• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

ovii

Stupid ass Amazon. I'll have to contact customer support over this BS, really.

I got a bunch of games during the E3 promo, including USF4 that released yesterday. The game is *still* in "Not yet shipped" state, yet someone from work just ordered a copy yesterday and it's in Shipping Soon state right now, which is complete total bullshit. Both Super Saver Shipping.

Seriously, fuck them. I don't understand how they screw people with pre-orders this much on games. It's only on games too - if you pre-order anything on blu-ray, you get it on the day of release. Every time. Games? Pre-order and you get it later than if you order it the day it comes out!

I know what you mean. I've had this issue with amazon regarding TLOU and previous games, all ordered from the E3 deal. What you can do is opt in for the free prime 30 day trial, and ask them to switch your shipping to prime 2 day. However, they can't switch it to 'Prime Shipping', so they change all your orders to priority. Which means even if you cancel prime, you still have priority shipping. Good luck.

TLDR: switch to free prime, get priority shipping, cancel prime when 30 days is up.

On my phone so can't link, but today's Future Shop used game deal is Lego City Undercover for $10, and there actually is stock in at least one store, so try your luck.

Best Buy has Just Dance 4 for Wii U for $5, and obviously stock is plentiful.

I ended up buying Lego City Undercover on the eShop yesterday and I have no regrets -- it loads significantly faster from my external HDD than it does from the disc.

espher

Hit up Target here in Fredericton yesterday.

Selection was pretty barren except for some of the WiiU chaffier games, sports titles, and Dishonored/CoD Ghosts/Battlefield/sports games. Bigger titles mostly gone (Wonderful 101, Zelda WW HD, NSMBU, Wii Fit U seemed to be the only 'major' WiiU titles getting a deep discount). I did get the last copy of Diablo 3 PS3 for $10 (couch co-op woo!).

They had a boatload of white Wiimote+ for $10, though (blue and black had been on sale but sold out). No other controller sales afaik -- was hoping for a pro controller but sadly none in stock and no deal anyway.

Dude working the till said someone came and basically bought a ton of games/Wiimotes on the first day, yay resale. :/

Anth0ny

Future shop won't price match target because it's a limited time offer.

Which is horse shit because I've price matched Black Friday deals before but whatever

big_z

Looking for these target receipts, preferable not Quebec based.

-wii fit u
-Nintendo land luigi wiimote

If you got either please share.

Does this include eShop? If so I'm totally in.

yep.

oh i dont know if im allowed to the link but a QC target scan is up , you can see the 10% off pic, (shows PSN/XBL/Eshop/Facebook etc cards on it)

Also theres a $10 off all 3DS games target deal starting 15th-21st

shame the new Phoenix wright vs Layton game is on the 29th though

Does Target charge tax on psn cards?

That would make it a non deal.

Otherwise I will pick up a couple of cards before grabbing some of the sale stuff on psn.

Megasoum

Banned
Bleh ok, meh 10% off a 12month gold card is not really worth it considering you can find them for around 40$ without too much difficutly online.

Bleh ok, meh 10% off a 12month gold card is not really worth it considering you can find them for around 40$ without too much difficutly online.

If you can, I think it is better to wait for black friday and boxing day, during which there are better deals over all. Might as well get couple around that time rather than now.

Megasoum

Banned
If you can, I think it is better to wait for black friday and boxing day, during which there are better deals over all. Might as well get couple around that time rather than now.

I bought my XB1 a couple of weeks ago. I have until around early september of gold trials left to do (30 day with the console, then 14 days in the box, 2x 7 days trials from games and a 3 day trial from another game lol) so I'll probably need gold before black friday.

I bought my XB1 a couple of weeks ago. I have until around early september of gold trials left to do (30 day with the console, then 14 days in the box, 2x 7 days trials from games and a 3 day trial from another game lol) so I'll probably need gold before black friday.

I think it was couple of weeks before the launch of Titanfall, I managed to get Live for $38 at Costco and no tax required and no membership.

I just placed an order online and they managed to email me the code the next day or so, good price I guess. I think couple of other Gaffers got in on that deal as well.

Yort

For those still looking in Toronto!

Richmond Hill Target has SM3DW AND DKC:TF on for 14.99 and 20.40 respectively. Asked FS to call for the match. Posed no problem for the CSR. That translated to the below purchase I made not 10 minutes ago at FS Dundas Square. Good luck!

c5lB79z

http://imgur.com/c5lB79z

-90s

Thanks for posting the receipt! The target I checked out didn't have any deals, but I got Tropical Freeze for $16.60 at Future Shop thanks to you.

Dorygrant

Thanks for posting the receipt! The target I checked out didn't have any deals, but I got Tropical Freeze for $16.60 at Future Shop thanks to you.

No way! I tried yesterday and they told me that they wouldn't honor it since I wasn't allowed to give them the number of the store or a receipt.

Anyone want to help me out :(

Ryde3

For those still looking in Toronto!

Richmond Hill Target has SM3DW AND DKC:TF on for 14.99 and 20.40 respectively. Asked FS to call for the match. Posed no problem for the CSR. That translated to the below purchase I made not 10 minutes ago at FS Dundas Square. Good luck!

c5lB79z

http://imgur.com/c5lB79z

-90s

Thanks man, used the picture of your receipt after work at Yonge & Dundas and it went off with out a hitch, SO happy to finally grab DKTF. Cheers!

negitoro7

Anyone know where Wolfenstein PS4 is discounted yet in stores? Still $69.99 everywhere from where I've looked (EBGAMES, Future Shop, BestBuy etc)

Thanks man, used the picture of your receipt after work at Yonge & Dundas and it went off with out a hitch, SO happy to finally grab DKTF. Cheers!

HOW? I did the same thing, same place, was denied. :/ Granted I used the receipt from earlier, but same thing, they said they don't do receipt matching. :/

MrNineties

No way! I tried yesterday and they told me that they wouldn't honor it since I wasn't allowed to give them the number of the store or a receipt.

Anyone want to help me out :(

HOW? I did the same thing, same place, was denied. :/ Granted I used the receipt from earlier, but same thing, they said they don't do receipt matching. :/

The FS rep at the customer service desk I dealt with was awesome. Just be friendly, volunteer the information and be clear. YMMV.

-90s

Does anyone know where I can buy wrestling dvd's and bluray's in Vancouver bc ?

I was trying to find "my name is Paul heyman" on bluray and there was nothing at
future shop,best buy,super store,target,wallmart even amazon.ca is sold out only third party sellers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Yeah I tried hmv at metrotown they had three dvd's left but sold out of the bluray ill just order online and play the wait game
Thanks for the replies

krae_man

Amazon.ca says backordered 1-2 months for me and not sold out.

You can buy it off of WWEshop.com if you don't mind paying almost twice what it is on Amazon.ca.

SickBoy

I'm glad I'm finally at a place where I can resist buying Street Fighter games. I used to be a huge fan but these days I hardly ever play fighting games. I certainly spent more money than I should have on recent SF games, given the time I've invested in them.

ahdurian

anyone know if you can use store gift carrds, like The Source gift cards, to buy cards for PSN/Nintendo eshop?

I got two $25 gift cards to The Source from my work, but I have nothing I really want to use it on

Sajjaja

anyone know if you can use store gift carrds, like The Source gift cards, to buy cards for PSN/Nintendo eshop?

I got two $25 gift cards to The Source from my work, but I have nothing I really want to use it on
They are as good as cash in that particular store.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
No. They don't charge any taxes on prepaid cards and even their subscription cards.

REALLY? I had no idea.

it's not just the time cards
TuJb5C Q.jpg

Okay I am probably going to get $100 XBL credit for $90. Not bad. I am planning to go all digital for exclusive games this year. Sunset Overdrive, Halo and Forza. I also have them ordered from BB E3 deal. Need to make decision soon.

Its not officially on sale yet, may be at Gamescom they will announce.

DaBoss

I just saw a deal in a Best Buy flyer that has a Skylanders Wii U (8GB) that also includes Mario Kart 8 for 239.99. Seems like a good deal.

Lexxism

I don't know if things have changed, but one time a couple years ago Wal-Mart had a deal on PSN cards and I tried to PM at Best Buy... they said they can't PM money cards.

Ohh. I guess I'll just try my luck tomorrow if they will let me do it or not since it's not mentioned on their "price beat promise".

Cheerilee

Looking for good/decent computer speakers. Any suggestions?

http://www.ncix.com/detail/edifier-r18-2-0-multimedia-speaker-80-94363-1717.htm

They've been in NCIX's Weekend Sales for $15 quite often, so you might want to wait until tomorrow evening to see if they are again.

AFAIK, they're the best computer speakers you can get near that price range. I've tried some $10 ones and they were total crap, but these speakers have clean sound with good volume even from the far side of a room. Obvious downsides: They're computer speakers. They're kind of small, and they're analog-stereo. If you want better, you'll probably have to spend in the ~$100 range, or consider hooking your computer up to a dedicated home theater audio system.

Top Bottom