• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Same here. Week 2 edition. I just sent them a pretty angry email about it. Once my current pre-orders are done, that's it for games on Amazon from me.

Same with me. The only reason I ordered these through Amazon instead of BB of FS was their pricing errors in the first bit of the E3 sale.

Also weird that so far I've had 3 shipments from this order. Madden was delivered a week and a day after release. Destiny/NHL was delivered 2 days after release and now the wait for CoD.

B-Dex

Craigslist in Vancouver is a nightmare for low ballers and completely unreasonable hagglers

I only sell Video games but I'm going to start selling some lego sets soon because I need the cash, hoping it goes smoothly

This is why you state in the ad and or emails before meeting that if they don't have the agreed amount or try to haggle down that you'll just leave. And seriously just leave if they give you shady creep vibes or some story about money.

Same with me. The only reason I ordered these through Amazon instead of BB of FS was their pricing errors in the first bit of the E3 sale.

Also weird that so far I've had 3 shipments from this order. Madden was delivered a week and a day after release. Destiny/NHL was delivered 2 days after release and now the wait for CoD.

God, that sounds annoying. 2 days I could live with, but the inconstancy and not updating dates in the Orders page is what's really getting to me. A week late is unacceptable, even with free shipping.

I still have Far Cry 4 in this order, and another with 3 2015 games. Far Cry has an estimate that matches the release date so hopefully that makes it. The other 3, who knows.

Anyway, I finally got them to update my shipping date and I've now got a delivery estimate for Friday. If it shows up Monday or later I'm going to be so pissed.

I still have Far Cry 4 in this order, and another with 3 2015 games. Far Cry has an estimate that matches the release date so hopefully that makes it. The other 3, who knows./QUOTE]

My Far Cry 4 has a delivery estimate of Nov 27th - Dec 3rd so I'm sure it'll take forever as well.

My COD did update to "shipping now" (but still hasn't actually shipped) sometime around lunch. Though I don't see that really that different from "preparing to ship".

Edit: Got shipping notice for CoD.

kasane

Ordering something fron madcatz and theyre asking me about shipping

First option is ab, bc or sk only

Second option is eastern only

Im in winnopeg ;-;

I'm on Student Prime and I'll probably upgrade to Prime cause muh video games. That extra... 7 bucks I think seems like a lot, but god damn same day delivery is REALLY awesomely convenient.

I wonder how they'll even ship these out though if they'll be here before 9PM. Certainly not Canada Post... Right? THE DRONE FUTURE IS HERE

Savitar

I absolutely hate how amazon.ca never ships things out until the day is done for new releases much of the time. It's such a pain.

Every other site and even amazon.com does better than that.

And yes Canada Post does not help.

I'm almost surprised it hasn't been covered by anyone that Amazon.ca has gotten so much worse in shipping. It's like a drastic change, i would normally get stuff in really good time, 100% of the time.

I absolutely hate how amazon.ca never ships things out until the day is done for new releases much of the time. It's such a pain.

Every other site and even amazon.com does better than that.

And yes Canada Post does not help.

Doesn't Amazon use UPS? I think that's what all my Amazon.ca orders usually get delivered by in Winnipeg.

stn

Amazon Canada is full of crap. Here's why. Let's say you order a DVD player that comes in a large box, okay? Let's also pretend that their free shipping says 7-10 business days. Given that its a large box they would HAVE to send it as a parcel. Parcel mail within Toronto, whether express post or expedited, usually takes 1-2 days at most. Amazon's warehouse is in Toronto.

So, what does that mean? They basically take your package, throw it in their warehouse, and let it sit there for 6 days. They used to be great with shipping, now they're just insulting my intelligence.

explodet

The only time Amazon ships games on time for me is when I expect it to be late so I buy a backup copy at FS/BB in order to return the Amazon copy to them, so I end up with two copies on release day.

antibolo

Banned
I'm almost surprised it hasn't been covered by anyone that Amazon.ca has gotten so much worse in shipping. It's like a drastic change, i would normally get stuff in really good time, 100% of the time.

Yeah they're just shit now. I've given up on them for pre-orders, as I've been burned multiple times by them sitting on my order for a whole fucking week before shipping it.

Takuan

Amazon Canada is full of crap. Here's why. Let's say you order a DVD player that comes in a large box, okay? Let's also pretend that their free shipping says 7-10 business days. Given that its a large box they would HAVE to send it as a parcel. Parcel mail within Toronto, whether express post or expedited, usually takes 1-2 days at most. Amazon's warehouse is in Toronto.

So, what does that mean? They basically take your package, throw it in their warehouse, and let it sit there for 6 days. They used to be great with shipping, now they're just insulting my intelligence.

In my experience, the free ground shipping delivery estimate is exactly that. I've never paid for shipping, and I've never waited more than 1-2 business days to receive any in-stock product at Amazon. Are you mad at the estimate, or have you actually waited 7-10 days for something that was listed as in-stock at the time of purchase? The post reads like the former, but if it's the latter that's understandable.

I'd only be really aggravated by Amazon's weird pre-order shipping dates if I was paying full price. At E3 pre-order prices (before they corrected site pricing), I really can't complain.

I was at Costco in Scarborough and COD:AW is $59.99 for PS4 and Xbox1.
Driveclub was $39.99.

Good deals.
The Gatineau Costco has the same pricing plus I saw NHL 15 and Destiny for $39 (only saw PS4 versions).

So if you buy a French version of these games, is there an option to switch to English?

Cheers

iphys

Is it bad that I wish it were coming out in summer instead of spring so I could get it for cheaper :(

I thought the same thing. Oh well, maybe it won't come out till late June, or I can find it at Shoppers, or else use all that 25% off eShop credit I stocked up on at Target.

zroid

Banned
I thought the same thing. Oh well, maybe it won't come out till late June, or I can find it at Shoppers, or else use all that 25% off eShop credit I stocked up on at Target.

hmm good point there is Shoppers... hopefully they get it at or near launch...

Megasoum

Banned
I love that there's no taxes on PSN purchases. Just bought GTA5 for 69.99 exactly.

Sure it sucks that the prices went up but without taxes, I end up with a similar price.

Vamphuntr

I've bought a PC case from Amazon.ca with free super saver shipping and I've received it less than 48 hours later and I'm in QC. I guess YMMV depending on what you order. They seem to have problems with games, especially niche games.

Maximus.

So I tried to trade in a game at a local Futureshop and Best Buy and they both informed me they don't accept game trades anymore. Has anyone else been rejected by them recently too?

JSR_Cube

So I tried to trade in a game at a local Futureshop and Best Buy and they both informed me they don't accept game trades anymore. Has anyone else been rejected by them recently too?

Maybe it is just that location. I traded in a game here in Ontario over the weekend.

Maximus.

Maybe it is just that location. I traded in a game here in Ontario over the weekend.

That's what I was thinking too. I was going to try a different location tomorrow, but it is weird if some locations have stopped offering the same service. I haven't traded a game in for a few months, would suck to lose them locally as a trade in option.

Top Bottom