• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Really random, but anyone know where I can buy empty PS3 Slim or OG Wii boxes? I stupidly threw them out a few years back and need them to pack my consoles away while I'm in school. :(

I ended up with an extra copy of Tales of Xillia 2 from the E3 sale and now am wondering if I should try and sell it on Kijiji or just bring it back. On one hand I want someone to take advantage of the deal I got, on the other... I'm wary about kijiji.

Thoughts?

Zing

Banned
Really random, but anyone know where I can buy empty PS3 Slim or OG Wii boxes? I stupidly threw them out a few years back and need them to pack my consoles away while I'm in school. :(
129174935206397776.gif

i-Jest

I ended up with an extra copy of Tales of Xillia 2 from the E3 sale and now am wondering if I should try and sell it on Kijiji or just bring it back. On one hand I want someone to take advantage of the deal I got, on the other... I'm wary about kijiji.

Thoughts?

Sell it in the B/S/T thread. Ask your friends if they're interested or if they might know anyone who's interested. Try and sell at your local game shops if that's an option. If it all fizzles out return it.

Didnt amazon have it for $399 when it was announced?

Was that in Canadian?

Banned

Thoughts?
What are you selling it for? You can try the BST thread or I might buy it off you.

I read that BestBuy had a trade in deal for Madden 15 if you traded in Madden 25 you would get $25 towards the purchase + a $10 gift certificate? Does anyone know if this is legit and if it's happening in Canadian Best Buys as well?

Anyone possibly have an idea of where I may be able to find the Limited Edition of Destiny to Pre-Order for Xbox One? I didn't realize it came with the season pass until recently. I suppose I could possibly find it on launch at FutureShop..

What are you selling it for? You can try the BST thread or I might buy it off you.

Just the price I got it off the E3 deal (56 after tax)! And I'll have to look into that! My work schedule might make it harder to sell it though....

And off the top of my head I can't remember what Bestbuy's return policy is for games...

Lexxism

Just the price I got it off the E3 deal (56 after tax)! And I'll have to look into that! My work schedule might make it harder to sell it though....

And off the top of my head I can't remember what Bestbuy's return policy is for games...

Just return the extra copy? BB has a 30 days window unopened(never tried returning opened) from the day it was shipped.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.

Do you have to buy the exact same boxes? lol why can't you just throw them in one random box.

Rbk_3

I might actually get a game from FS on time. They already submitted the shipping info to Canada Post for Madden.

How much? Would you ship to TO? Let me know!

Hey Stn, sure, I don't mind shipping it. I got it dirt cheap, so basically whatever I paid ($5) plus shipping is cool.

It might be around $11-12 total. Only issue is that's without order tracking. An alternative is to look for used copies at Futureshop, best buy or EB, where you might find it for between $10-15, or craigslist perhaps for similar price.

ill send you a PM.

DJ_Lae

Whee, Amazon upgraded my white PS4 bundle to release day delivery - which means it might arrive the Monday before or (like some movies I've had delivered) possibly Friday if someone gets a bit overzealous in the warehouse.

So tims will get burgers now or some shit

If Tim Horton's starts selling Whoppers I might actually go in there.

ShaneB

Forgot about this thread, figure it makes sense to ask it here.

I don't really play games anymore, but have been tempted now to buy a Maddenstation 4 and at least join the new gen.

Would like to get rid of my old gen consoles, and instead of trying to sell them piece by piece, I'm wondering what are the best prices I could expect by doing a trade in somewhere in Toronto? Any deals going on for extra credit at someplace? etc etc? Heck, anyone here looking to buy things? :p

bryt

Hey all, for BestBuy preorders with PayPal. You don't get charged all at once right? I have a $823 E3 preorder that just showed up on my PayPal account and the status is "Order to" and "Pending". That means that I'll only get charged every time a game ships right?

EDIT: Nevermind, I was panicking too much and didn't even bother to check my email. It says it's not a charge. It'll only get charged once the merchant processes the payment.

Hey all, for BestBuy preorders with PayPal. You don't get charged all at once right? I have a $823 E3 preorder that just showed up on my PayPal account and the status is "Order to" and "Pending". That means that I'll only get charged every time a game ships right?

I'm pretty sure it's a bulk payment when done through Paypal. It's a definite glitch, or at least major oversight. Call them to make sure.

I don't know if this has been pointed out already but the Best Buy trade 2 get a $60 gift card deal HAD Call of Duty Ghosts and it has now been taken off of the list. I found this out by attempting to trade it and AC IV in :(

I don't know if this has been pointed out already but the Best Buy trade 2 get a $60 gift card deal HAD Call of Duty Ghosts and it has now been taken off of the list. I found this out by attempting to trade it and AC IV in :(

Bah. I was hoping they would add Last of Us without taking away Call of Duty.

Meh.

Forgot about this thread, figure it makes sense to ask it here.

I don't really play games anymore, but have been tempted now to buy a Maddenstation 4 and at least join the new gen.

Would like to get rid of my old gen consoles, and instead of trying to sell them piece by piece, I'm wondering what are the best prices I could expect by doing a trade in somewhere in Toronto? Any deals going on for extra credit at someplace? etc etc? Heck, anyone here looking to buy things? :p

EB is your best bet, you might keep an eye for their trade in deals! Usually it's 30-40% bonus credit when trading in towards new gen consoles!

ShaneB

EB is your best bet, you might keep an eye for their trade in deals! Usually it's 30-40% bonus credit when trading in towards new gen consoles!

Yeah, that is pretty much what I'm going to resort to. Just going to pack things up this week, and whatever accessories I can and maybe luck out to see if I can get anywhere near maybe 200 bucks for the lot.

Thanks for the reply!

All my friends bought a PS4 at launch now they switched to XB1 around April. They're my FIFA and NHL buddies and if they choose to get destiny on it too then I'm lonely with my PS4.

I bought the Titanfall Xbox One bundle in April and had to sell it because my gf owed $700 in taxes and we needed the cash. :(

I really want an xbox one again but there are terrible deals and I don't want to trade in my PS4. Best I could find is the extra trade credit towards a one but I'm not trading in my PS3 either lol. I'm browsing this thread, RFD, and google everyday for deals.

you need cash yet you want to own another console to spend cash on. you even had to sell your console to help pay for $700 in taxes.

come on.

Banned
you need cash yet you want to own another console to spend cash on. you even had to sell your console to help pay for $700 in taxes.

come on.
Lol. I'm financially stable now, but I don't think the gf will accept me rebuying a console I sold just 4 months ago lol. My eyes are bigger then my wallet.
Everything was fine until they told me last month they were going Xbox one lol.

kaiyo

Lol. I'm financially stable now, but I don't think the gf will accept me rebuying a console I sold just 4 months ago lol. My eyes are bigger then my wallet.
Everything was fine until they told me last month they were going Xbox one lol.

Tell your friends to get the games on PS4.

Banned
They traded in the PS4 for the XB1. I'm not that foolish. Time to make new friends.

Anybody who wants to add me for some FIFA, NHL or Destiny add Tenkay23 to PSN.

It's amusing to me that I got Diablo 3 delivered (in winnipeg) the day before release from best buy via Canda post but madden 15 hasn't shipped from amazon yet. Prior to them trying to force prime on people I consistently got games a day or 2 after release day from amazon and it was best buy that took forever. What a joke.

Top Bottom