• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

lfc11

Neo Member
id like to say that the futureshop website is a mess.

especially when checking orders and changing billing information.
Yup getting some error when I try to change my payment method. Apparently this has been going on for like years.

i-Jest

Just noticed Freedom Wars preorder bonuses are up.

http://plug-in.bestbuy.ca/t5/Visit-the-Plug-in-Blog/Freedom-Wars-Fighting-Giant-Robots-in-a-Dystopic-Future-Pre/ba-p/99467

Coming to North America in October, pre-order Freedom War's online to receive

Formal Wear - A limited edition costume, and fashion is clearly as much a part of this game as killing robots

Upgraded Mele and Ranged Weapons - Powerful early game weapons, available from the jump

In Game Stickers - Limited edition, for use in-game

Medical supplies - Combat Pack Item

Moltenix

Expected delivery for my copy of Smash Bros 4 from BB is supposed to be Friday.

I'll believe it when I see it. My previous batch of E3 orders were with FS and they weren't very good with Friday release dates.

theRizzle

Changing my shipping address has so far worked for me 1 out of 20 times. I still have MGS 5 and FFXV from the E3 pre-order and I've moved twice since then - this time to Nunavut.

I just called and had the guy do all my outstanding orders at once.

That's what I had originally planned to do for Shadows of Mordor, but after seeing all the praise it's been getting, I feel like I can't wait and wanna play that game this week.

I hear ya. I did buy the game from Amazon/Best Buy during the E3 deals and it shipped, so I'm going to end up keeping it rather than returning it. If you are eager enough to play the game though, I see it is worth buying it wit hall the praise. If you can hold on though, I would wait it out for a deal considering there are tons of games coming out the next couple of months.

zeitgeist

I'm in the weirdest futureshop shipping limbo for SSB 3DS.

Today I didn't get a shipping notice but I got one of those updates on your order emails that they send all the time and SSB wasn't on there anymore so I think I might still get lucky with it.

ahdurian

I'm in the weirdest futureshop shipping limbo for SSB 3DS.

Today I didn't get a shipping notice but I got one of those updates on your order emails that they send all the time and SSB wasn't on there anymore so I think I might still get lucky with it.

i got that too....i have no idea what it means....but meh, there's a EB near my house that's generally never busy, so i can prob. get a copy there if anything

has anyone been able to get a early copy before street date though? my friend said that some people he knwos in Vancouver got a copy already

Best Buy's site, unsurprisingly, is the same. Why have a 'Change Payment Option' on your site if it won't work and I am going to have to call anyway?

Best Buy's site, unsurprisingly, is the same. Why have a 'Change Payment Option' on your site if it won't work and I am going to have to call anyway?

Worse is following instructions on the phone redirects you to an automated message telling you to do it online... I always need to press the number not corresponding to my issue to get someone on the line.

Just got a shipping notice for my Smash FS copy. Now waiting for BB.

Edit: Just got the one from BB too. Looks like I'll be getting them on Friday.

DJ_Lae

So I was able to easily swap my copy of Destiny from that $400 Sunset Overdrive bundle deal Microsoft's web store was having. Went into Southgate this afternoon, surprised they only had a dinky kiosk there.

Anyway, the three people working there were all insanely friendly, I was given a copy of Forza Horizon 2 without a problem, plus a bunch of leftover goodies from launch yesterday:

i2KCKEtH2TCoX.jpg

I was also refunded $5 because the game retailed for $65 rather than Destiny's $70. The shipping bill didn't state any price, though, so they seem to set themselves up for a ton of abuse there. I actually felt guilty about the refund given that the game was entirely free.

So an effective $395 for that bundle (whenever it ships), Forza Horizon 2 and goodies, and $60 in XBL credit. Anyone else with a Microsoft store nearby, assuming you didn't sell Destiny on Kijiji or something, they'll swap games for you in a second.

bryt

Did anyone get their P4AU shipped from BB yet?

Mine hasn't shipped yet and my order has been charged for the full amount instead of just P4AU.

Qwyjibo

Amazon shipped my $330 PS4,so happy they honored the price error.
If you're keeping TLOU, make sure to try the code for it right away. According to some people on RFD, some codes aren't working due to some mix-up at Amazon.

I'm still hoping they update my shipping date. I'm stuck at the original Oct. 22 - Oct. 27 shipping estimate.

A couple Shoppers Drug Marts in my city (London) had Smash for sale today apparently. I was gone literally all day at school followed by work so i didn't get a chance to snag one, but I saw a few people post pictures on Facebook.

Qwyjibo

Seriously? Is there any way to check the code before you redeem it? I would rather sell my code.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/amazon-ca-playstation-4-last-us-bundle-339-00-smokin-hot-1558039/38/

Some people are saying Amazon is giving them 20% off if their code isn't working which would make this deal even more insanely good. I actually hope that my code isn't working if/when I get mine if that is going to be an option.

I'm going to assume that there is no way to know for sure if the code works or not unless you try it.

Some people are saying Amazon is giving them 20% off if their code isn't working which would make this deal even more insanely good. I actually hope that my code isn't working if/when I get mine if that is going to be an option.

I'm going to assume that there is no way to know for sure if the code works or not unless you try it.

Crap, when you put it this way I hope my code is dead and buried as well. Holy shit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/amazon-ca-playstation-4-last-us-bundle-339-00-smokin-hot-1558039/38/

Welp, this is pretty worrying.

Would definitely rather the 20% off.

A couple Shoppers Drug Marts in my city (London) had Smash for sale today apparently. I was gone literally all day at school followed by work so i didn't get a chance to snag one, but I saw a few people post pictures on Facebook.

Damn, really? I might need to check the Shoppers by my house, then. How is their return policy? I assume there will be no hassle if I buy a copy at Shoppers and return my FS copy when it comes, is this correct?

Damn, really? I might need to check the Shoppers by my house, then. How is their return policy? I assume there will be no hassle if I buy a copy at Shoppers and return my FS copy when it comes, is this correct?

I doubt there would be any hassle. Pretty much anywhere lets you return games without a receipt as long as it's unopened. A product has the same UPC everywhere so you should be good.

I doubt there would be any hassle. Pretty much anywhere lets you return games without a receipt as long as it's unopened. A product has the same UPC everywhere so you should be good.

Alright, thanks. My FS copy hasn't shipped yet, so I will be sure to check my local Shoppers later. They don't generally have that great of a video game section (behind a counter, or at least it used to be) so I doubt they will have it. There is another one not too far from my house that has a bigger selection, so I might try there, too.

i-Jest

Did anyone get their P4AU shipped from BB yet?

Mine hasn't shipped yet and my order has been charged for the full amount instead of just P4AU.

Mines is suppose to come on the 2nd of October.

EDIT:

For anyone who's looking for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax with preordered goodies: https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=21684

Jak and Daxter HD collection $9.99: https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=19574

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles $19.99: https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=21161

VGP up to 60% off sale https://www.videogamesplus.ca/specials.php

iphys

Lame, when I got those shipping notices from BB and FS, I thought they had actually shipped my copies of Smash, but the tracking info just shows that shipping labels were created 2 days ago and that the packages haven't actually been picked up by Canada Post. I guess they just want to create the appearance that they're actively trying to ship us the games so we'll blame Canada Post, when the reality is they're going to hold off on giving the packages to Canada Post too late for us to have a hope of getting them in time.

Sora_N

I'm fairly certain I will get it on Friday but I wanted it a day early lol. If I don't get them on Friday I'm gonna call to complain.

I'm fairly certain I will get it on Friday but I wanted it a day early lol. If I don't get them on Friday I'm gonna call to complain.

Did that ever do anything ? Do they guarantee day 1 delivery? Not sure I would have fell like calling them for the last 40 games I got late anyway...

RaidenXZ

I know this is entirely unrelated, but is anyone from Ontario going to the Smash Bros midnight launch at Vaughan Mills mall tonight? They're apparently hosting a melee tournament before midnight :p

Apparently I went on the PSN store on my PS4 and there's another spending event:

Buy $100 bucks get $15 bucks back

http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/en-ca/store-credit

Coupled with the Target deal on PSN cards. Awesome savings.

Shipping note: My Amazon copies of Smash 3DS hasn't shipped yet even though they said it'll be arriving on Friday.

I got Driveclub and Mordor whatever and no message or email last night saying I get $15 back

Returners

I got Driveclub and Mordor whatever and no message or email last night saying I get $15 back

Read the link. It says you get the credit on November 7th. Also you need to make sure you bought them after the promotion started.

And... Do we need to post deals every time we talk about shipping now? :D

Apparently I went on the PSN store on my PS4 and there's another spending event:

Buy $100 bucks get $15 bucks back

http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/en-ca/store-credit

Coupled with the Target deal on PSN cards. Awesome savings.

Shipping note: My Amazon copies of Smash 3DS hasn't shipped yet even though they said it'll be arriving on Friday.

Bah. Wish I had waited on that DriveClub preorder.

Hopefully GTAV goes up by the end of the month. I may do that and BloodBorne. If ProjectCars goes up, all the better.

Mupod

Saw the Asus Strix GTX970 was in stock at Canada Computers, put in my order and grabbed it after work. Got home, went to cancel my two week old NCIX preorder that wasn't going anywhere...and of course in the 45 minutes I was on the road, that was when my order had decided to go through.

Thoughts of SLI aside I did find a solution - my brother in law is abandoning console gaming and is gonna trade me his PS4 + his games + a bit of extra cash for it. Pretty good deal and I'm glad it worked out since otherwise he'd be waiting a month or more for one of these cards (the strix was the one he wanted). And I was going to buy the PS4 anyways.

zroid

Banned
Uh well I'm shocked. Amazon shipped Smash to me before Best Buy.

Item Subtotal: CDN$ 38.24
Shipping and handling: CDN$ 0.00
Promotion applied: -CDN$ 5.74
*Promotion Applied: -CDN$ 6.89
Tax Calculated (GST/HST): CDN$ 3.33
Tax Calculated (PST/QST): CDN$ 0.00
Total: CDN$ 28.94

Thanks Amazon :3

kennah

If anyone in Winnipeg ordered an extra Smash for a preorder discount and was just going to return it, let me know, I'll take it off your hands

Entropia

No One Remembers
It's going to be virtually impossible to find a GTX 970 for awhile, isn't it? Looking at getting the Gigabyte or MSI one.

Uh well I'm shocked. Amazon shipped Smash to me before Best Buy.

Thanks Amazon :3

Yeah I saw this on my bank statement this morning.

When I took advantage of Amazon's messed up E3 deal at like fucking 8AM in the morning I really didn't think the discounts would go THIS far. I feel bad now for removing Destiny and Drive Club, one of which I bought already and the other of which I will most likely buy.

It's going to be virtually impossible to find a GTX 970 for awhile, isn't it? Looking at getting the Gigabyte or MSI one.

I checked some Canada Computers here in Toronto, namely the Yonge & Eglinton and Spadina & College ones and the guys said not to expect it for a good while. I feel like part of that is because if you don't order it within the first 2 hours after they're announced, you're not going to get them for a while.

Top Bottom