• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
http://www.ncix.com/detail/edifier-r18-2-0-multimedia-speaker-80-94363-1717.htm

They've been in NCIX's Weekend Sales for $15 quite often, so you might want to wait until tomorrow evening to see if they are again.

AFAIK, they're the best computer speakers you can get near that price range. I've tried some $10 ones and they were total crap, but these speakers have clean sound with good volume even from the far side of a room. Obvious downsides: They're computer speakers. They're kind of small, and they're analog-stereo. If you want better, you'll probably have to spend in the ~$100 range, or consider hooking your computer up to a dedicated home theater audio system.

Thanks I will look into it. If you know any good speakers for 100$ range then do tell. I don't want to hook up with home theater but 5.1 speakers I can consider buying.

Is there anywhere in Canada to get games for 59.99 instead of 69.99? Or is the only way to go to the states?

The only way right now is to have pre-ordered every up-coming title in the E3 deal. That would have got you new games at $50 before tax. I have like 30 games pre-ordered using this method.

Samyy

Is there anywhere in Canada to get games for 59.99 instead of 69.99? Or is the only way to go to the states?

Occasionally Amazon has pre-orders at $59.99 like Arkham Knight right now
I think I'll just be preordering all my games from Bestbuy/FS/Amazon E3 sales to get em at $48.99

maneil99

Thanks, not a big deal as I find you can get sealed copies on craiglist for 45-50 on launch, I just wanna pre order the Atlas edition of CoD:AW. If I order a game from Amazon.com will they charge me tax?

Recently shopping for Advanced Warfare LE. Seems the digital pro edition is the best deal at $109 (no tax I believe) from PSN. Basically gives you the digital version of the LE (minus the hard copy stuff) plus the season pass for $20. Best deal i've seen so far if you still want CoD.

Lexxism

Price went back up to $467 :( if only it was a permanent drop.

Yeah. People who pre-ordered the bundle were lucky since they got the pre-order price guarantee and they will get it much cheaper than the US.

So a one year card would be $45? Versus, $44 on Amazon.ca but amazon charges taxes so it would be $50...

They do? I just checked it and I don't see any taxes on it.

edit: However, they do charge tax on PSN cards.

For years now I've been ordering here and there from eStarland. It's generally the US price (or, say, $57.99 instead of $59.99) plus a few dollars shipping, coming out of Virginia. Doesn't arrive immediately but it's nice to have. Worked wonders when I was in NZ last year, was $7 to ship over there.

Only thing is I don't know if they have various editions of things.

Edit: Holy moly Sniper Elite III for $30? Yes!

Always have the $135 XL on store.nintendo.com and I just spotted today they added the Silver/Black Mario Bros edition XL for $150. Of course 1yr warranty, etc.

-90s

I'll back this up. However they are refurbished if that bothers you or whatever

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p....remap=false&productId=prod210024&categoryId=

I'm still deciding whether to get an XL myself since I have an OG Ocarina of Time 3DS, but I don't really use my 3DS as much as my Vita or anything else really.

FrsDvl

Always have the $135 XL on store.nintendo.com and I just spotted today they added the Silver/Black Mario Bros edition XL for $150. Of course 1yr warranty, etc.

-90s

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p....remap=false&productId=prod210024&categoryId=

I'm still deciding whether to get an XL myself since I have an OG Ocarina of Time 3DS, but I don't really use my 3DS as much as my Vita or anything else really.

I've heard Nintendo isn't the most reliable to order from? Extremely long shipping etc.
If someone can prove me wrong I would probably go this route, don't mind refurbished systems plus it comes with the warranty, so that's a pretty good deal.

Gundy2010

My friend bought an official refurbished XL. It's pretty decent overall except several scratches on the touch screen, which is pretty common for used 3DS I guess... If you can live with that, then it's def a good deal.

So after getting the PS4 Last of Us bundle from Future Shop, I just realized that the White PS4 with Destiny is coming in a month...

I can still return the PS4 but it came with a Digital copy of TLoU in the receipt that I redeemed on my PSN account, how do I go about returning the PS4 and the game?

I want to get a refund and wait for the Destiny bundle...

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
So after getting the PS4 Last of Us bundle from Future Shop, I just realized that the White PS4 with Destiny is coming in a month...

I can still return the PS4 but it came with a Digital copy of TLoU in the receipt that I redeemed on my PSN account, how do I go about returning the PS4 and the game?

I don't think you can return a console with scratched code.

Sora_N

You're probably SOL.

KingSlime

Just saw in the new Best Buy flyer that if you buy the $239.99 Wii U Skylanders system bundle (which comes with Skylanders and Nintendoland) you get a free copy of Mario Kart 8. Pretty crazy deal.

I don't think you can return a console with scratched code.

You're probably SOL.

shit, I got this thing yesterday :(

The code is not scratched so to speak, it was just a PSN code in the receipt, there was no card or anything physical inside the PS4. Can I call sony to deactivate the game from my account so that the code is not used?

I just want to get my money back on the PS4, the package was exactly the same as regular Ps4, they only put a sticker on the box outside.

Returners

shit, I got this thing yesterday :(

The code is not scratched so to speak, it was just a PSN code in the receipt, there was no card or anything physical inside the PS4. Can I call sony to deactivate the game from my account so that the code is not used?

I just want to get my money back on the PS4, the package was exactly the same as regular Ps4, they only put a sticker on the box outside.

No, I've not heard anything like this happen.

Hopefully you'll get your money back, but maybe they'll do store credit instead.

Oneself

Went to Target this morning to buy a year of PS+ and made them pricematch Walmart's price on Sniper Elite PS4. Got all of that plus that sweet 5% off thanks to the redcard debit card.
I like Target much more than I thought I would.

Lexxism

Went to Target this morning to buy a year of PS+ and made them pricematch Walmart's price on Sniper Elite PS4. Got all of that plus that sweet 5% off thanks to the redcard debit card.
I like Target much more than I thought I would.

How was the section for the prepaid card? Was it wipe out already?

zroid

Banned
Just got back from Target Richmond Hill... picked up a $50 eShop card at 10% off and a White Wiimote Plus for $10. They have plenty of the white Wiimotes on the shelves still, probably because the discount isn't marked. Only the white ones are $10 though, I checked the others.

Housh

I have Destiny on preorder for $49.99. It's only the regular version and I think I will most likely want the expansions. Was there any word on how much the season pass will be? I want to know if it is worth buying the limited edition (it's $109) or if I should just buy the expansions as they come..

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I have Destiny on preorder for $49.99. It's only the regular version and I think I will most likely want the expansions. Was there any word on how much the season pass will be? I want to know if it is worth buying the limited edition (it's $109) or if I should just buy the expansions as they come..
$35 for the Expansion Pass.

Top Bottom