• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Went to MS store at Square One, they didn't have any of the SO bundles and asked me to come back during the week. I asked if the prices are $350, he said 'they haven't been updated, but I'll match it cause I know it's supposed to start Nov 2nd'

I still think MS Canada is not officially part of this $50 discount.

Went to MS store at Square One, they didn't have any of the SO bundles and asked me to come back during the week. I asked if the prices are $350, he said 'they haven't been updated, but I'll match it cause I know it's supposed to start Nov 2nd'

Haha MS Store is literally the only store we've heard from that are confirming this. If not them, we might be fucked

Well they gotta try to force/trick people into prime somehow.

Or I could just say fuck them and not pre-order anything from them after this.

Seriously. Even though I pay few dollars extra at FS or BB, I think it's worth it considering I've been getting release day shipping on most of my preorders.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/XBOX-ONE-500...1474723490?pt=Video_Games&hash=item1c48752ea2

$359

XBOX ONE 500GB SPECIAL EDITION SUNSET OVERDRIVE BUNDLE

eBay special, ships from Toronto, free shipping. This is a flash sale, so get in on there, expires in 22 hours, limited supply.

If anyone is concerned about the seller, I had no issues. Bought PS4 for $379 a few months back. Came within 3 days, from Canada Post and comes with a pre paid shipping label so you can send it back in 30 days.

Also keep in mind this seller may actually sell this bundle cheaper later on with another flash sale. I've seen it plenty of times with the PS4 sale.

Mayyhem

The bestbuy.ca site has an error every time I try and view my order details.

Can I return the e3 pre-ordered games without a receipt in store? With just maybe order number or something?

NYR

anyone know if CoD will arrive tomorrow if I only bought it today? or would it need an extra day to process and ship?

FutureShop by the way
I ordered mine a year ago. It will arrive tomorrow based on my tracking number but no way you'll get it tomorrow if you don't have a tracking number yet. I would buy in store and return the online copy.

spyguy

They didn't have any SO bundles at the MS store in Metrotown either. The guy did acknowledge the price cut and said basically that's the new price now. He also said the Xbox 360 trade deal goes to the end of this year.

I'm going to wait a bit longer and see if they come out with a MCC bundle.

farisr

Can I return the e3 pre-ordered games without a receipt in store? With just maybe order number or something?

I just came back from futureshop doing just that. Couldn't access my order details as it seems to be stuck in a state of "processing" for the last few months now. Contacted support, they said to just go into the store with the card I was buying with.

Took a little while longer than normal due to not having an actual receipt, but they can pull up the order info using the card and the game. Didn't even need my order number (even though I did write it down and bring it with me).

Should be the same for bestbuy.

nguyeken

Neo Member
If anybody wants the AC Unity bundle, Target Milton has the bundle out on its shelf a week and a half early.

9l4uiYd.jpg

nordique

Hi Canada-GAF

Update on my Microsoft store trip today

- 50$ Price drop is confirmed at the chinook Calgary location for all bundles.

- I saw a gentleman in front of me trade in his 360 (and a bunch of games) towards the Assassins Creed Bundle for 100$, in addition to getting the price drop

- They did not have the Sunset overdrive bundle, so I came back empty-handed. I am not sure if other stores will pick on as Best Buy, Target, Eb games did not cooperate in the price drop today.

Anyways, good luck to those who managed to snag it. I was tempted for get the Ass.Creed bundle but I will wait it out for the Sunset one, or wait until other retailers catch on with the price drop.

Tiktaalik

Im hearing at target the XB1 console bundles for SO will be $369.99, not $349.99.

not sure when exactly

Weird.. Price drop seems real, but when is this price drop happening?

Assuming the price drop is gonna happen in the next 30 days I guess I could just buy a SO bundle from Best Buy and use their "Lowest Price Guarantee" to adjust price if/when the price drop occurs.

Gritesh

Hi Canada-GAF

- I saw a gentleman in front of me trade in his 360 (and a bunch of games) towards the Assassins Creed Bundle for 100$, in addition to getting the price drop

- They did not have the Sunset overdrive bundle, so I came back empty-handed. I am not sure if other stores will pick on as Best Buy, Target, Eb games did not cooperate in the price drop today.

Anyways, good luck to those who managed to snag it. I was tempted for get the Ass.Creed bundle but I will wait it out for the Sunset one, or wait until other retailers catch on with the price drop.

Wanted to do this deal on the Sunset bundle today, called and confirmed no stock on the Sunset Bundle at either store in Edmonton.

Hi Canada-GAF

Really wanting that white one eh? Since you could easily sell both or one of the AC download codes and get SO and some profit.

nordique

Really wanting that white one eh? Since you could easily sell both or one of the AC download codes and get SO and some profit.

yeah, I'm not even interested in SO to be honest, I was planning to sell the code

I have no idea why I want the white Xbone :p it just looks pretty cool. I can wait, as I'm in no immediate rush . I may even sell my ps3 privately rather than trade it in for a little extra.

Gritesh

I want sunset overdrive for sure, would consider doing the trade in for the Ass Creed but I already have Black Flag on PS4 and not sure if that code would be worth anything and then I would have to buy Sunset overdrive for the full price of 70 bucks..

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/XBOX-ONE-500...1474723490?pt=Video_Games&hash=item1c48752ea2

$359

XBOX ONE 500GB SPECIAL EDITION SUNSET OVERDRIVE BUNDLE

eBay special, ships from Toronto, free shipping. This is a flash sale, so get in on there, expires in 22 hours, limited supply.

Here's another 10% off for one lucky fellow Canadian Gaffer (Quote to see):

This is a smoking hot deal. Someone take advantage of it already.

Yea you can. Just make sure you take the package you got the game in and the method of payment you used when you purchased and they will refund you. I've done it few times before.

If anybody wants the AC Unity bundle, Target Milton has the bundle out on its shelf a week and a half early.

9l4uiYd.jpg

That's hot. I wonder when you'll be able to download the game if someone were to get this.

ohlawd

yeah, I'm not even interested in SO to be honest, I was planning to sell the code

I have no idea why I want the white Xbone :p it just looks pretty cool. I can wait, as I'm in no immediate rush . I may even sell my ps3 privately rather than trade it in for a little extra.

SO is freaking amazing. I'm so glad I decided to not return the game.

Yaranaika

Sunset Overdrive looked boring when I watch the live streams, I don't blame you. But I bought it anyway and I can't stop playing it. It's definitely the best current gen game, aside from Nintendo's excellent Wii U effort.

Just jumped into Xbone with the AC bundle for $399 at BB (none at EB or FS). Also couldn't find a naked One for $369 at EB and didn't want the white box/no interest in sunset overdrive, so figured this was the best bet.

Also had to get a new computer monitor and FS had a 27" Samsung at $80 off so I grabbed that as well.

But good god what a frustrating experience. Both FS and BB had like 2 dudes on the floor of the entire store and everybody trying to get their attention. Eventually just had to get into line to even ask for help to get the monitor or the XBone bundle (employees didn't know it had come out and had no idea it was in stock even though it was listed on the website as in stock at only their store in the area). I get that maybe people try to steal or drop screens and shit in store but it should not take me 40 minutes to grab something that I found in my first minute in the store.

Madness

It's pretty obvious Microsoft Store is selling them for $349.99

It doesn't seem like other retailers are following them with the price drop though, so at best, you can price match to get the discount at other places. Just make sure you have some kind of proof in hand when going elsewhere. The lady at the MS Store had read it off her computer that there will be a $50 price drop on Nov 2nd onwards.

farisr

It's pretty obvious Microsoft Store is selling them for $349.99

It doesn't seem like other retailers are following them with the price drop though, so at best, you can price match to get the discount at other places. Just make sure you have some kind of proof in hand when going elsewhere. The lady at the MS Store had read it off her computer that there will be a $50 price drop on Nov 2nd onwards.

If only they'd update it online. The closest Microsoft store to me is like 40km away. The way things are looking now, looks like I might have to wait for a Black Friday or Boxing Day sale to get it cheaper than regular price. Really hope I'm wrong though.

Sealtest

Was able to get a price match on the source $39.99 dualshock 4 at walmart today.

They didn't seem to mind it started tmw, Got myself a camo one.

Top Bottom