• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Do they actually restock clearance games? Local target had W101 for $10 - exactly what I'm willing to pay for it - but was all out.

Jesus Christ @ RH Target sales. The randomness of these clearances is pretty annoying. If anyone is willing to pick up extra copies of SM3DW and TF, I'd greatly appreciate it...

A sale like this means they are burning off stock. I imagine they have some at a warehouse somewhere that will restock the stores but I don't imagine them getting anything beyond that.

Takuan

A sale like this means they are burning off stock. I imagine they have some at a warehouse somewhere that will restock the stores but I don't imagine them getting anything beyond that.

Yeah, especially not on a title like W101. A shame my target only has SM3DW and DKCTF for regular price; those are more likely to be restocked than others. Maybe I'll just buy a $40 copy off Kijiji.

For those still looking in Toronto!

Richmond Hill Target has SM3DW AND DKC:TF on for 14.99 and 20.40 respectively. Asked FS to call for the match. Posed no problem for the CSR. That translated to the below purchase I made not 10 minutes ago at FS Dundas Square. Good luck!

c5lB79z

http://imgur.com/c5lB79z

-90s

WOW I WAS JUST IN DUNDAS SQUARE TODAY TOO.

Ah whatever I'll go tomorrow. I've PM'd Target over at the BB and FS in Dundas Square before seemingly because of other people who decided to go before me. It's the FS in Yonge & Eglinton that doesn't like me =(

Sora_N

I'd call him a cunt but my wife reads this forum and hates it when I use that word.

But he is.

I was gonna say cunt too but I felt it was too vulgar but he is one and he deserves it.

If anyone can help me get WW or 3dworld please let me know. Thanks

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Tried to bring at EB Games a duplicate of COD Ghosts that I got for 6$ at FS in exchange for 20$ via pre-order PS4 Destiny. EB Games no longer accepts duplicate copies of games as of today for in-store credit, they changed their policy. Sad panda ;.;

Malls close at 5 in Quebec? Weird

You don't say! Some stores stay open longer like the Futureshop close to the shopping center I think you are at! Target still open too.

If you have a regular job here you get limited in what you can buy during the week. Need to wait for Thursday/Friday evening.

kennah

You don't say! Some stores stay open longer like the Futureshop close to the shopping center I think you are at! Target still open too.
Yeah in Target right now. Just was counting on the food court for my dinner tonight :p

Edit - yup. Totally cleaned out

Edit 2 - no Quebec job yet, but probably moving next summer.

Yeah in Target right now. Just was counting on the food court for my dinner tonight :p

Edit - yup. Totally cleaned out

Edit 2 - no Quebec job yet, but probably moving next summer.

Oh nice! Thinking of moving in town?

By the way, I would have went to see GOTG with you tonight but I had plans with the wife! I hope I get to see it before it goes, seeing movies in English here can be really hard sometimes.

kennah

Oh nice! Thinking of moving in town?

By the way, I would have went to see GOTG with you tonight but I had plans with the wife! I hope I get to see it before it goes, seeing movies in English here can be really hard sometimes.
Well shit. I totally could have gone on another night :p. Always up for a get together with gaffers. In town another two weeks then it is back to Winnipeg

XBP

Target Market Mall Calgary:

Wii-U = Everything is sold out
Xbox 360 = GTA V, Splinter Cell Blacklist = 10$ , everything else sold out

PS3 = Final Fantasy 14 & Far Cry 3 = 10$
Dead Island Riptide 7$
AC4 = 25$

Everything else sold out

PS4 = Tomb Raider DE = 29$ , everything else sold out.

iLLmAtlc

The Blue Jays are absolutely killing me.

I kinda got the feeling Baltimore showed how deep you have to be to win the division. Seems like every hitter they were trotting out there was dangerous and their bullpen guys were all good.

The two double plays they hit into with multiple guys on were back breakers too.

Returners

I kinda got the feeling Baltimore showed how deep you have to be to win the division. Seems like every hitter they were trotting out there was dangerous and their bullpen guys were all good.

The two double plays they hit into with multiple guys on were back breakers too.

Risk turning it into sports talk.

I was there for today's game, got out before the 7th inning.

Brutal game. Plus Nonnis pitches real slow.

Cheerilee

Wow, I never heard anyone have the name Bort before. o_O

It's a Classic Simpsons reference.

Bart's at the gift shop in Itchy & Scratchy Land, and he sees they have personalized license plates. He looks for his name, but it skips to "Bort" (subtly prompting the expected reaction from both him and the audience). Then another kid runs over and says he wants a personalized plate, and his mom tells little "Bort" that he's not allowed to get one. Then a man in the store gets confused, because his name is also Bort. The joke being, there are "Borts" everywhere.

Later in the episode, a PA announcement informs the park staff that the gift shop is dangerously low on Bort license plates.

UberTag

tumblr_lrbpbuXccS1qd5qf5o1_500.png

One fun little detail I love is that they replicated this gag in the Simpsons gift shop at Universal Studios Florida. No love for Bonnie it would seem.

They actually have Bort nametags occasionally as well. So it's not just a placeholder gag. They're just always "dangerously low" on supply of them.

flkraven

The name gimmick on Coke's seems like terrible marketing to me. Was at 7-11 grabbing a drink. Was reaching to grab a coke, and saw that they all had names on them (none of which was mine). For some reason the idea of holding a Coke with someone else's name on it felt really strange, so I opted for a Pepsi. Sale lost!

zroid

Banned
The name gimmick on Coke's seems like terrible marketing to me. Was at 7-11 grabbing a drink. Was reaching to grab a coke, and saw that they all had names on them (none of which was mine). For some reason the idea of holding a Coke with someone else's name on it felt really strange, so I opted for a Pepsi. Sale lost!

My name will never be there anyway, lol. Maybe I'll just go for one of the non-specific bottles like "Dad" or something.

Zeeman

On my phone so can't link, but today's Future Shop used game deal is Lego City Undercover for $10, and there actually is stock in at least one store, so try your luck.

Best Buy has Just Dance 4 for Wii U for $5, and obviously stock is plentiful.

zroid

Banned
On my phone so can't link, but today's Future Shop used game deal is Lego City Undercover for $10, and there actually is stock in at least one store, so try your luck.

Hmmm I actually would get that. Doesn't seem to be available anywhere nearby though. :"(

TimeKillr

Stupid ass Amazon. I'll have to contact customer support over this BS, really.

I got a bunch of games during the E3 promo, including USF4 that released yesterday. The game is *still* in "Not yet shipped" state, yet someone from work just ordered a copy yesterday and it's in Shipping Soon state right now, which is complete total bullshit. Both Super Saver Shipping.

Seriously, fuck them. I don't understand how they screw people with pre-orders this much on games. It's only on games too - if you pre-order anything on blu-ray, you get it on the day of release. Every time. Games? Pre-order and you get it later than if you order it the day it comes out!

Top Bottom