• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Tapejara

Amazon telling me I'm ineligible for a price adjustment on Captain Toad. Replied back and further detailed the situation, so hopefully they'll make the adjustment.

Sealtest

Amazon telling me I'm ineligible for a price adjustment on Captain Toad. Replied back and further detailed the situation, so hopefully they'll make the adjustment.

I'm just gonna warn you, If you actually ask for these kind of price adjustments to many times they will send you an email telling you they will now on follow each one you do very closely and if you keep it up they will close your account.

I had this happened because of them messing up my Mordor,Call of duty and Batman e3 preorders ( which they apparently don't believe they even held a deal for e3 ).

Ventara

Damn, I missed the start of the FS sale. Pretty crazy that it's 60% off.

Question; is it 60% off one item per order? Only one item in my cart is getting the discount.

Remember it's only 3DS, Vita and WiiU games.

D'oh! I'm an idiot. Thanks for the help!

Edit: Darn, I really missed the boat on this one. Nothing left of particular value. On the bright side, I've been spending too much on games recently, so this probably a good thing.

Ventara

Speaking of Amazon, I just realized I have a second Bayonetta 2 copy on there. Supposed to be delivered sometime between Oct. 31 - Nov. 6, lol. Can I cancel it without affecting the discounts on the rest of the order.

Oh, and I noticed Captain Toad is $44.99 on my order. Should I call them up, or will they add the discount before release?

Lothars

Speaking of Amazon, I just realized I have a second Bayonetta 2 copy on there. Supposed to be delivered sometime between Oct. 31 - Nov. 6, lol. Can I cancel it without affecting the discounts on the rest of the order.

Oh, and I noticed Captain Toad is $44.99 on my order. Should I call them up, or will they add the discount before release?
I could call them up and how much are you getting your second copy of Bayonetta for?

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I have a Vita Slim that I've barely used and honestly, don't want.

If anyone wants to buy a Vita Slim let me know. I have the box and everything, minus the Borderlands 2 code. I'd be willing to sell the following for $220.

- Vita Slim (in box)
- Persona 4: The Golden
- Tearaway
- 64GB card
- Carrying pouch

PM if interested, Toronto Area. Otherwise, it's off to EBGames I guess since I really have no need for it, thought I'd ask here first.

Tapejara

Did the price drop on the game recently or something?

Nintendo revealed the official price as $44.99 which Amazon dropped it to. However this didn't include the 15% off that originally applied. Other people in this thread got it adjusted to a lower price.

I'm just gonna warn you, If you actually ask for these kind of price adjustments to many times they will send you an email telling you they will now on follow each one you do very closely and if you keep it up they will close your account.

I had this happened because of them messing up my Mordor,Call of duty and Batman e3 preorders ( which they apparently don't believe they even held a deal for e3 ).

Thanks for the heads up. This is the only time I've tried to get a price adjustment from Amazon, but I'll keep that in mind for future orders.

In any case, they replied back saying they still won't drop the price, so I'm done trying to get it adjusted.

Trying to find a 3DS XL in stock at a Shoppers here in Guelph is proving to be impossible. Allllll sold out. But apparently they get new shipments in on Tuesdays and Thursdays?

The sale price is so good ($130), plus my Optimum points I'd be looking at one for $70.

zroid

Banned
I know about goo gone (and related products) but I don't remove sticker gunk enough to justify getting something just for that. Lemon juice has worked pretty well for me. I might give olive oil a try though.

zroid

Banned
FS shipped both of the games I bought yesterday (same order), but they decided to put them in different shipments for some reason. Strange, that.

edit: mystery solved. one of the games is shipping from the Richmond warehouse.

Canon

Banned
Should I buy GTA V for PS4 at 70 bucks (and get the 15 dollar coupon on PSN), or do you think it will be on sale in a month or so?

Takao

Banned
Do we usually get deals for PSN/eShop cards for Black Friday or Boxing Day? I know Target had a sale not too long ago, but I forgot to buy them ...

Lexxism

Do we usually get deals for PSN/eShop cards for Black Friday or Boxing Day? I know Target had a sale not too long ago, but I forgot to buy them ...

No. We only had the PS+ sales from last year and it was on Boxing day. The Target prepaid card sales were the first time in a while.

xCobalt

How often does Shop.ca have preorders? Still have the $50 off $150 code but haven't seen anything worthwhile to spend it on. It expires at the end of this week and I'm hoping they'll put up Dragon Age for preorder.

No. We only had the PS+ sales from last year and it was on Boxing day. The Target prepaid card sales were the first time in a while.

Yup, before that I remember some EBGames and Walmart sales on XBLA/PSN cards, same as the 25% off Target sale, but that was years ago.

i-Jest

Should I buy GTA V for PS4 at 70 bucks (and get the 15 dollar coupon on PSN), or do you think it will be on sale in a month or so?

I'm sorry but no game is worth paying out the ass unless you REALLY want to have it. GTA games go down in value eventually. Just wait it out. As for the Sony PSN promo, it will come again.

Besides, it just doesn't feel worth it. Well, it doesn't from my point of view.

maneil99

Did anyone here pre order anything from that Source deal a few weeks back. In the case of Driveclub did they get it on launch? I pre ordered AW for PS4 for 49.99 and want to know if I'll get it on launch.

baconcow

Did anyone here pre order anything from that Source deal a few weeks back. In the case of Driveclub did they get it on launch? I pre ordered AW for PS4 for 49.99 and want to know if I'll get it on launch.

I received my $40 DRIVECLUB from them the Thursday after launch.

Apathy

Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I have a Vita Slim that I've barely used and honestly, don't want.

If anyone wants to buy a Vita Slim let me know. I have the box and everything, minus the Borderlands 2 code. I'd be willing to sell the following for $220.

- Vita Slim (in box)
- Persona 4: The Golden
- Tearaway
- 64GB card
- Carrying pouch

PM if interested, Toronto Area. Otherwise, it's off to EBGames I guess since I really have no need for it, thought I'd ask here first.

Willing to break up some of that stuff? If you are how much for the memory card?

Madness

going to be fun lemon juicing those awful FS used game stickers

Goo Gone. Been using it for years now. If you can ignore the overwhelming citrus smell it's so great at removing residue from stickers. A big problem is that it rum quickly and can get in anywhere.

I have crazy OCD, so after I use Goo Gone and it's all inside the cases, the sleeves, I then go to the sink, rinse it out with warm water and soap and then hang them open over the towel rack. One time I used a hair dryer and it warped/melted the plastic on the outside. But yeah, Goo Gone is the best thing to have if you hate residue on game cases, Blu-ray cases, basically anything. Gets gum out-of carpets, etc.

vulva

Two questions. Anyone know if Canada is getting the xbone temp price cut? And if so, if I ordered now off Amazon would I be able to price protect it if the sale started a week after?

Lexxism

Two questions. Anyone know if Canada is getting the xbone temp price cut? And if so, if I ordered now off Amazon would I be able to price protect it if the sale started a week after?

I doubt we will get the price cut especially that they didn't change the MSRP despite our low dollar. Amazon don't have price guarantee but you can always try contacting their CS for price adjustment. Remember, they is not guaranteed.

Top Bottom