• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

StevieP

Banned
After doing some tests, it appears the wi-fi on my PS4 sucks compared to my PC even though they're in the same room. Anyone have experience with powerline adapters?

Yeah I've noticed at my friend's place the ps4 wifi chip sucks donkey nuts. Power line should work better for you. Get a 500m adapter if you can get a good deal on it. Keep in mind that every once in a blue moon you will likely have to reboot them (ie pull them in and out of the plug on each side) and that their speed and reliability will vary depending on distance and how dirty your power is. Most of them don't like going into power bars either, and usually want right in the wall socket.

Bluenova

Neo Member
Nice I bought Shadowfall last week, as my first PS4 game [without having a PS4]! Throwin GG a bone, cuz I have always liked their games. Back to Futureshop to correct the price! thank you for heads up.

Anyone Grab GT6 while it was on sale at Target? just curious

Gaffers hyped for Destiny itt
PS4 LE, not ghost ed. are back in limited stock on fs& bb- get one :p

iphys

On the CAD eShop, why is SM3DL listed at $24.99, instead of $19.99? (Down from $34.99)

Because SM3DL is regularly priced at US$30 and C$35 and it's a $10 discount instead of 33% just to doubly screw Canada over on the exchange rate. Kind of a joke considering you can get the retail version of the game on sale for C$20.

Jinto

Yeah I've noticed at my friend's place the ps4 wifi chip sucks donkey nuts. Power line should work better for you. Get a 500m adapter if you can get a good deal on it. Keep in mind that every once in a blue moon you will likely have to reboot them (ie pull them in and out of the plug on each side) and that their speed and reliability will vary depending on distance and how dirty your power is. Most of them don't like going into power bars either, and usually want right in the wall socket.

Cool, thanks for the reply. I've been reading some reviews and they're all over the place.

I think I might settle on something like this, since it's on sale. I'd prefer one with pass through, but that one is $30 more.

kennah

Because SM3DL is regularly priced at US$30 and C$35 and it's a $10 discount instead of 33% just to doubly screw Canada over on the exchange rate. Kind of a joke considering you can get the retail version of the game on sale for C$20.
Yeah was browsing last night. Makes the whole sale less exciting. Will probably still pick up fire emblem

And I have been charged for NHL 15. Let E3 preorder season officially begin!

Hopefully they try to drop it off Monday because the Canada Post guy won't bother to bring it upstairs and will just drop off a card in Tuesday's mail so I can pick it up. I may actually get to play it on release.

Well, at least they got SM3D World at price parity.

Lexxism

Totally different with Sony when it comes to sale. Still can't believe they are adding the extra $5 even with sale lol

Montresor

What are the chances I can get the following games at more than half off on Boxing Day? All XB1. I have not shopped on Boxing Day in years and years... Money is tight so I am done spending $70 on a new game, for a long long time.

Forza Horizon 2
Master Chief Collection
Sunset Overdrive
Sleeping Dogs Remastered
GTAV Remastered
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare
Dragon Age Inquisition
Walking Dead Season 1
Walking Dead Season 2
Wolf Among Us

Returners

What are the chances I can get the following games at more than half off on Boxing Day? All XB1. I have not shopped on Boxing Day in years and years... Money is tight so I am done spending $70 on a new game, for a long long time.

Forza Horizon 2
Master Chief Collection
Sunset Overdrive
Sleeping Dogs Remastered
GTAV Remastered
Dragon Age Inquisition
Walking Dead Season 1
Walking Dead Season 2
Wolf Among Us

I don't think MCC, DA:I would be half off for sure.

Forza Horizon 2
Master Chief Collection
Sunset Overdrive
Sleeping Dogs Remastered
GTAV Remastered
Dragon Age Inquisition
Walking Dead Season 1
Walking Dead Season 2
Wolf Among Us

Anything released from September till Boxing Day will likely be discounted to $39.99 or $44.99 or $49.99 from $69.99. I'm not sure what the release price for Sleeping Dogs is so that may be cheaper.

The Walking Deads and Wolf Among Us will probably be really cheap at some point.

Forza Horizon 2
Master Chief Collection
Sunset Overdrive
Sleeping Dogs Remastered
GTAV Remastered
Dragon Age Inquisition
Walking Dead Season 1
Walking Dead Season 2
Wolf Among Us

You can probably find most of those on sale in Boxing Day, but more than half off night be a stretch. Say like 20-30 off for most, and more for ones like Sleeping Dogs, that won't sell at all.

btkadams

How long is that Target deal going on for a free game with purchase of an Xbox One? And is it any Xbox One console purchase, like any bundle?

I just don't think I can make it to the store today and all the earlier posts have said is September 5th.

I emailed Future Shop support about my LE Destiny order as I was curious when I would be charged/when it would ship and they informed me that it wouldn't until release day. Is that just poorly informed/safe support info, or will that actually be the case?

Dazzler

no charge for me for Destiny yet, but they usually don't charge me until Monday afternoon for a Tuesday release

always get them day of release

Chatin

Do we know the other three games on sale at BB/FS for the PS4 deal? I'd like to take advantage of this 18 dollar TLoU if it's a mistake, but don't want to force the order through with BF4 if there is something better.

Ondore

Are eShop cards on sale too? That's a great discount.

It seems to be PSN, and from there YMMV. The Dartmouth store had PSN and eShop at 25% off, but not Xbox Live.

And some news from shipping-GAF: My Danganronpa 2 shipped from Amazon at 11:46am this morning. Approximately eight minutes after I bought it on PSN. -_- Good thing I have a buyer for the physical and I'll have it Wednesday.

spyguy

Same.

But they did supply me with a $20 off coupon which seems to be good for anything off of Bestbuy.ca.

That's not too bad.

They cancelled my order as well. I wonder if the people that ordered it at the correct price after we ordered ours will be receiving the limited edition.

The $20 bucks is nice though. I might use it to get the regular edition of the game actually.

Joeku

oh damn...... should I risk checking the Richmond Hill Target... it's like 20 mins away :(

Yeah, in my experience, all of the currency cards and most of the subscription cards stay really well stocked. I don't expect the hoarders to claim everything in this sale.

For those of you who got the Hulkamania Edition cancel check to see if your order is actually cancelled. Mine just did in the system but I don't think it happened until after I used the code they gave us on something else.

Returners

For those of you who got the Hulkamania Edition cancel check to see if your order is actually cancelled. Mine just did in the system but I don't think it happened until after I used the code they gave us on something else.

Mine has been cancelled with no action on my part.

Far Cry 4 Kyrat has been cancelled as well. Still shows up on the order but the "Product Total" doesn't add that item's price anymore.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
eShop and PSN money cards are also 25% off at Atwater Target in Montreal. Not a lot remaning though...!

mamoui

It seem to be a mistake at my local target (Laval, QC). The psn prepaid card are 25% off instead of 10% as advertise in the flyer(Xbox ones are 10% off). It makes the 50$ card at 37,5$. May be worth checking at yours.

suikodan

It seem to be a mistake at my local target (Laval, QC). The psn prepaid card are 25% off instead of 10% as advertise in the flyer(Xbox ones are 10% off). It makes the 50$ card at 37,5$. May be worth checking at yours.

That's where I'm headed after work (Centre Laval), hope there's some left!!! :p

mamoui

That's where I'm headed after work (Centre Laval), hope there's some left!!! :p

There was maybe 30 50$ card left when i left. About 10 20$ too. I regret already not taking more! I juste took enought for destiny and danganrompa 2 that i should have preorder at e3. With 25% off and no taxes it beat FS deal.

Top Bottom