The JP one only let you use a JP account. We will have to wait and see if the NA model allow accounts from all region.

But they play all region games right? I know it isn't out yet but i'd have no problem playing a physical japan vita game on it.( I think japan vita tv's allow NA/EU games) which is why i'm asking.

Vamphuntr

But they play all region games right? I know it isn't out yet but i'd have no problem playing a physical japan vita game on it.( I think japan vita tv's allow NA/EU games) which is why i'm asking.

Yes all carts will work on it but you will have a problem if DLC are released since they are tied to their region. An NA game will require an NA account for its DLC while a JP game will require a JP account.

The JP vita tv so far only let you use a JP account. As such NA cart will work on it but not their DLC since it is on the NA store.

If the NA vita tv only let you use a CAN or US account, your JP cart will work but its DLC won't.

khaaan

Do I ask an employee to price check at Target? One near me opened up but when I went to check out their games they were priced normally.

Socreges

Banned
So I just need to print de "receipt" and go to FS to price match?
You can show them the image of the receipt on your phone. Though I actually had more luck at Walmart than Futureshop.

Do I ask an employee to price check at Target? One near me opened up but when I went to check out their games they were priced normally.
Go to FS to price match. I don't think Target will honour different Targets prices... but not sure.

SM3DW, FIFA, TLoU, DKCTF, NSLuigiB..... $60 after taxes.

Thank you, gentlemen. Thank you, TARGET.

Sajjaja

Go to FS to price match. I don't think Target will honour different Targets prices... but not sure.

SM3DW, FIFA, TLoU, DKCTF, NSLuigiB..... $60 after taxes.

Thank you, gentlemen. Thank you, TARGET.

He's not asking about a price MATCH, a price CHECK, because all were listed at full price and not market down at his Target.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I got Mario & Olympics at FutureShop (pricematch with Target) - including WiiRemote for 5.55$. I feel dirty.

Socreges

Banned
He's not asking about a price MATCH, a price CHECK, because all were listed at full price and not market down at his Target.
Of course, my bad

Glad that it worked out for you in the end! We helped each other pretty good for this deal guys! =)
Yup. I'll continue to post here about this and pay it forward. Might be able to post pics of the price tags I saw at Target.

I got Mario & Olympics at FutureShop (pricematch with Target) - including WiiRemote for 5.55$. I feel dirty.
Yep

Anony

here's how a price match will go at FS/BB
you ask for a pm
they try to make some shit up on the spot - 'oh this is a temporary sale/door crash/etc we don't price match those'
if you feel like continuing further, they will call target, ask for the prices, ask for stock, this will probably take 15+ mins
they will make up more shit, or just say they don't have it in stock

Top Bottom