• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

antibolo

Banned
Has amazon.ca completely given up on offering guaranteed launch day delivery? I have 4 games on pre-order right now and only one of them has the "want it at launch day? select two day shipping" tag. And one of those that don't have it is Bayonetta 2. Now I can understand not being able to guarantee delivery on niche games from small publishers, but a first party Nintendo game?? Unacceptable.

RAL_Palladion

Neo Member
Yeah, why not? I think the cancel button is disabled. Give them a call or email and they will cancel the item for you.

yeah you can do that. I just tried out both PQ and OR and I got 27 and 13.5 bucks off respectively.

uhh holy shit I should do this too. I still have my 80 dollar preorder but this is way better. Dumb question, I can return CEs just fine, right?

Alright thanks guys! Since I'm on a tight budget so this helps a lot.

Edit: Nevermind it looks like I didn't get Persona Q CE in time. Out of stock now :/
Good thing I didn't cancel my preorder yet lol.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I guess I preordered Pokemon Sapphire Alpha and Monster Hunter 4. 30% off was too tempting for me, I guess I can always cancel later if need be.

Are these games getting good impressions? I am a fan of both series but know NOTHING about these specific entries. I did like the original Sapphire so that's a plus.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Anyone pick up The Evil Within, and if you did, was there a slip cover? About to go pick up my copy and I want to know if I should bring any tissues :eek:

Edit: It's a slip cover :D!

Sealtest

Anyone else preorder playstation tv from amazon? I'm being told a 2-3 week wait even with priority and i've had mine ordered since early august.

antibolo

Banned
I've now completely given up on pre-ordering anything from amazon.ca. They are a fucking joke, I've been burned by them too many times now.

Most of my business will go to videogamesplus.ca for now on.

Tapejara

Has amazon.ca completely given up on offering guaranteed launch day delivery? I have 4 games on pre-order right now and only one of them has the "want it at launch day? select two day shipping" tag. And one of those that don't have it is Bayonetta 2. Now I can understand not being able to guarantee delivery on niche games from small publishers, but a first party Nintendo game?? Unacceptable.

I've now completely given up on pre-ordering anything from amazon.ca. They are a fucking joke, I've been burned by them too many times now.

Most of my business will go to videogamesplus.ca for now on.

I've noticed more of the niche games don't have release day shipping. I had/have release day shipping on games from big publishers (Destiny, The Evil Within, Captain Toad) but stuff like Senran Kagura has a week delay. If it weren't for Amazon's E3 deal or the tendency to randomly mark down pre-orders, I'd probably just stick to ordering from EB.

ohlawd

^ must be related to Shinovi Versus.

delivery estimates between Oct 23rd and 29th for me. How about the rest of you? October and November are jam packed with classics so I don't have time to waste on this crap. But hey, paying 29 bucks since I have some credit that have been wasting away. No complaints from me >_>

daftstar

Anyone know where I can get a good deal for the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection? Amazon has it for $45. Is that the lowest price I can find it at (non-used)?

I beat the first MGS last night and loved it. Bout time I get into this series.

Hit them up on online chat or call/email to complain. For Smash, my expected delivery date was almost 2 weeks after release so I started a chat session with:

"I pre-ordered Smash but see that the expected delivery date is almost 2 weeks later. I thought the reason for pre-ordering was to secure an item to be shipped at/or arrive on the release date?"

They responded with some spiel about how their shipping is free because they do things in a cost-efficient (i.e. slow) way but as a one-time-exception they'll upgrade my shipping speed. I got it the next day. You could also threaten to take your business elsewhere ("I can walk into a store and buy it").

Sealtest

well it looks like amazon updated my delivery estimate to friday 17th for playstation tv, I have never seen my delivery estimate update without contacting support.

antibolo

Banned
Hit them up on online chat or call/email to complain. For Smash, my expected delivery date was almost 2 weeks after release so I started a chat session with:

"I pre-ordered Smash but see that the expected delivery date is almost 2 weeks later. I thought the reason for pre-ordering was to secure an item to be shipped at/or arrive on the release date?"

They responded with some spiel about how their shipping is free because they do things in a cost-efficient (i.e. slow) way but as a one-time-exception they'll upgrade my shipping speed. I got it the next day. You could also threaten to take your business elsewhere ("I can walk into a store and buy it").

Upgrading shipping speed changes nothing if the game is still not in stock after launch. It's not the first time I complain to them about it, and now I'm fed up. I've already cancelled all my pre-orders with them that don't already have launch day delivery guarantee locked.

Lexxism

Yeah but I just noticed that I didn't check the "email marketing" thing yet I was able to received megastone code via trainer club. Weird. I guess I'll check this one again to make sure.

Can someone give me some feedback on amazon express shipping? I have Bayo pre-ordered and the game is supposed to be released on Friday, can I expect to receive it next Monday or I will have to add some extra business days to the waiting time? (my current est. date is 29th btw)

ohlawd

Can someone give me some feedback on amazon express shipping? I have Bayo pre-ordered and the game is supposed to be released on Friday, can I expect to receive it next Monday or I will have to add some extra business days to the waiting time? (my current est. date is 29th btw)

Expect the worst.

Just do the return trick for BB/FS. I don't know about you but me not getting that game on Friday will straight up destroy my soul.

Has anyone in Vancouver been receiving their Amazon games from some company called Dynamex? It's happened twice to me now, and it's annoying as hell. They're a courier service, so they don't drop it off anywhere if you're at work when they deliver (which I am of course), so I need to call them each time to get them to deliver the next day after a certain time, and make sure I'm home.

I don't know why or when Amazon started using this company, but it's the worst.

Has anyone in Vancouver been receiving their Amazon games from some company called Dynamex? It's happened twice to me now, and it's annoying as hell. They're a courier service, so they don't drop it off anywhere if you're at work when they deliver (which I am of course), so I need to call them each time to get them to deliver the next day after a certain time, and make sure I'm home.

I'm still getting my Amazon orders through Canada Post, I suspect this company might be cheaper for local deliveries since you have a warehouse in the same city, only reason I can think of!

I got my Smash from them, but that was the upgraded overnight copy so maybe they're still using CP for regular deliveries?

Also I had it shipped to my work.

mdubs

Banned

I've had them deliver on release day for items not listed as release date delivery (so delivery estimate showed more than a week later) but I'm in the GTA

MarkusRJR

Heads up: The demo will be available via Trainer Club newsletter. So, if you haven't subscribe, it is time to do so to get the demo. It will be available by October 21st.
Awesome, hopefully I end up getting a code.

Also, how do you get the Gamestop promos in Canada (like, for Pokémon and such)? During the DS Pokémon games you just had to go to mystery gifts once you were near an EB Games. The website mentions to get the Shiny Gengar you need to go and ask for a download card at Gamestop. Do they carry them at every EB Games (since they're owned by GS), or I will I look like a complete idiot if I go up to the cashier and ask for a Pokémon code?

Honestly the old solution they had was so much easier.

Sealtest

Awesome, hopefully I end up getting a code.

Also, how do you get the Gamestop promos in Canada (like, for Pokémon and such)? During the DS Pokémon games you just had to go to mystery gifts once you were near an EB Games. The website mentions to get the Shiny Gengar you need to go and ask for a download card at Gamestop. Do they carry them at every EB Games (since they're owned by GS), or I will I look like a complete idiot if I go up to the cashier and ask for a Pokémon code?

Honestly the old solution they had was so much easier.

Just go in and ask, If your un-sure call ahead of time because I went today and got into an argument because they said I had to preorder to get the code( you actually don't have 2)

zroid

Banned
Yeah pretty sure this code nonsense is a move initiated by GameStop because they realized the wireless distribution in-store wasn't actually getting people to come into the store. Which is the whole point.

Stage On

Yeah pretty sure this code nonsense is a move initiated by GameStop because they realized the wireless distribution in-store wasn't actually getting people to come into the store. Which is the whole point.

Lol not sure how effective it is as I walked into the store got my code then left with out buying anything at all.

stolin

Yeah but I just noticed that I didn't check the "email marketing" thing yet I was able to received megastone code via trainer club. Weird. I guess I'll check this one again to make sure.
Same, last email I received was in August and I never got the Mega Stone distribution last month.

I also still never got that trainer club letter either although the box is checked. I have an ongoing support ticket with them.

Yasumi

Banned
Senran Kagura still not shipping out yet from Amazon. Fuck it, I'll go pick one up from EB Games. It'll be $10 more, but someone mentioned that Amazon cancelled their order in the OT, and I'd rather not risk it.

Magnus

The Best Buy 3DS games sale: it's $10 off each game, or only off the final combined price?

Also, either way, that doesn't get Pokemon ORAS down to to $30....it's $45 MSRP.

What am I missing?

Top Bottom