• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

23qwerty

Does anyone know if you can get preorders with the Target b2g1 deal next week? Does Target even do preorders? Would like to get Smash for Wii U with that deal..

djblue89

am I the only one who does not have any issues with Amazon ? I get all my items shipped on Monday morning for a Tuesday release and I usually get them on the Tuesday.

Plus why preorder it for $45 when you can wait for the next e3 sale and then order it for just over $30

That too. But you know, since there's been shipping talk for a while here I thought I'd just point that out heh.

am I the only one who does not have any issues with Amazon ? I get all my items shipped on Monday morning for a Tuesday release and I usually get them on the Tuesday.

I honestly don't really get issues with Amazon unless it's a release day thing. Everything else I get in 2-4 days after my order (or at least an update if it's out of stock/other issue). Which is almost proof that they can do better.

Jinto

Just picked up the last white DS4 at The Source for $40. They also gave me a $25 off coupon valid from November 13-26 on anything over $100. I'm considering using that on the Sunset Overdrive Xbox One bundle. Not quite $350, but still a pretty good deal.

Luigi87

Does anyone know if you can get preorders with the Target b2g1 deal next week? Does Target even do preorders? Would like to get Smash for Wii U with that deal..

No you can't add pre-orders with the B2G1 deal.
Target does do pre-orders for select titles (at the moment only Pokemon ORAS, and SSB Wii U are eligible games. CoDAW was but it's out now, obviously). They're $1 pre-orders that if done, one receives a gift when buying the game (usually a $5 gift card).

Okay so I emailed Bestbuy a week ago to get Captain Toad adjusted to reflect the $44.99 MSRP and was ignored. Today I phoned and the rep I got didn't even understand what I was asking so I asked to speak to a supervisor. Supervisor at least knew about the E3 promotion and what I was asking and claimed their new preorder system will fix things automatically.

This is new. Assuming he wasn't full of it.

Thanks for looking into this; I came into this thread specifically to ask if anyone in this precise scenario had contacted Best Buy to get the price reduced with any success. If a price adjustment doesn't kick in soon it would make sense to cancel. But I would rather hold them to this:

Pre-Order Guarantee. Our Pre-Order Guarantee ensures that if the price of an item you pre-ordered drops before it ships, you will automatically be charged the lower price. It also ensures that if you pre-ordered your item at $49.99 and the price rises to $59.99, you still only pay $49.99.

The E3 pre-order discount complicates things, but in this scenario the $44.99 MSRP is even lower than the original discounted price. If their system behaves in accordance with policy a price correction should happen regardless. One could sit back and see whether or not the price correction accounts for the E3 deal, or one could always cancel. But ideally I would like the security of seeing the pre-order discount applied before I am billed.

23qwerty

No you can't add pre-orders with the B2G1 deal.
Target does do pre-orders for select titles (at the moment only Pokemon ORAS, and SSB Wii U are eligible games. CoDAW was but it's out now, obviously). They're $1 pre-orders that if done, one receives a gift when buying the game (usually a $5 gift card).

Hmmm alright well I'm looking to pick up a Wii U, so I figure it's not a bad idea to use the b2g1 deal as an excuse to actually get it. Probably get the Mario Kart bundle, then get Bayo 2, Mario 3D World, and Advanced Warfare for the PS4.

Firestorm

Thanks for looking into this; I came into this thread specifically to ask if anyone in this precise scenario had contacted Best Buy to get the price reduced with any success. If a price adjustment doesn't kick in soon it would make sense to cancel. But I would rather hold them to this:

The E3 pre-order discount complicates things, but in this scenario the $44.99 MSRP is even lower than the original discounted price. If their system behaves in accordance with policy a price correction should happen regardless. One could sit back and see whether or not the price correction accounts for the E3 deal, or one could always cancel. But ideally I would like the security of seeing the pre-order discount applied before I am billed.
If you pre-ordered it at over $44.99 you'll get it for $44.99. If you pre-ordered at a price lower than $44.99, you'll get it at the price you originally pre-ordered at. You won't get 33% off $44.99 though.

krae_man

If you pre-ordered it at over $44.99 you'll get it for $44.99. If you pre-ordered at a price lower than $44.99, you'll get it at the price you originally pre-ordered at. You won't get 33% off $44.99 though.

I was told we will. Then again I don't believe the guy.

jholmes

I've never had any issues with Amazon, just with UPS. The last time UPS sent something they bungled it pretty badly and I made sure Amazon knew about it, and since then it's only gone through Canada Post, and every one of those has been on release day (so far!)

sikkinixx

Are the stores in the holiday season returns mode yet? Like where anything you buy at future shop etc can be returned until January 2nd or whatever.

I want to wait until post Christmas to get a white Xbox but I'm a bit nervous they will be MIA by then. I'd gladly get it and hang onto it, unopened, until then. If there are crazy sales or whatever I'd just bring it back.

That too. But you know, since there's been shipping talk for a while here I thought I'd just point that out heh.

I honestly don't really get issues with Amazon unless it's a release day thing. Everything else I get in 2-4 days after my order (or at least an update if it's out of stock/other issue). Which is almost proof that they can do better.

I've never had any issues with Amazon, just with UPS. The last time UPS sent something they bungled it pretty badly and I made sure Amazon knew about it, and since then it's only gone through Canada Post, and every one of those has been on release day (so far!)

Well my Sunset Overdrive game for the Xbox One that I preordered during E3 and released last week, I'm yet to receive it.

Oh, I live in Montreal by the way and to my standards, that's quite horrible regardless of what shipping you have.

maneil99

Anyone get there MCC ship yet, also anyone get there 10$ (Or 15$) XBL card from MS Store Pre Order for sunset overdrive?

maneil99

Are the stores in the holiday season returns mode yet? Like where anything you buy at future shop etc can be returned until January 2nd or whatever.

I want to wait until post Christmas to get a white Xbox but I'm a bit nervous they will be MIA by then. I'd gladly get it and hang onto it, unopened, until then. If there are crazy sales or whatever I'd just bring it back.

You don't need to bring it back, they have a 30 day price drop guarantee

Target
Nov 14th-20th

- Buy GTA V or Far Cry 4 XB1/PS4 ($69.99 each) and get $10 giftcard

- Buy any PS4 console/Bundle get watch dogs free

-Buy any prepaid gaming card (psn+/xbl/eshop/ month subs) get another 20% off

Ondore

So $50 cards for $45 each effectively... maybe they'll screw up again?

(And maybe my local will actually bother to restock the Nintendo cards... they've been basically gone since September.)

djblue89

Well my Sunset Overdrive game for the Xbox One that I preordered during E3 and released last week, I'm yet to receive it.

Oh, I live in Montreal by the way and to my standards, that's quite horrible regardless of what shipping you have.

I got the free upgrade to express since I am a student prime member. I also live in Montreal and get everything on the Tuesday or Wednesday the latest, heck it said that I was going to get COD:AW only today originally, but I got it on Tuesday! I went into chat to complain about it and they gave me a 10$ gift card !!

sikkinixx

You don't need to bring it back, they have a 30 day price drop guarantee

Yeah but that would only take me until the start of December. I'd like the option to have until after Xmas to return it but I can't remember when they start the extended return policy. I'll have to pop in and ask.

explodet

Why does that matter? Can't you just buy a $50 card instead? What's the point of PS+ cards anyway?
Hey, don't knock it - you're more likely to get a discount on PS+ cards than you are with cash cards.

The only time I've added to my PS+ subscription is with discounted cards (Black Friday/Boxing Day).

Grimsen

For the Target deal, I'd recommend waiting a bit. The last one during the summer was 25% off, and you didn't have to buy one at full price first.

EDIT: For PSN anyway

Returners

For the Target deal, I'd recommend waiting a bit. The last one during the summer was 25% off, and you didn't have to buy one at full price first.

EDIT: For PSN anyway

Would this be the last sale for this year? This is sort of a new thing IIRC for Target.

zroid

Banned
I just picked up Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge. Saw it on the shelf at Best Buy marked down to $4.97.

I might have made a huge mistake

Top Bottom