• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Banned
I want to sell my PS4, where can I get the best price for it? I got in February btw
Kijiji is my pick. Sold my Xbox One for $400 cash and it sold in a day. You might get some low ballers though.

eBay is good but it's more hassle because you gotta ship it.

Ebgames will give you about $270 in trade credit and more if you trade towards games or preorders.

I guess it depends on what you plan to do with the cash. If you want more games, maybe ebgames for the credit. If just cash, then kijiji or eBay

My fiancee just bought a 4th gen iPad from Best Buy on Saturday and now they have the Air with the same storage size for $20 more then she paid on a one day sale apparently.

Anything we can do to get the upgrade and only pay the difference?

You are within 14 days so you should be good to do an exchange.

So yeah about those Amazon E3 deals. I cancelled Disgaea 4R because I thought I'd be paying around $30 somehow and I actually want to play other video games that aren't Disgaea 4

So they charged me for Neptunia Rebirth and it's 25 fucking dollars. Holy shit I didn't think the discount went THAT deep. Now I'm hating myself for cancelling Disgaea 4.

iphys

I was pleasantly surprised that the Mario Kart DLC price was the same as the US price. Hopefully Nintendo has stopped with the mark up here in Canada for future releases also.

I bought right away in case they later decide it was a mistake. Maybe they realized they were marginally overcharging us $65 for the game a couple months ago when the dollar was worth .94 and decided not to bump the DLC up, but the exchange rate has been lower the past month, so they'll probably bump the DLC up unless they're feeling particularly generous about trying to sell the DLC to everyone and not dissuading anyone from getting it.

So yeah about those Amazon E3 deals. I cancelled Disgaea 4R because I thought I'd be paying around $30 somehow and I actually want to play other video games that aren't Disgaea 4

So they charged me for Neptunia Rebirth and it's 25 fucking dollars. Holy shit I didn't think the discount went THAT deep. Now I'm hating myself for cancelling Disgaea 4.

I cancelled everything. Need to concentrate on studies and making money.

flkraven

Does anyone know if Target is restocking their incredibly low-priced current-gen games? If not, what the heck are they doing with that empty shelf space?

DJ_Lae

Does anyone know if Target is restocking their incredibly low-priced current-gen games? If not, what the heck are they doing with that empty shelf space?

I still don't understand why they did that clearance pricing on all those games.

With the shelf space, maybe just leave it empty...like the few Targets I've been to here, they seem to like barren shelves. The toy section at West Edmonton Mall was hilarious a few weeks back, everything looked completely picked over.

flkraven

I still don't understand why they did that clearance pricing on all those games.

With the shelf space, maybe just leave it empty...like the few Targets I've been to here, they seem to like barren shelves. The toy section at West Edmonton Mall was hilarious a few weeks back, everything looked completely picked over.

I agree. I completely don't get it. My only guess is that they don't want old product sitting on the shelf for years so it doesn't look like Zellers, but empty fucking shelves isn't any better.

the august sales should be done now, it was only for this month clearence etc

Now i regret not buying eshop points during the Target sale.

smh

anyways, only worthy deal at Target this friday is the TLOU PS4 bundle with a Infamous SS download code @ $449

RE_Player

Just got my TV from Walmart. 46" RCA for a very good price. Clean my room, set it up and the thing is fucking broken. Have to return it. Does anyone have any experience with Walmart customer service and returns? Do they go smoothly?

XBP

Just got my TV from Walmart. 46" RCA for a very good price. Clean my room, set it up and the thing is fucking broken. Have to return it. Does anyone have any experience with Walmart customer service and returns? Do they go smoothly?

Walmart is pretty awesome with returns. They've always taken back things i've bought, no questions asked.

I cancelled everything. Need to concentrate on studies and making money.

Yeah I'm really close to just cancelling all my Best Buy stuff. I'm just gonna wait until Hyrule Warriors ships out from them and then I'm canceling the whole order. Doesn't really matter to me as well since a lot of it is coming out late 2015 anyway. Part of it is because I'm also really unsure what kind of financial situation I'll be in next year.

All my Amazon stuff are games I was gonna buy anyway. Like right now it's both versions of Smash Bros 4, Bayo 2, MGSV Phantom Pain, and Persona Ultimax.

terrible

Banned
Yeah I'm really close to just cancelling all my Best Buy stuff. I'm just gonna wait until Hyrule Warriors ships out from them and then I'm canceling the whole order. Doesn't really matter to me as well since a lot of it is coming out late 2015 anyway. Part of it is because I'm also really unsure what kind of financial situation I'll be in next year.

All my Amazon stuff are games I was gonna buy anyway. Like right now it's both versions of Smash Bros 4, Bayo 2, MGSV Phantom Pain, and Persona Ultimax.

The vast majority of games will get sales or price drops a month after release making them cheaper than the E3 deals anyway.

I canceled almost all my pre-orders myself.

For reasons, I don't want my Destiny pre-order for 39.99 from last years E3. Can't cancel it.

fml. I mean I could easily sell it for more than I got it but just a hassle overall. Rather not.

zroid

Banned
Maybe he means it's part of an order including other games he doesn't want canceled. You can always just return it though.

ShaneB

A quick question... if I buy a PS4 bundle from Ebgames... can I return that game in the bundle and use that trade in value towards the actual purchase of the console?

A quick question... if I buy a PS4 bundle from Ebgames... can I return that game in the bundle and use that trade in value towards the actual purchase of the console?

Nope. You can definitely trade it in right after, towards something else, but they won't let you do it on the same transaction. Best bet would be to sell the game on Craigslist, you'd get the same result, and probably a better return.

ShaneB

Nope. You can definitely trade it in right after, towards something else, but they won't let you do it on the same transaction. Best bet would be to sell the game on Craigslist, you'd get the same result, and probably a better return.

That's what I figured. Thanks for the reply.

Sweet Ivy

Considering they just unveiled MP for Dragon Age Inquisition, does anyone have a "E3 discounted" copy they want to give away?
Let me know in case!

Stage On

Fricken Amazon just gets worse and worse. They aren't supposed to charge your credit card until something actually ships and yet I was charged for the new Hyperdimension Neptiuna game on the 25th and it's been stuck in preparing to ship mode for the last couple of days

I complained to customer services but they just insist it'll arrive on time for the estimated delivery date of Thursday, September 4, 2014 - Monday, September 8, 2014 by 8:00pm.

What utter bullshit, any other company like Futureshop or god forbid even Eb games and I'd have already had my copy in my hands by now. There's literally no reason when they already have it in stock that they can't actually sent it out now other then that they are trying to force me to get prime.

Well joke's on them, once the last parts of my order that I literally can't get cheaper anywhere else right now like Pokemon for $30 and Skylanders Trap team for $20 ship I'm canceling the rest of the games I ordered during the e3 sale and they can suck it. Next e3 I'm sticking with Futureshop and Best buy because at least I get my freaking stuff on time from them.

Megasoum

Banned
Hey guys... really OT but I'm asking here cause you guys are cool and I'm getting ignored in the other thread lol...

Anybody in the XB1 preview program that could shoot me an invite? Gamertag: Supersoum

Thanks a lot!

zroid

Banned
in today's edition of news nobody cares about...

I still haven't been charged for PLvsAA. :( If it doesn't ship tomorrow I'm gonna be salty.

Hey guys... really OT but I'm asking here cause you guys are cool and I'm getting ignored in the other thread lol...

Anybody in the XB1 preview program that could shoot me an invite? Gamertag: Supersoum

Thanks a lot!

Would love an invite too if anyone has one!

Manlyman12

chrono01

I still haven't been charged for PLvsAA. :( If it doesn't ship tomorrow I'm gonna be salty.
Really? I was charged and had my copy shipped already [via Best Buy].

I hope you [and others here] have your orders shipped soon!

Jinto

BB shipped my copy, but It's not scheduled to arrive until Tuesday.

I did manage to pick up all 5 AA games today. Now I gotta find the PL games at a decent price. Never played any of them.

Also, I don't know how I managed to forget to pre-order Madden. I ordered like every game possible. Not sure if I feel like spending $70 on it though. :/

SickBoy

Anyone ever traded in games at Best Buy? How does it compare to Gamestop?

Trade values are competitive, but the actual trading experience will vary by store. I find it a little less painful than Future Shop (not sure if their systems are slightly different), but it's clear BB/FS have never really put much stock into developing a good computer system for trades.

So expect the process to take longer and, if you're unlucky, also expect a less friendly associate than you might get at EB/Gamestop.

Trade values are competitive, but the actual trading experience will vary by store. I find it a little less painful than Future Shop (not sure if their systems are slightly different), but it's clear BB/FS have never really put much stock into developing a good computer system for trades.

So expect the process to take longer and, if you're unlucky, also expect a less friendly associate than you might get at EB/Gamestop.

Haha, I watched the Best Buy dude trade in my games once. You're basically returning product, they just select a different "reason". It's the dumbest setup, and takes so long.

Top Bottom