• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Quick

Banned
Has anyone gotten a Spotify invite? I saw an option to sign up with a Facebook account on the app and was wondering if that actually works, or if it just rounds back of telling you to wait for an invite code.

RaidenXZ

Ladies and gentlemen! Does anyone know of any Wii U or Ps4 game and accessory deals in the Vaughan/York Region area? Especially Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze! :p

So after getting the PS4 Last of Us bundle from Future Shop, I just realized that the White PS4 with Destiny is coming in a month...

I can still return the PS4 but it came with a Digital copy of TLoU in the receipt that I redeemed on my PSN account, how do I go about returning the PS4 and the game?

I want to get a refund and wait for the Destiny bundle...

They may refund the PS4 minus the value of the TLOU. So $449 - $54.99. They did this with me when I bought a 360 years back, But the game was physical.

kasane

Has anyone gotten a Spotify invite? I saw an option to sign up with a Facebook account on the app and was wondering if that actually works, or if it just rounds back of telling you to wait for an invite code.
Spotify
Canada
Finally?!

Deadly

If I have a game that's sealed how long do I have to return it? 30 days? Or if it's still sealed I can return it whenever?

Zing

Banned
"Whenever" if you return it to walmart without a receipt.

I think there is literally no time limit. Many years ago, when my wife and I moved in together, we found an ancient TV antenna in her closet. I took it to walmart and it still scanned in their system so they gave me store credit.

Xenoflare

I got a voice mail from EB telling me that Xillia 2 CE is available for pre-order again. Seems like they are phoning all people with Xiilia 2 preordered....

It scared me a bit at first since I thought they screwed up something.

Sora_N

"Whenever" if you return it to walmart without a receipt.

I think there is literally no time limit. Many years ago, when my wife and I moved in together, we found an ancient TV antenna in her closet. I took it to walmart and it still scanned in their system so they gave me store credit.

Walmart doesn't do no receipt refunds anymore. Probably due to scammers.

ohlawd

I got a voice mail from EB telling me that Xillia 2 CE is available for pre-order again. Seems like they are phoning all people with Xiilia 2 preordered....

It scared me a bit at first since I thought they screwed up something.
140 bucks is insane.

is anyone actually buying this?

Xenoflare

the bonuses are crap imo. ToSC had way better stuff and was way cheaper. I think this is worse than SMTIV and PQ.

Well SMT IV had a incomplete guide/artbook and CD, at least the book is well put together.

PQ's $50 tag is stretching it, since only an incomplete set of tarot cards are induced.

Bravely Default's $50 CE is fantastic. The bonuses are small but it was only $10 more and it's well made.

i-Jest

Ladies and gentlemen! Does anyone know of any Wii U or Ps4 game and accessory deals in the Vaughan/York Region area? Especially Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze! :p

Maybe your closest Target still has something left on sale. Not likely at this point but it doesn't hurt to check if you've got time. I guess the same thing would apply to any Staples in your area.

RFD doesn't give a shit. They're like a plague of locust devouring anything good in their wake SMH.

Spotify
Canada
Finally?!

Yep. Go to Spotify's website and enter your e-mail to receive your invite. I've been waiting almost a month for mine.

I just got mine D:
Got an email with a code and everything.

What pray tell is Spotify?

Not that I'm aware of, no matter how good the bonuses are, $140 is too much. (almost $157 after tax in BC)

I am, or at least I think I am. I managed to nab a preorder months back but also have a pre-order of the standard edition through the E3 sale. I guess I figured that if I change my mind about it, I can bring it back..... (Probably not a good idea, huh?)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone know what kind of documentation Amazon.ca requires for Amazon Student?

(Just graduated and am wondering if I can fudge it by just using my e-mail that still works)

DVCY201

Anyone know what kind of documentation Amazon.ca requires for Amazon Student?

(Just graduated and am wondering if I can fudge it by just using my e-mail that still works)

I used my University email, then you just need to confirm and fill in some information. That's all, it should work.

Anyone ever saw Metroid Prime Trilogy (original one) in a video game store? There is some for very decent prices on Kijiji but it's Ottawa or Montreal, none in my city. I am just not sure if I want to settle for the Gamestop reprint in the US...

Are you in Toronto?

Nah, Quebec City! Crazy coincidence, one popped in my town after I wrote this. Guy had the Trilogy and Xenoblades and more for sales. Had to pay 80$ for Metroid Prime Trilogy but it was as mint as a used copy can be! Considering no shipping, the like new condition and not having to go far, I think I am pretty satisfied!

Liberty4all

Banned
I've just been using Google Music since it was introduced and it's been great for me.

Yeah my wife and I have been using Music Unlimited (Sony's music streaming service) and it's been pretty great. I actually originally got it for $13 for a year (total!), but after our sub ended my wife was hooked and refused to cancel it. So now we pay 9.99 a month.

In the end the way I look at it, in the old days we would buy at least one album a month for 14 dollars a CD (often much more). Streaming for 9.99 a month is pretty worth it, especially if you have large mobile data caps (which we are lucky enough to have).

aechris

Not likely to create much of a buzz, but Art Academy 3DS is marked down to 14.95 at Future Shop. The games are still marked at 24.95, but when you bring it up to register it comes out as the new price. I don't think it's a sale, probably new price?

Vinc

Anyone got their Lords of the Fallen preorder cancelled by Amazon? It also happened with Fable Legends a while back but I assumed that was because the game would end up F2P... is there anyway I can get the order back? I had the E3 discount on it!

Kyolux

Anyone got their Lords of the Fallen preorder cancelled by Amazon? It also happened with Fable Legends a while back but I assumed that was because the game would end up F2P... is there anyway I can get the order back? I had the E3 discount on it!

Got the same thing happen to me. Really weird.

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We're sorry to report the release of the following item has been cancelled:

"Lords of The Fallen - PlayStation 4"

Although we'd expected to be able to send this item to you, we've since found it won't be released after all. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience we've caused you.

We've cancelled this item from your order.

Please note, if you took advantage of a promotional offer when placing this order, these cancellations can affect your order's eligibility for that offer. To view the current status and the costs associated with your order, please visit the "Your Account" page at http://www.amazon.ca/your-account.

Thank you for shopping with Amazon.ca.

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Yeah, got this too. Not a fan of that at all, since it's obviously not cancelled. If and when it goes back up, I'm not looking forward to the obnoxious conversation with them (especially since I got it for that glitchy extra discount)

Happened to me too. Not happy to lose my awesome pre-order discount for no reason like that.

Kyolux

Who knows, maybe the game will be a piece if garbage and this is a blessing in disguise

Yeah, well I figure as might as well cancel shadow of mordor now that it seems to have lost part of its discount. (it was bundled up as a pre-order with Last of Us remaster and Lords of the Fallen)

October is busy enough already and wait for these games to go for cheap (and only if they don't end up sucking.)

Yeah, well I figure as might as well cancel shadow of mordor now that it seems to have lost part of its discount. (it was bundled up as a pre-order with Last of Us remaster and Lords of the Fallen)

October is busy enough already and wait for these games to go for cheap (and only if they don't end up sucking.)

If you have other games that lost discount, I would talk to them and complain. It's not your fault it was "cancelled", and it isn't "cancelled" anywhere else, so they should honor the price they gave it to you at.

stolin

Yup just got that same email. I'm gonna wait and see what the real status of the game is next week. I expect (hope) to hear something from Namco. Hey maybe we're all gonna get an upgrade to some Limited Edition SKU like Amazon.com

Pre-order a Free Limited Edition Upgrade
Pre-order Lords of the Fallen and receive a free bonus upgrade to the Limited Edition. Limited Edition Includes: The Monk's Decipher DLC; The Demonic Weapons DLC pack; The official game soundtrack. Offer applies to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders.

i-Jest

Nah, Quebec City! Crazy coincidence, one popped in my town after I wrote this. Guy had the Trilogy and Xenoblades and more for sales. Had to pay 80$ for Metroid Prime Trilogy but it was as mint as a used copy can be! Considering no shipping, the like new condition and not having to go far, I think I am pretty satisfied!

Glad it worked out.

I am, you've seen any?

No unfortunately.

Stage On

long shot but does fan expo tickets go on sale?

Fan expo tickets going on sale? Lol they are greedy as greed gets so not bloody likely.

The last time I went I remember they continued to sell day tickets despite the building being over capacity so people that had weekend passes would go out to get lunch and not be able to get back in.

It didn't help that it was in the north building that year when it should have been the south but they messed up and had a secluding conflict with another con. How the frick they managed to mess that up with these things are planned over a year in advance I'll never know.

And don't even get me started on them expanding the convention to 4 days. Thanks to that a weekend pass is a whopping $115! For reference an Anime north weekend pass can be had for as low as $50 if you buy it far enough in advance (Between January and Mid march) and $60 normal price.

Bloody highway robbery is what it is

Firestorm

I remember going to Fan Expo the year I was in Ontario. It was the same weekend as PAX and all I could think the entire time was "I wish I was at PAX right now."

Now I'm back on the best coast so I get to do PAX instead <3

Top Bottom