• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

iiicon

woo, FutureShop just charged my Paypal account for Destiny!... and apparently every other game, because I have a $703.85 pending charge. huh.

ohlawd

lol yeah this currency card shit is legit.

$150 worth of eShop cards for $112.50. Target can get it. I'm set for a while, mwah Target mwah

mamoui

Are the currency cards advertised in store @ 25% off?

Yes. I'll post a picture when i figure how.
(To be clear it doesn't say 25% off, but the labels are 37,5 instead of 50$ and 15 instead of 20$)

Lexxism

Anyone can help me buy one? I'll pay through paypal though. $50 PSN and eshop.
The eShop cards were clearly marked as 25% off in store at the Target I went to in Calgary. It may be an error, but they're displaying the price you'll pay.

Ah my bad lol

Does anyone know how to do a price match request online at Best Buy? I am filling out the form for the Price Match Request, but in the link area where I put the link to Walmart's weekly flyer, it shows an error and tells me to put the link to the retailer's listing/flyer.

Anyone have their Destiny Ghost Edition charged yet? I am hearing that some EB Games oversold on pre-orders in store and have been getting staff to cancel their own orders to fulfill.

I ordered in store and am worried.

MarkusRJR

I was under the belief that Best Buy charges preorders individually... yet today I get an email from Paypal saying that I am charged $400 for my E3 order (Destiny was my first game to ship which is probably what caused the email). Am I actually going to get charged for the full $400 or just $50.

I literally just transferred a bunch of money into student loans and don't have enough money for $400 worth of stuff. Don't want to fuck up my PayPal by it getting declined.

Could someone with pre-order experience at Best Buy give me some advice?

I was under the belief that Best Buy charges preorders individually... yet today I get an email from Paypal saying that I am charged $400 for my E3 order (Destiny was my first game to ship which is probably what caused the email). Am I actually going to get charged for the full $400 or just $50.

I literally just transferred a bunch of money into student loans and don't have enough money for $400 worth of stuff. Don't want to fuck up my PayPal by it getting declined.

It's not a Best Buy thing, it's a Paypal thing. Well, I guess it is a best Buy thing, but for some reason that's how their ghetto implementation of Paypal works. You might have to contact customer service, there's nothing any of us can do.

Lexxism

I do remember quite of people complaining the same thing. Maybe try reading the email again. Maybe you misunderstand it.

edit: Found it. Did you happen to have the same email? If yes, read the email carefully.

I am assuming BB is preparing to ship my Akiba's Trip copy, but why the hell did they submit the whole amount of my order?
t69G3rr.png

I legit thought my Paypal account got hack, but went to check and it was the total amount of my E3 order. Shouldn't they only charge me only for Akiba Trip?

Billfisto

Unsurprisingly, Amazon's being a bunch of dicks with my Destiny preorder. Despite ordering on June 10th and receiving an email on July 11th advising it had been upgraded to Release Date shipping, my My Order section still says September 15th-16th.

I contacted chat support, they advised:

- I would be getting it on the 15th-16th. (Even with 1-2 day priority shipping(!))
- It's not eligible for release date shipping because the product page doesn't say it. (Despite receiving an email from them more than two months ago advising it was eligible)
- I lost release date shipping because I changed the shipping (I changed it to Priority on June 11th - one day after ordering, and a month prior to receiving the message advising it would be release date shipping).
- "I have several games in the order that aren't out yet". (I have no idea what this means).
- "We usually try and ship games out as soon as possible". (Despite them sitting on Diablo for a week before shipping it)

Phone support put me on hold for ten minutes, then came back and said that they had no idea what was going on and had to ask a supervisor.

This is mind-boggling - Blazblue, Hyperdimension Neptunia, and Danganronpa 2 all arrived release date, but Diablo 3 was a week late and Destiny looks to be the same. Why do I get niche games right away and the big releases take forever?

So much hassle. I don't believe I'll be ordering from them next E3.

iiicon

I went looking through my emails after I received the same notification because I ordered through BestBuy for the $22 Layton vs. Wright deal, and I was only charged for that item when it shipped despite a similar e-mail showing up when I made the order. I hope it's the same this time, because I don't really want to pay for $700 of video games at once, especially ones I'm still unsure about.

MarkusRJR

I do remember quite of people complaining the same thing. Maybe try reading the email again. Maybe you misunderstand it.

edit: Found it. Did you happen to have the same email? If yes, read the email carefully.
Yeah, that's the same thing. Did I totally read it wrong? Did the guy end up only getting charged for the one game (versus the whole order)?

Unsurprisingly, Amazon's being a bunch of dicks with my Destiny preorder. Despite ordering on June 10th and receiving an email on July 11th advising it had been upgraded to Release Date shipping, my My Order section still says September 15th-16th.

I contacted chat support, they advised:

- I would be getting it on the 15th-16th. (Even with 1-2 day priority shipping(!))
- It's not eligible for release date shipping because the product page doesn't say it. (Despite receiving an email from them more than two months ago advising it was eligible)
- I lost release date shipping because I changed the shipping (I changed it to Priority on June 11th - one day after ordering, and a month prior to receiving the message advising it would be release date shipping).
- "I have several games in the order that aren't out yet". (I have no idea what this means).
- "We usually try and ship games out as soon as possible". (Despite them sitting on Diablo for a week before shipping it)

Phone support put me on hold for ten minutes, then came back and said that they had no idea what was going on and had to ask a supervisor.

This is mind-boggling - Blazblue, Hyperdimension Neptunia, and Danganronpa 2 all arrived release date, but Diablo 3 was a week late and Destiny looks to be the same. Why do I get niche games right away and the big releases take forever?

So much hassle. I don't believe I'll be ordering from them next E3.

Just do the ol' buy and return trick. Easy peasy.

Lexxism

Yeah, that's the same thing. Did I totally read it wrong? Did the guy end up only getting charged for the one game (versus the whole order)?

Yeah, you read it wrong. They only charge you with one game and they were just notifying you about the other games you pre-ordered.

Yes, he/she only got charged for one game.

MarkusRJR

Yeah, you read it wrong. They only charge you with one game and they were just notifying you about the other games you pre-ordered.

Yes, he/she only got charged for one game.
Phew, thanks. :)

My heart legit stopped a beat reading that email whilst half-asleep this morning.

Sealtest

Same, Maybe it'll ship tonight and i'll get it monday? Would mean I can let EBGames sell my other ghost edition to someone else.

Also I was charged the full amount and not the 10% off amount. Will they refund me the difference?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Best Buy/Future Shop normally charge me on the Friday before release, so I'm not getting my hopes on it getting shipped tonight.

Canon

Banned
I had something similar happen to me. They do refund you the difference, but paypal keeps it in your payal account instead of sending the refund back to your bank.
FutureShop sent me an email saying they can't process my PayPal order --- again. It's not a problem with my PayPal since every other order has worked.

And my stupid fucking bank (TD) refuses to send me a new credit card even though I told them that it expires soon and it's preventing me from pre-ordering games because FutureShop declines any cards that expire before the games release.

And FutureShop keeps giving me a red error now to "try again later" after trying to change my payment method to a credit card.

Rexaur

FutureShop sent me an email saying they can't process my PayPal order --- again. It's not a problem with my PayPal since every other order has worked.

And my stupid fucking bank (TD) refuses to send me a new credit card even though I told them that it expires soon and it's preventing me from pre-ordering games because FutureShop declines any cards that expire before the games release.

And FutureShop keeps giving me a red error now to "try again later" after trying to change my payment method to a credit card.

This was a problem for me as well with TD. What you could do is change the expiry date on the card to something 3 years or so in the future.

Best Buy is giving me the same problem with the error when I try to look at the order online so your best bet is to go call them and get the info changed.

Tapejara

Went to Wal-Mart and they were sold out of PvZ. Target didn't have it either. Was able to price match at FutureShop, which was probably the best outcome. Didn't know they took an extra 10% off.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon isn't planning to ship out my Dangan Ronpa 2 for another week. Not even close to release, Amazon. Eff.

Contact them via costumer chat. My Dangaronpa 2 was supposed to arrive on september 17th (!), but I contacted them and the game is now in my hands. In fact, I think I'll start it right now! :)

Jinto

Yeah I bought $100 worth of both eshop and psn cards. So besides Dual Destinies and Shovel Knight, what are some other good digital only eshop games?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah I bought $100 worth of both eshop and psn cards. So besides Dual Destinies and Shovel Knight, what are some other good digital only eshop games?
There's a big sale going on it seems. But for full price stuff, I might pick up Gunvolt and Senran.

Jinto

There's a big sale going on it seems. But for full price stuff, I might pick up Gunvolt and Senran.

Oh yeah, forgot about Senran. Now's a good time to pick it up with the new one coming soon. Gunvolt looks cool too. I think I need to pick up some more eshop cards. lol

Liberty4all

Banned
Just a quick heads up, Playstation Canada has some sort of social media contest coming up open to Canadians. I'll have more details by Tuesday and will probably make a thread which ill link here.

Playstation Canada is aware of this thread and eager to hear back from Canadian fans. I've already mentioned the 50 dollar price increase blows.

As a Canadian myself I pointed out this specific thread to them and asked to be kept in the loop on anything Canadian related that I can pass on.

Chatin

Contact them via costumer chat. My Dangaronpa 2 was supposed to arrive on september 17th (!), but I contacted them and the game is now in my hands. In fact, I think I'll start it right now! :)
Thanks! I just contacted and they told me that with free shipping it's expected it would be in transit longer, before I pointed out that the issue is that still hadn't shipped. Now got priority shipping so it should arrive in time for Destiny. Gah. First world problems.

Just a quick heads up, Playstation Canada has some sort of social media contest coming up open to Canadians. I'll have more details by Tuesday and will probably make a thread which ill link here.

Playstation Canada is aware of this thread and eager to hear back from Canadian fans. I've already mentioned the 50 dollar price increase blows.

As a Canadian myself I pointed out this specific thread to them and asked to be kept in the loop on anything Canadian related that I can pass on.

So does the digital price hike! We can easily get games cheaper through Amazon.

Gritesh

Excellent can't wait to see what they got up their sleeves.

Yeah the price increase kinda stinks, thank goodness for e3 sales.

Top Bottom