• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

23qwerty

I preordered NHL 15 and Destiny for the PS4 online from Futureshop during the E3 preorder deal, anyone know if futureshop actually ships prior to the release date so that it shows up on actual release date or..?

I preordered NHL 15 and Destiny for the PS4 online from Futureshop during the E3 preorder deal, anyone know if futureshop actually ships prior to the release date so that it shows up on actual release date or..?

Theyre usually pretty good about it. i almost always get my shit on release day

Rbk_3

Madden was the first of about 10 games I have ordered from them that actually arrived on time. Previously, Last of Us Remastered arrived a day late.

Socreges

Banned
According to Wikipedia, a mini-SIM is the SIM used in older smartphones. The original SIM is the size of a credit card.

So a micro to full adapter should be all you need if you have a slot for a regular-sized SIM card.

I have a feeling you are confusing the sizes. Check this one out:

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/Prod...line&category=airtime_simcard&product=8024474

Check which size fits your phone/SIM.
NHL-GAF <3

That's exactly what I thought, but my friend/coworker convinced me of otherwise (fucker!)

i-Jest

Okay. Amiibo order placed. Fingers crossed for pricing errors so we get them cheaper before release.

Yup. I might just stick with my US order, no tax $1 cheaper each and I can ship it to my PO box save almost $15.

Wouldn't you have to deal with UPS?

Sealtest

Wouldn't you have to deal with UPS?

My po box in detroit is set up as a street address ( some sort of loophole they found) so the only thing I'd have 2 worry about is if USPS stole my package ( which is a 1/9 chance as of late) and bringing it over the border.

koopas

Okay. Amiibo order placed. Fingers crossed for pricing errors so we get them cheaper before release.
I think if anything, preordering them is a smart move due to (the inevitable) supply constraints I forsee being an issue right at launch.

Has speculation begun on the 'rares' of the first batch?

I think if anything, preordering them is a smart move due to (the inevitable) supply constraints I forsee being an issue right at launch.

Has speculation begun on the 'rares' of the first batch?

I don't see this being true. Amiibo would be a failed platform if the only way to reliably get it is through pre-orders and online. They depend on brand awareness and public recognition. If the public cannot see them in stores, they won't be interested. I think Nintendo will make sure their is plenty of supply for Wave1, especially at launch.

Madouu

Hmm, so two of the parcels I was excepting this week by way of canada post got returned to the sender even though I've been using the same address for years now without any issues. I called them up to inquire on what the issue exactly was and the person on the phone told me that it was the sender's fault (two different companies in my case) because they put the tracking number label on the address label, thus obstructing it.

Anybody got any experience with something like this? I find it a bit hard to believe especially since the parcels made their way all the way to my city before they realized there was an issue with the labeling. Not to mention the fact that this happened with two separate shipments from two different companies (newegg and yves rocher).

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

I've gotten all my games the day of. To be fair, I live in Vancouver though, right near the distribution centre.

Madness

Don't know whether to bite on the regular Kinectless Xbox One with free Destiny or NHL 15 for $400 supposedly at Walmart or Superstore, or to wait for the white Sunset Overdrive bundle. The good thing is, price wise they're the same, but I get a retail copy of Destiny, whereas the Sunset bundle only gives me a digital code, which I'd probably try and sell in the lower mainland quickly.

SxPlWRI.jpg

zroid

Banned
You're not missing a whole lot. I have a hard time eating the regular KD, it's pretty bland. White cheddar or sharp cheddar aren't bad, though. They're comparable with the Annie's ones at least, but there's only so much you can get out of boxed mac and cheese.

Extra Creamy is alright too. I won't touch original KD anymore. :V

Madden was the first of about 10 games I have ordered from them that actually arrived on time. Previously, Last of Us Remastered arrived a day late.

I got my PS4 Diablo 3 a day before release from best buy which impressed me cause living in Winnipeg usually makes games late. My Madden from Amazon arrived yesterday (a week plus a day after release).

BY2K

Membero Americo
Don't know whether to bite on the regular Kinectless Xbox One with free Destiny or NHL 15 for $400 supposedly at Walmart or Superstore, or to wait for the white Sunset Overdrive bundle. The good thing is, price wise they're the same, but I get a retail copy of Destiny, whereas the Sunset bundle only gives me a digital code, which I'd probably try and sell in the lower mainland quickly.

SxPlWRI.jpg

Well that's weird. With the PS4 bundle you save 10$. With the Xbox One bundle you save over 60$.

Amazon still Preparing Shipment for Dangan Ronpa 2. This is getting dumb.

Yeah, at this point you should contact them. If it was out of stock, that would be a different story, but there's no logical reason it should be "preparing for shipment" for that long

Zeeman

Nintendo's Amiibo figures are up on amazon.ca, Samus, Link and Mario got the tops with the others following.

It's pretty hilarious seeing the entire top 12 best selling video game things being Amiibos. I'm surprised by how low Donkey Kong is, comparatively.

LMN

That worked. Bugged them and they upgraded me. Still don't know when I'll actually get it though.

Nice ;), I did that with my Disgaea 4 and they shipped it the next day, so maybe that will apply to you too, hope you'll get it soon, DR2 has been a blast so far.

of the 20+ games I have ordered from FS/BB I have had every one show up on release date.

ahdurian

does anyone know how to contact USPS?
I wanted to file a complaint since my LE Danganronpa 2 still hasn't come in, and has been "pending" in Chicago since the 1st.
No update on my tracker, and doesn't look like Canada Post recognizes the tracking number either

whenever i try to file an online complaint though, it won't accept it since Canada

mdubs

Banned
does anyone know how to contact USPS?
I wanted to file a complaint since my LE Danganronpa 2 still hasn't come in, and has been "pending" in Chicago since the 1st.
No update on my tracker, and doesn't look like Canada Post recognizes the tracking number either

whenever i try to file an online complaint though, it won't accept it since Canada

Chill, it hasn't even been a week since they shipped it, my sister's copy hasn't arrive yet either.

Are these things likely to sell out, or is Nintendo planning on making lots?

No idea. I've actually been wondering how well they'll sell. On one hand, it's Nintendo, so that helps. On the other, there isn't really a flagship game to market them with. On another, They may be making a smaller run just so they aren't wasting money and resources (which might in turn drive up demand with "rarity").

It's hard to say. I have a feeling the more popular ones might be harder to find, but only for the holiday season.

Best Buy and Future Shop will be having a Buy 3 X1/PS4 Games for $99 starting tomorrow.

It is a selection of 8 games for PS4 and 10 for X1. It works out to $33 per game.

Best Buy
71fENbF.jpg

Nbqpmva.jpg

Future Shop
IbECHtv.jpg

1Tu0mth.jpg

PS4 Games
Battlefield 4
The Last of Us Remastered
The Lego Movie Videogame
Assassins Creed 4
inFamous Second Son
(Last 3 to be revealed tomorrow on their website at this link: http://www.bestbuy.ca/PS4GameDeal or http://www.futureshop.ca/PS4GameDeal)

Xbox One Games
Battlefield 4
The Lego Movie Videogame
Assassins Creed 4
Kinect Sports Rivals
Titanfall
(Last 5 to be revealed tomorrow on their website at this link: http://www.bestbuy.ca/XboxGameDeal or http://www.futureshop.ca/XboxGameDeal)

Not a bad deal, but some of these games have been found for less than $33 in some sales. Also, I have all the games they revealed so far, so unless something surprising shows up it isn't a sale for me. It is also only confirmed for Xbox One at Future Shop currently, as the leaked flyer only shows it for Xbox One, and given The Last of Us Remastered is on sale for $39.99 at Future Shop (and is one of the 8 games for the Buy 3 deal at BB) then either TLOUR isn't one of them at FS or it will be Xbox One only at FS.

Other Deals of Note
- 1 Year PS+ for $39.99 (if you buy Destiny for PS4, both at FS and BB)
- White PS4 DS4 for $49.99 (only if you buy a Destiny PS4 bundle at FS, you get the sale price at BB no matter what it seems)
- 3 Month XBL for $12.49 (if you buy Destiny or NHL 15, both at FS and BB)
- The Last of Us Remastered for $39.99 (FS only)
- Killzone Shadowfall for $19.99 (FS only)

chimster

amazon shipping is so weird

I got phoenix wright v professor layton the next day after release whereas for sims 4 it hasn't shipped 2 days after release

Top Bottom