• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

NYR

Anyone know the trade in value for an xbox one?

Bought one 3 weeks ago, totally regret it since I want the white one and have no need for it until October, wasn't announced before I jumped in.
Well, sold my xbox one. EB games refused to accept my return or for store credit since I traded in games.

Bought it for 329 and sold it for 375. Will get the white one with sunset overdrive. In the end, if I kept it and bought sunset, I would be at $407 with GST. Now I'll get the white bundle and pay $420, so I end up being in the hole only $13. Good news is I got a $15 gift card when I bought a 2nd controller, so only a $2 gain (but I lost 3 games I traded in which I don't place any value on, to be honest, would never play them again).

jholmes

What's the story with Tim Hortons and Wendys anyways? Limited partnership?

The stores you see sharing space are the vestiges of the two companies' somewhat short-lived time together. Wendy's bought Tim Hortons and then spun it off a few years ago.

Ondore

Right near my current workplace is a corner that has a Burger King on one side and a Tims/Wendys combo on the other. Are they going to have to trade places now? :p

Okay, this is really getting ridiculous now. Still no sign of Tales of Xillia 2 from Amazon.ca. The site says it's in stock, and you can get it tomorrow if you choose one-day shipping. Meanwhile, my order status has updated!... to PUSH THE EXPECTED DELIVERY BACK TO AFTER LABOUR DAY.

Okay, this is really getting ridiculous now. Still no sign of Tales of Xillia 2 from Amazon.ca. The site says it's in stock, and you can get it tomorrow if you choose one-day shipping. Meanwhile, my order status has updated!... to PUSH THE EXPECTED DELIVERY BACK TO AFTER LABOUR DAY.

I assume you can't cancel because you got it on an E3 deal?

Seems ridiculous. That might be worth a phone call.

I have a good deal on Dragon Age Deluxe Edition with them but I wonder when I'm going to get it.

Also, are there copies available at Future Shop? You could buy it from there now and then return the copy you receive from Amazon. That is if you're confident you will get it within a month.

I just bought Diablo III from FS because the discounted copy I ordered from shop.ca is taking its sweet time to ship.

I assume you can't cancel because you got it on an E3 deal?

Seems ridiculous. That might be worth a phone call.

I have a good deal on Dragon Age Deluxe Edition with them but I wonder when I'm going to get it.

Also, are there copies available at Future Shop? You could buy it from there now and then return the copy you receive from Amazon. That is if you're confident you will get it within a month.

I just bought Diablo III from FS because the discounted copy I ordered from shop.ca is taking its sweet time to ship.

I just emailed them, may call them later. I don't actually need to play the game now, but a) what if I DID want to play it now? and b) what's going to happen to my other pre-orders? I mean, is Destiny also going to come in two weeks late? Persona 4 Arena Ultimax? Civilization: Beyond Earth? I don't want to wait two weeks to play any of those games, especially if I've pre-ordered them!

Magnus

Folks - where can I buy a PAYD credit card mobile reader at retail? One's on the way to us by mail for registering for PAYD, but it'll arrive in 10 business days, way after we need it.

Apparently London Drugs carries it, which is a Canadian store I've never heard of before (I'm in Toronto). Does anyone have one to lend me in Toronto? Or has one and is willing to ship/lend it to us? I'll offer up 'rent' it from you for an agreed-on price! We really need it in time for this weekend for our booth at FanExpo. Thanks!

--

It's such a shame that every time I visit the thread, it's full of new issues, delays, service disruption notices or other bad news instead of more good deals. Lol. Our poor country

frequency

I complained about it on Friday and they upgraded my shipment method.
It shipped yesterday evening and is out for Delivery right now.

Once it gets out the door, it's fast. Amazon just sits on it forever to punish you for not paying them more money for shipping/Prime.

Complain to them. I'm not sure if I want to do this every release so I'm considering cancelling all the orders. I have to think about whether it's worth the headache.

zroid

Banned
Incidentally all the games I pre-ordered from Amazon which I "need to have on day 1" I also have pre-ordered from Best Buy, for one reason or another.

I would have canceled some of them (the ones I can cancel), but I figure they'll be useful in case Amazon shits the bed with their shipments. Can always do the ol' swap return at Best Buy once the games do arrive.

I was watching this on the news (I live in Vancouver), and people's reactions are HILARIOUS! They're treating Tim's like it's this treasured hidden gem of an institution, that will somehow be tarnished by this. Don't worry, they will continue to serve completely average coffee and sandwiches, I promise you this.

And people didn't seem to understand why I said people would react negatively to this.

Folks - where can I buy a PAYD credit card mobile reader at retail? One's on the way to us by mail for registering for PAYD, but it'll arrive in 10 business days, way after we need it.

Apparently London Drugs carries it, which is a Canadian store I've never heard of before (I'm in Toronto). Does anyone have one to lend me in Toronto? Or has one and is willing to ship/lend it to us? I'll offer up 'rent' it from you for an agreed-on price! We really need it in time for this weekend for our booth at FanExpo. Thanks!

--

It's such a shame that every time I visit the thread, it's full of new issues, delays, service disruption notices or other bad news instead of more good deals. Lol. Our poor country

I don't have one but all I can offer is buy one and ship it to you, if you don't have access to London Drugs in your area! Here in AB we have lots of London Drugs!

Not sure if this might help but I'm just trying!

I was watching this on the news (I live in Vancouver), and people's reactions are HILARIOUS! They're treating Tim's like it's this treasured hidden gem of an institution, that will somehow be tarnished by this. Don't worry, they will continue to serve completely average coffee and sandwiches, I promise you this.

They probably believe their "Always Fresh" motto too.

every amazon.ca game preorder i've placed over the last couple years has consistently shipped on either the thursday or friday of the week of release. every one...

which's why, aside from huge deals, i no longer preorder from amazon.ca. it's an obvious 'penalty' for not using prime...

every amazon.ca game preorder i've placed over the last couple years has consistently shipped on either the thursday or friday of the week of release. every one...

which's why, aside from huge deals, i no longer preorder from amazon.ca. it's an obvious 'penalty' for not using prime...

Yeah it's terrible. Luckily I have a Future Shop on my walk home from work, so I usually just pick up a copy on release day and then do the ol' switcheroo when my Amazon one ships.

Grimsen

while looking at the XBL sale, I noticed that my live expires tomorrow. I really don't feel like renewing. :/

I think I'm gonna check how much stores are giving for USF4, and I'll pick up the PS3 version. It's the only game I need live for in my library.

while looking at the XBL sale, I noticed that my live expires tomorrow. I really don't feel like renewing. :/

I think I'm gonna check how much stores are giving for USF4, and I'll pick up the PS3 version. It's the only game I need live for in my library.

Yeah, I happily let my XBL expire. My 360 is now just shy if being a dust collector, I should really just put it away. PS3 has been my go to for years now.

Thursday or Friday after release, I'd be somewhat okay with. Not pleased, but okay. This is a full week after release, and if I hadn't complained it probably still wouldn't be preparing to ship yet.

Thankfully, complaining got them to upgrade me to express, and the game should be here tomorrow. If this is what it takes, I guess I'll do it for the games I really care about.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
you mean them adding a Canada Tax? lol

I'll order first thing. Still insanely good value even if they raise prices to 15 for both packs.

Will they charge for the pre-order, cuz I already added the funds hahaha?

i-Jest

I hope Nintendo won't raise the price of 11.99 MK8 DLC tomorrow. I'll order it as soon as it goes up.

you mean them adding a Canada Tax? lol

I'll order first thing. Still insanely good value even if they raise prices to 15 for both packs.

Will they charge for the pre-order, cuz I already added the funds hahaha?

I fully expect it to be $13.19, and you should too

Wait. I thought the DLC was free. I mean that's what it says on the Eshop right?

ohlawd

Wait. I thought the DLC was free. I mean that's what it says on the Eshop right?

the DLC for the cars, map, records are free.

this stuff is something else

Since you get the Yoshi and ShyGuy skins right away... probably.

yeah, it should take funds off the second you buy it. and I guess if you cancel, you lose the license so you can't play with Yoshi and the Shy Guys.

DaBoss

Even if it is like $13 or $14, it is still a pretty good price, though it would suck that they would raise it. How did they handle the pricing for the Mario Golf DLC?

EDIT: Just checked, they raised the price by $1.50 for the individual packs and the season pass on the Canadian eShop. :/

EDIT2: I can't do math or read, they raised each individual packs' price by $0.50 while they raised the season pass by $1.50 compared to the US eShop prices.

So it will probably be $8.49 each and $13 for the pack.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I was pleasantly surprised that the Mario Kart DLC price was the same as the US price. Hopefully Nintendo has stopped with the mark up here in Canada for future releases also.

Lexxism

I was pleasantly surprised that the Mario Kart DLC price was the same as the US price. Hopefully Nintendo has stopped with the mark up here in Canada for future releases also.

Oh, sweet! I remember they did the same with Boxing + Baseball. It was 9.99 at launch and after a days/week they upped the price by $2 or something

My fiancee just bought a 4th gen iPad from Best Buy on Saturday and now they have the Air with the same storage size for $20 more then she paid on a one day sale apparently.

Anything we can do to get the upgrade and only pay the difference?

Lexxism

My fiancee just bought a 4th gen iPad from Best Buy on Saturday and now they have the Air with the same storage size for $20 more then she paid on a one day sale apparently.

Anything we can do to get the upgrade and only pay the difference?

Yeah, you can do that. Just say you want to exchange it for Air.

ohlawd

yep, 11.99

:3

gonna play later. hopefully there are more people in the GAF lobby

DaBoss

Oh, sweet! I remember they did the same with Boxing + Baseball. It was 9.99 at launch and after a days/week they upped the price by $2 or something
lol, can't believe they did that.

I guess they didn't want to change the advertising or something so they kept the price the same.

Top Bottom