• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

I bought an urban camouflage DualShock 4 today, by PMing the Source. It was a tough decision between it and white, though, as I decided quickly that the blue is too dark. So much so that I may even exchange it before the deal is done and get white.

I've never liked camo in the past, but this one is nice and the white is maybe just a bit too offwhite for my preference. The Xbox One camo controllers are also pretty cool. I can't stand camo pants, though.

(Sorry for the tangent/somewhat unnecessary-ness of this post.)

Dualshock 4 sales at The Source are now live! Just bought a white one.

Just got a blue one.

Got the Camo one :)

I'm getting the blue one as well and $40 for these is hot!

Anyone think there's a chance these might be cheaper on Black Friday or Boxing Day...?

I highly doubt it, not just this year but $40 for a brand new controller is a good price regardless.

I just won a code for $100 of an Xbox one on the Microsoft store from ebay. Paid $17 CAD for it so I'm saving $83 off an Xbox one. The basic SKU is sold out though. Maybe I should buy the AC bundle and sell both codes? I buy my multiplats on PS4.

I'm surprised they don't have the Sunset Overdrive bundle anymore. Why don't you wait it out and see if its restocked?

Is the only place to get an unlocked iPhone 6 the Apple Store?

I picked up a 16GB Plus, but I need to return it and get a 64GB model. Looks like I may need to order it online and wait a month for it, though. =\

I'm in the same boat as you, got the iPhone 6 Plus and I need a 64GB instead of the 16.

My Advanced Warfare from Amazon still hasn't changed status from an estimated Nov 13th ship date. What the hell?

I normally don't mind waiting a bit, but now I've missed out on double XP and I'm starting to get concerned they might send me the standard edition and I wanted the other extras in the Day Zero.

I don't know if it's worth my time to email them to complain either since I used free shipping (since I live in TO and shipping speeds are no problem) and they'll probably just tell me I should have used Prime or something.

I still have 4 more games pre-ordered there too. Lesson learned I guess. BB or FS next time for pre-orders that are time sensitive.

Honestly, Amazon is shit. My Sunset Overdrive game still hasn't shipped and that's messed up. I might just end up canceling my entire order and stick with the BB/FS from now on.

I don't think I will receive my COD for another two weeks.

Takuan

Re: the weird Amazon ship dates, I'd chat up with CS and inquire. They should correct it to ship sooner than the projected release date (in my case, next business day).

Banned
I'm getting the blue one as well and $40 for these is hot!

I highly doubt it, not just this year but $40 for a brand new controller is a good price regardless.

I'm surprised they don't have the Sunset Overdrive bundle anymore. Why don't you wait it out and see if its restocked?

I'm in the same boat as you, got the iPhone 6 Plus and I need a 64GB instead of the 16.

Honestly, Amazon is shit. My Sunset Overdrive game still hasn't shipped and that's messed up. I might just end up canceling my entire order and stick with the BB/FS from now on.

I hate digital codes and can't stand white consoles. Gimme black or give me death :)

I hate black buttons and trackpads on white shells. I prefer white or translucent like the white wii remote or white ps vita.

Cake Boss

Banned
So I called a MS store rep that's located in Toronto, he said I cans ship my used X360 and will get a coupon or code sent back to you for the $100 off the One, but the process takes between 4-6 weeks to get your code/coupon.

I went to Ebgames and they said they are honoring the $369 drop on the basic model (Not sunset overdrive). He said he will take my 4gb X360 S model for about $55.

So I am just gonna do that.

What the hell, didn't that come out last week? That's crazy! Have you contacted them?

Re: the weird Amazon ship dates, I'd chat up with CS and inquire. They should correct it to ship sooner than the projected release date (in my case, next business day).

I ended up tossing them an email because I didn't want to deal with the chat. Normally I don't mind waiting a bit and I try not to contact support unless I have to because I've heard so many horror stories of them flagging accounts, but a 2 week delay just has to be an error.

Takuan

I ended up tossing them an email because I didn't want to deal with the chat. Normally I don't mind waiting a bit and I try not to contact support unless I have to because I've heard so many horror stories of them flagging accounts, but a 2 week delay just has to be an error.

Didn't know about the account flagging. Noted for future reference!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
My Advanced Warfare from Amazon still hasn't changed status from an estimated Nov 13th ship date. What the hell?

I normally don't mind waiting a bit, but now I've missed out on double XP and I'm starting to get concerned they might send me the standard edition and I wanted the other extras in the Day Zero.

I don't know if it's worth my time to email them to complain either since I used free shipping (since I live in TO and shipping speeds are no problem) and they'll probably just tell me I should have used Prime or something.

I still have 4 more games pre-ordered there too. Lesson learned I guess. BB or FS next time for pre-orders that are time sensitive.

Amazon is terrible for preorders. I have the Wii U Gamecube adapter and a controller preordered from there(because BB/FS don't have it up for preorder online) and I'm fully expecting it to get to my house extremely late.

BB/FS, on the other hand, have always delivered preordered games on release day for me.

Didn't know about the account flagging. Noted for future reference!

I think it's mostly for people that try to get crazy price adjustments and stuff, but better safe than sorry.

I know Amazon.com has banned people for life for being serial returners and stuff. General rule of thumb I guess, don't cost them more money than you make them. I'm a big DVD/Blu-ray collector and couldn't live without them, so I tend to tread with caution.

Amazon is terrible for preorders. I have the Wii U Gamecube adapter and a controller preordered from there(because BB/FS don't have it up for preorder online) and I'm fully expecting it to get to my house extremely late.

BB/FS, on the other hand, have always delivered preordered games on release day for me.

I've even gotten a game or two before the release date from BB. I remember God of War: Ascension just showed up one day and I didn't even know it was coming out.

Firestorm

Dualshock 4 sales at The Source are now live! Just bought a white one.
Speaking of this, did anyone get their Wii U Pro Controller? I still have heard nothing on mine...
pretty disappointing that other online retailers aren't going to officially match MS's price on the XBO.
I really want one but I'll wait until I get something closer to the US price or software I want bundled with it.
I figured that the rumored price would be a MS store only special but I had my fingers cross either way.

I have $150 worth of BB gift cards that I want to use but so far they don't really have any notable specials yet.
Isn't it better if they don't so you get 10% of the difference off?

pr0cs

.Isn't it better if they don't so you get 10% of the difference off?

I don't understand.
I was hoping BB would offer one of the bundles (SO or AC) for $349 so I could use my gift cards.
I would consider paying 399 if I got SO or AC and another game.
neither choice seems possible at this point, not yet anyway.

I am pretty sure Amazon's "free super saver shipping" is really no different than they regular 2 day shipping other than they just hold the items a couple days before shipping them out. At least that's what I gather from reading about the Super saver shipping on their site. It's a joke.

Returners

I don't understand.
I was hoping BB would offer one of the bundles (SO or AC) for $349 so I could use my gift cards.
I would consider paying 399 if I got SO or AC and another game.
neither choice seems possible at this point, not yet anyway.

Firestorm's talking about price beating at FutureShop or Bestbuy.

Is it advertised on the canadian Microsoft website?

EDIT: I can't find it....

pr0cs

Firestorm's talking about price beating at FutureShop or Bestbuy.

Is it advertised on the canadian Microsoft website?

Ah, good point, I can probably do that as well I suppose.

edit: shit, it's OOS on Microsoft's Canadian website... dammit.

Tapejara

Jesus, in my eight-hour shift, only one person ever came in for Call of Duty. Does nobody give a shit any more?

The hype definitely isn't what it used to be. This the first year since MW2 that my local EB Games isn't doing a midnight launch.

Sony tends to really lack in creativity with its controller designs, as opposed to Microsoft who has really hit it out of the park (Tomb Raider 360, Titanfall, Call of Duty AW, etc.)

Jesus, in my eight-hour shift, only one person ever came in for Call of Duty. Does nobody give a shit any more?

I wonder if the whole Day Zero thing is confusing people.

I am pretty sure Amazon's "free super saver shipping" is really no different than they regular 2 day shipping other than they just hold the items a couple days before shipping them out. At least that's what I gather from reading about the Super saver shipping on their site. It's a joke.

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. There's no pattern to it at all. I've ordered stuff on a Sunday and had it in my hands on Tuesday.

And the big delays didn't really start until they introduced Prime. It's really annoying.

I hate digital codes and can't stand white consoles. Gimme black or give me death :)

I hate black buttons and trackpads on white shells. I prefer white or translucent like the white wii remote or white ps vita.

I hear ya, guess that goes by personal preference.

What the hell, didn't that come out last week? That's crazy! Have you contacted them?

I did and they said re about to ship on Friday and for some reason it still hasn't. I will contact them again sometime tonight and see how it goes.

I think the series have peaked out and we gonna see the downfall from now on, already happened with Ghosts.

Went to The Source at Square One, they were all completely out of DS4's. They must have only kept a couple. Went to the Walmart and picked up 2 white ones and was able to get them price matched after some arguing.

The lady at Walmart didn't want to give the price match initially, because the ad says 'DualShock 4 for PS4' and the DualShock 4 box says 'DualShock 4 for PS4, PS TV & PS Now'. I eventually got the manager to come in, who agreed with the lady but didn't give a crap and just matched the price for me. I just facepalm'd through the whole encounter.

PS: The white controller is beautiful. I love the dark contrasting buttons on the white, looks so good!!

DJ_Lae

PS: The white controller is beautiful. I love the dark contrasting buttons on the white, looks so good!!

I agree. I'm having a hard time resisting the urge to buy a second even though there's nothing co-op on the system that interests my daughter.

i1In8uBRBB4CG.jpg

I'm not completely sold on the grey at their bottom, though.

Anyone else having problems with Amazon shipping preorders super late? My Sunset Overdrive hasn't shipped yet and Advanced Warfare has an estimated delivery date three weeks from now.

Edit: Nvm, I see I'm not the only one with this issue.

djblue89

My copy of COD:AW has been out for delivery since 8:30 AM this morning and still nothing, what time does Canada Post close? I really want to play the game tonight!

NVM: Finally got it

Zing

Banned
I don't play modern shooters, but haven't there been several major FPS releases recently? Destiny, etc. Who has time for all that?

Jinto

Speaking of this, did anyone get their Wii U Pro Controller? I still have heard nothing on mine...Isn't it better if they don't so you get 10% of the difference off?

You should probably call the the Source about your controller. I called them regarding my game and controller a couple of days ago. They were able to find stores locally which had both items in stock.

Sora_N

Bought Swap Force on Saturday night, shipped yesterday and I got it at noon today. (Futureshop)

Love it when they ship from Richmond since I'm in Vancouver.

timnich

Does anyone know if any retailer will price match MS's deal on the Xbox One? I have alot of credit for Walmart and also have a 10% off coupon as well, would love to take advantage of that.

That image makes me want the white controller now that I bought urban camo. Argh.

Walmart pricematched for me without issue. The CSM didn't even ask what it was for when the rep asked her to approve it. The rep also looked at the ad and its listed colours, but still let the camo go through.

Will the white X1 controller be sold separately?

I agree. I'm having a hard time resisting the urge to buy a second even though there's nothing co-op on the system that interests my daughter.

i1In8uBRBB4CG.jpg

I'm not completely sold on the grey at their bottom, though.

I don't know if it's just me but that X1 white controller is an ace.

Can't wait to get my SO bundle.

Well it's officially out tomorrow. Like others have said, the whole "Day Zero" marketing is just confusing to the average consumer.

And of course the declining sales and lukewarm reviews for Ghosts probably drove off a lot of people.

Moltenix

As you guys know.

@ Target: B2G1

Not sure if there's anything I really want this year. E3 sale has me covered for most games I wanted.

I'm guessing Halo MCC and AC Unity would qualify when they come out on Tuesday. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see AC at $40-45 sometime during the holidays.

Dr.brain64

About the target deal b2g1, is it really all games or only $50 and up?? I'm thinking of getting the ps4 lego games.

It is nice to see deals like these here!

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Not sure if there's anything I really want this year. E3 sale has me covered for most games I wanted.

I'm guessing Halo MCC and AC Unity would qualify when they come out on Tuesday. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see AC at $40-45 sometime during the holidays.

Yeah, if these games are like 70$ its not really that much of a discount lol. I am happy with all the E3 pre-orders. I have things pre-orders till next holidays, Halo 5 and Uncharted haha

Anyone with best buy e3 preorders get Advanced Warfare today? I checked the tracking package and it says its been delivered but the location I sent it to still doesn't have it yet.

Does delivered mean it just reached the post office?

Anyone with best buy e3 preorders get Advanced Warfare today? I checked the tracking package and it says its been delivered but the location I sent it to still doesn't have it yet.

Does delivered mean it just reached the post office?

I got mine today, was delivered this morning!
Check your mailbox maybe they left a note for you to pick up from the post office!

RS4-

Well instead of buying the SO bundle, founded someone that sold me their week old ps4 with a bunch of games and extra pad for $500.

I blame wanting to sort of play CoD.

But I want Horizon 2 lol.

Thanks guys, I got London Drugs to pricematch The Source and picked up a white Dual Shock. I love this thread!

Yeah I personally would not have known about the DS4 deal, or the availability (or lack there of) of the $350 X1 in Canada.

Really appreciate it!

The DS4 deal alone saved me $50+, I was planning to get 2 of the white ones anyways.

Top Bottom