• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

khaaan

We don't get any pre-order goodies for Tales of Hearts R do we?
Since it's only a single retailer I wouldn't be surprised.

Edit: $45?? D:
I wonder how much it'll be on PSN.

Shoppers has Smash Wii U in their upcoming flyer so they are pretty clueless about game release dates haha. Though I remember they refused to sell the M&L 3DS XL early even though they had it in stock...

DaBoss

I need to learn the controls for Smash, I was just button mashing in the demo lol

I've played GameCube Smash Bros, thats it!
If you wait at the title screen (this works in the demo as well), it will play a "how to play" video showing you the basic controls.

Any deals for Evil Within? Thinking of buying it off PSN (62.99 at the moment) but wondering if there are any other deals for physical...

I've had that exact printer for the past 3 years and really love it. I'm a writer, so I print a ton of shit.

The only downsides I can think of is it can't double-side print if the paper has 3 holes punched in it, and it makes noise (and a weird inky smell) when it prints that lasts for about 10-15 minutes.

But other than that, the printing, scanning, wireless... all works flawlessly. Had to change the toner cartridge once in 3 years.

You think it'll get cheaper this year? Cause I returned my E3 $50 copy waiting for a better deal since I knew I wasn't gonna play it at the time anyway!

I don't know buddy, it could but I doubt so. Then again, if not now, the same price will be back probably either on Black Friday or Boxing Day if not cheaper and you want to hold back for a little while.

Or if the price stays the same for ThanksGiving Canada, you can order then probably for an additional 10% savings which Future Shop usually does.

mdubs

Banned
Well my PS4 came today and unsurprisingly, the code didn't work as many on RFD experienced. Wasn't able to get 20% back but after a little bit of persistence and politeness, I was able to get $56.50 back (unclear whether they'll be sending me a new code or not). But 326.57 tax included for a PS4 is a sweet deal!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Well my PS4 came today and unsurprisingly, the code didn't work as many on RFD experienced. Wasn't able to get 20% back but after a little bit of persistence and politeness, I was able to get $56.50 back (unclear whether they'll be sending me a new code or not). But 326.57 tax included for a PS4 is a sweet deal!
What's done is done, but some people over at RFD either contacted another CSR or mentioned that others were getting 20% back to get the full 20% back. Seems like some CSR will suggest 15% and others will 20%.

mdubs

Banned
What's done is done, but some people over at RFD either contacted another CSR or mentioned that others were getting 20% back to get the full 20% back. Seems like some CSR will suggest 15% and others will 20%.

Yes I was on my second CSR and barely got this as they were initially offering nothing, then 10% before I asked for $55. Don't really mind not pushing overly hard on it, the initial deal was already so good

Got this from BB:

jjesMO0.jpg

ohlawd

Five games at full price for a $70 gift card. dey cray.

Only planning on getting Halo: MCC day one. Maybe Sunset Overdrive if I come across some extra cash. $20 or lolno for the rest of those.

iLLmAtlc

I was afraid of shit like this. Any signs of resealing?

Entropia

No One Remembers
I checked some Canada Computers here in Toronto, namely the Yonge & Eglinton and Spadina & College ones and the guys said not to expect it for a good while. I feel like part of that is because if you don't order it within the first 2 hours after they're announced, you're not going to get them for a while.

Looks like they just got back in stock on NewEgg. But, I think I am going to hold off for now.

Past

How does this make any sense?! Tracking is all out of order!
W82lDeJ.png

I want my Smash! The expected delivery was initially the 3rd too, then it changed to the 6th.

zroid

Banned
W82lDeJ.png

I want my Smash! The expected delivery was initially the 3rd too, then it changed to the 6th.

CP is weird like that. It should still arrive tomorrow, I wouldn't worry.

W82lDeJ.png

Same thing here.

2014/10/03 00:08 MISSISSAUGA Item picked up by Canada Post
2014/10/02 23:20 MISSISSAUGA Electronic information submitted by shipper.
22:21 MISSISSAUGA Item processed
21:26 MISSISSAUGA In transit
18:34 MISSISSAUGA Item processed

(For some reason my screenshot program got deleted...)

It originally said the 3rd and now the 6th. This usually happens with Canada Post, and by the time I wake up in the morning, it usually is corrected. But if not, I guess I will have to go buy a copy and return this one.

Sealtest

Just happened to mine as well...and I paid for release day shipping so this better be tracking error.

My amazon tracker still shows it like it used 2 be.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I only got electronic information submitted by shipper at midnight.....

Oh god I think that's also what happened with Destiny. Got excited but now this probably means Ill get it Monday. :(

FS has really gone to shit :(

$44.99. Of course it is. Sigh. Starting to wonder if I should just get this digitally instead.

I'm getting it digitally. I just love the idea of carrying the vita and having everything on it. The only cart I own is P4G and that will stay in my vita forever!

Still need to decide if I want this. It's Tales and it's on Vita, but I've read it kinda sucks. I'll go watch some gameplay videos.

Most people told me Abyss was awful yet it's my favourite Tales game and cast. I'm playing Xillia 2 now so i know Hearts R will be a step back in almost every way.

Ventara

Most people told me Abyss was awful yet it's my favourite Tales game and cast. I'm playing Xillia 2 now so i know Hearts R will be a step back in almost every way.

Duly noted. I definitely agree that one should probably look at both sides of the coin and try to form their own opinion from gameplay videos.

But who told you Abyss was awful? All I've heard of it are good things, many of which say it's their favourite Tales game.

Drats, Smash won't be here tomorrow

I've waited 2 years, I can wait another weekend

Might as well ask this here........anyone know any store in the GTA that has Rocket Raccoon Funko Pop! in stock?

Edit - Oh, I see CP does have things out of order like the rest of you, all our games were on the same truck!

W82lDeJ.png

The last time I had the tracking out of order, the package was moved to the wrong delivery facility, causing a delay with the delivery, but that was with something out of the country. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about for you.

Sora_N

Both my BB and FS orders were processed in Richmond so I'll get them tomorrow for sure but I won't be home all day, so I'm gonna grab myself a copy in store in the afternoon first.

Duly noted. I definitely agree that one should probably look at both sides of the coin and try to form their own opinion from gameplay videos.

But who told you Abyss was awful? All I've heard of it are good things, many of which say it's their favourite Tales game.

OTs on GAF. Most often towards Luke and revisiting places.

Both my BB and FS orders were processed in Richmond so I'll get them tomorrow for sure but I won't be home all day, so I'm gonna grab myself a copy in store in the afternoon first.

Mine has been processed in Calgary as well so it should be here tomorrow morning!

Feel free to add me (PSN: TaggSte) although I won't be playing until the weekend.

Added you, thnx

Five games at full price for a $70 gift card. dey cray.

Only planning on getting Halo: MCC day one. Maybe Sunset Overdrive if I come across some extra cash. $20 or lolno for the rest of those.

Yeah I know it's not the most amazing deal but if someone wanna buy five games of these he will be getting 20% rebate which isn't bad if you missed E3!

BadWolf

Stuff came up so ended up canceling the PS4 order. Hope there are deals some time next year around when Bloodborne or MGSV come out.

Huh, my delivery date for Smash got changed to 2014/10/06 on Canada Post just like some of you other guys. And it still says "In Transit" instead of "Out for Delivery".

Come on am I really going to have to run down to futureshop, buy it, and do a return on Monday?

zroid

Banned
Huh, my delivery date for Smash got changed to 2014/10/06 on Canada Post just like some of you other guys. And it still says "In Transit" instead of "Out for Delivery".

Come on am I really going to have to run down to futureshop, buy it, and do a return on Monday?

if it was processed at a local delivery facility, you're gonna get it today. if not... RIP

Top Bottom