• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Couldn't resist these at that price - thanks for the heads-up!

imagejpg1_zps3effe4f7.jpg

SickBoy

Bleh. Best Buy online rejected my price match request for PvZ (OOS online and "not sold in stores") So I price matched it at Target and returned it to BB. I thought about going to a Walmart and sending Best Buy a photo but in the end this seemed like less hassle.

The only clearance I've seen at my store is the video game stuff, and RFD basically nukes the stores the day those things happen.

Yeah, I've done OK on videogame stuff, but same deal here... there's less hype and less hoarding when it comes to non-tech deals, so that's where we've really saved. (Though we did get some sweet Panasonic cordless phones for 70% off last week)

kennah

Anyone interested in buying one of my computers?

i7-2600K
Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe
8 Gig DDR3
Bitfenix Prodigy Black
500W OCZ Power supply.

$400 local Winnipeg, can work out amicable shopping elsewhere.

No hard drive or Windows, but could probably spare a hard drive to include.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
On PC? that seems useful. how much does it cost?
How much does it cost?
For anyone who already subscribes to Rogers for wireless data or Internet, it will be free until Dec. 31. For those who subscribe elsewhere, it will cost $199.99 for the full season, but Rogers Media president Keith Pelley said an early-bird discount of $20 would be available until the middle of next month.
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014...ames-online-this-season-just-not-all-of-them/

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Tried to pre-order amiibo's at EBGames as I have over 200$ in game credit but it seems they didn't generate the skus ;.;

Returners

Bleh. Best Buy online rejected my price match request for PvZ (OOS online and "not sold in stores") So I price matched it at Target and returned it to BB. I thought about going to a Walmart and sending Best Buy a photo but in the end this seemed like less hassle.

Yeah, I've done OK on videogame stuff, but same deal here... there's less hype and less hoarding when it comes to non-tech deals, so that's where we've really saved. (Though we did get some sweet Panasonic cordless phones for 70% off last week)

Call again. I PM'ed ok in store.

Price matching online is a hassle, man. It's never worked out 100% for me when I've done it online (at best they'll do it for me, then add a "shipping charge" on top of the discounted price, which has literally never happened to me in store). Best bet is to go to a store, where you can actually look someone in the eye, and have a dialogue with them.

Price matching online is a hassle, man. It's never worked out 100% for me when I've done it online (at best they'll do it for me, then add a "shipping charge" on top of the discounted price, which has literally never happened to me in store). Best bet is to go to a store, where you can actually look someone in the eye, and have a dialogue with them.

Same thing happened to me, refusal sometimes and they state it's in the terms of E3 deal that it can't be combined with other offers! When they price matched they would add shipping fees which killed the deal sometimes!
Today I reserved a copy of PvZ at FS, they PMed Walamrt but didn't beat the price so baiscally $20.99 with tax! Dropped it off at BB next door for a refund no questions asked :p

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Xbox One Polk audio on sale starting from tomorrow, at Futureshop for 80$. Half the price I think, I am getting it.

Xbox One Polk audio on sale starting from tomorrow, at Futureshop for 80$. Half the price I think, I am getting it.

What's that actually?

Edit: nvm, I was outside and didn't wanna search!
Now I see it's a wireless headset (not really wireless since you need to hook it up to the controller) that normally goes for $150, I see that reviews mention a compatibility problem with the mic and that the manufacturer will ship you a replacement mic until the problem is fixed! No thanks!

Rbk_3

I got my PS4 Diablo 3 a day before release from best buy which impressed me cause living in Winnipeg usually makes games late. My Madden from Amazon arrived yesterday (a week plus a day after release).

The only thing I got early was my Ps4. I was pleasantly surprised.

Guled

Is there any place that is still accepting preorders for Destiny limited or ghost edition for the ps4, or am I out of luck lol

So I called my EB and they are still taking preorders for Destiny PS4 bundle but I'm stuck at work and won't be out before closing -_-
Hope they will still have some left tomorrow morning!

So of course when I went today to preorder they told me it was cut off already and to check at midnight launch in case they got extra ones :(

Canon

Banned
Since my E3 orders were cancelled by PayPal/Future Shop/whatever, I had to create a new one and have them manually add the discount to each game (about 15 games). They say it'll show up as a 30% off credit 5-7 business days after each game ships in my Paypal account, so we'll see.

I wonder if it'll screw things up if I change my payment method to a credit card, since PayPal is unreliable. There's nothing in writing showing the discount, it shows full price, so I just have to trust them that the discount is automatic 5-7 business days later.

mdubs

Banned
should I have to wait a week though?
Everytime I've ordered from NIS site, I've gotten the game on release date

You should give them the benefit of the doubt especially since you've presumably chosen standard shipping and are ordering internationally. From the sounds of it our copy is coming tomorrow.

Jinto

After doing some tests, it appears the wi-fi on my PS4 sucks compared to my PC even though they're in the same room. Anyone have experience with powerline adapters?

jzbluz

Since my E3 orders were cancelled by PayPal/Future Shop/whatever, I had to create a new one and have them manually add the discount to each game (about 15 games). They say it'll show up as a 30% off credit 5-7 business days after each game ships in my Paypal account, so we'll see.

I wonder if it'll screw things up if I change my payment method to a credit card, since PayPal is unreliable. There's nothing in writing showing the discount, it shows full price, so I just have to trust them that the discount is automatic 5-7 business days later.

I had something similar happen to me. They do refund you the difference, but paypal keeps it in your payal account instead of sending the refund back to your bank.

iphys

I just contacted BB regarding my Smash Bros 3DS order from June 2011, and they thought I gave them the wrong order number because their order numbers are an extra digit now, lol.

Top Bottom