• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Did a price match on Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze at Futureshop based on a Target receipt from Red Flag like someone stated earlier. Girl messed up the 10% difference so it should have been closer to 17$ but I was not going to bitch for 2$ on such a deal.

Here is my receipt, could be helpful for you guys!

yI0jkOg.jpg

What's the best way to price match DKCTF at FS/BB in Toronto to get the Target deal? Surely no Target has one in Toronto.

Get a CSR who don't care? They did mine just by the picture of a Target receipt from Ontario and I am in Quebec. Now you have my Futureshop receipt to help show that they are doing it, sorry for it being in French! ;)

Sealtest

Need some experience for buying stuff from play-asia 2 be shipped 2 Ontario ( Windsor ) with the hopes of no suprise charges at the door, Which is the best way for shipping? I know i won't be choosing UPS and Fedex unless play-asia uses ups world ease.

Last time I imported something it was my Evangelion 3.0 bluray from CD-Japan and I used ems speedpost without any hassle, but I don't know if I got lucky or not.

Returners

Need some experience for buying stuff from play-asia 2 be shipped 2 Ontario ( Windsor ) with the hopes of no suprise charges at the door, Which is the best way for shipping? I know i won't be choosing UPS and Fedex unless play-asia uses ups world ease.

Last time I imported something it was my Evangelion 3.0 bluray from CD-Japan and I used ems speedpost without any hassle, but I don't know if I got lucky or not.

For Play-Asia add 0.50 cents to get a non-branded envelope. Never ever got hit customs that way (and hopefully in the future as well).

Get a CSR who don't care? They did mine just by the picture of a Target receipt from Ontario and I am in Quebec. Now you have my Futureshop receipt to help show that they are doing it, sorry for it being in French! ;)

My worry is that it's out of the city let alone out of the province. XD But yeah, I've had really good luck before. Fingers crossed!

big_z

What's the best way to price match DKCTF at FS/BB in Toronto to get the Target deal? Surely no Target has one in Toronto.

Save the target receipt in the rfd thread to your phone and go to futureshop customer service with a copy of the game. Show the receipt and they should price match it.

Bestbuy usually says they won't match a receipt because they need the sale to be advertised in a flyer/online. If the person at Futureshop try's to pull that shit point out the big sign behind customer service that clearly says they price match "online, in store and in print".

My worry is that it's out of the city let alone out of the province. XD But yeah, I've had really good luck before. Fingers crossed!

All my wii u purchases were price matched with receipts from Ontario. I'm in alberta and never had a problem.

Maximus.

The Target near me has some 10 dollar games but Donkey Kong is full price still :( or at least the sticker says full price.

The Target near me has some 10 dollar games but Donkey Kong is full price still :( or at least the sticker says full price.

Have them scan it, never depend on stickers. I was at a Target not long ago and Gates to Infinity was stickered at I think around $15-$20, scanned at $8.

big_z

Donkey kong has only been on sale at maybe one or two targets country wide, usually in Quebec, the whole time these sales have been happening. It's extremely rare to find it cheap so you need to price match.

ohlawd

got Forza 5 for ten bucks. Everything else was cleaned out :(

man I really wanted Pokemon Black/White 2 for my brother. Was still priced at 35 here.

Maximus.

Donkey kong has only been on sale at maybe one or two targets country wide, usually in Quebec, the whole time these sales have been happening. It's extremely rare to find it cheap so you need to price match.

Yea I got them to check and it's full price.

the3ye

Today I ovearheard CSRs at Metrotown talking about a guy hoarding games and accesories on clearance. Cheap PS4 controllers and games...damn :/ there were few copies of Sonic Lost Worlds(?) for $10 left

ohlawd

Targets have FM5 for 10$?

FWIW as of last week Futureshop was still giving 30$ for the game...
when I got to the video game section, I saw two copies of Forza 5 for ten bucks. Checked the stock in the back of the casing too and it really was two copies. Wanted to check out the deals for other systems tho so I went away for a tiny bit. Just as I walked away, this guy came with a Target employee to get him the two copies. I'm like "fuuuuck...."

so I went to the food court cuz fuck it, I blew it I wanted to eat the shit out of my sorrow. Hit up Thai Express cuz man I love that joint. After I was done, I had to cut through Target again to get to my car. So uhh yeah the two copies were still there. Hurried the heck up and got one, paid 11.20

when I got to the video game section, I saw two copies of Forza 5 for ten bucks. Checked the stock in the back of the casing too and it really was two copies. Wanted to check out the deals for other systems tho so I went away for a tiny bit. Just as I walked away, this guy came with a Target employee to get him the two copies. I'm like "fuuuuck...."

so I went to the food court cuz fuck it, I blew it I wanted to eat the shit out of my sorrow. Hit up Thai Express cuz man I love that joint. After I was done, I had to cut through Target again to get to my car. So uhh yeah the two copies were still there. Hurried the heck up and got one, paid 11.20

Awesome! So happy for you! :D

Megasoum

Banned

Haha had a similar situation when I went there to buy Forza for 20$ a couple of weeks ago. I got there and there was only one copy left on the shelf and the employee was already in front of it with another customer. When the guy asked for Forza I said a "fuuuuuuck" out loud lol. The employee turned to look at me and said "Bah don't worry dude, I got a box full of those in the backstore"...haha pheww!

ohlawd

Awesome! So happy for you! :D

yep was elated when I walked out :D
I need to start getting stuff the second I'm there because you never know.

Haha had a similar situation when I went there to buy Forza for 20$ a couple of weeks ago. I got there and there was only one copy left on the shelf and the employee was already in front of it with another customer. When the guy asked for Forza I said a "fuuuuuuck" out loud lol. The employee turned to look at me and said "Bah don't worry dude, I got a box full of those in the backstore"...haha pheww!
lol nice. Now I wonder if they got more of the sold out stuff out in the back and they replenish stock when they feel like it.

BestBuy has a 10% off preorders promo going. (-__-*) Gee wiz, thanks BestBuy: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/category/pre-order-hot-games/pcgamingpreorders.aspx

If you have a bunch of 3DS games you want to pre-order, note that the 10% off pre-orders stacks with an existing "take $10 off when you buy two 3DS games" promo. Not sure if I want Story of Seasons, but I'm considering doing that with Codename S.T.E.A.M. The only weirdness is when I do this, Codename S.T.E.A.M gets $13 off ($10 + $3 off for the 10%), which doesn't seem right. Story of Seasons gets $4.50 off as expected.

Sora_N

What else is coming out for 3DS outher than Layton vs Wright or Pokemon?

I lost interest in the future games at the moment, already had Pokemon preordered lol.

Top Bottom