• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Hyunkel6

I just saw a white ps4 bundle with destiny and cod advanced warfare for 479.99.

Is this a good deal?
It's an awesome deal if you like those games. I personally am not a fan of them, and would sell them online unopened while they are hot.

So, you will be looking at a ~$350 PS4 if you can sell them at a decent price.

It's an awesome deal if you like those games. I personally am not a fan of them, and would sell them online unopened while they are hot.

So, you will be looking at a ~$350 PS4 if you can sell them at a decent price.

Pretty much this, but I dont think you can sell Destiny at a good price at this point anymore, with COD you can probably get its retail price without tax, so $70, maybe $65 if you get hagglers.

I think it would be more realistic to say that the whole thing would be $420 after selling those games.

NoWayOut

I have a dilemma. Should I take advantage of the Amazon deal with PS4 TLOU bundle + free game (I would go with Bloodbourne) or wait and hope for a better deals in the coming weeks?

probably already know but if you have a red card add an extra 5% since it works on prepaid cards too.

ex 1st card. = 5% (redcard) off the full price highest $ card (eg. $50 XBL card)

2nd card = 20% (Deal) + 5% redcard off = 25% off the smaller amount gaming card (eg. $20 PSN card/ $35 Eshop card)

jholmes

I just picked up Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge. Saw it on the shelf at Best Buy marked down to $4.97.

I might have made a huge mistake

Wow, what platform?

I bought it for Wii U shortly after launch and it was tough and ridiculous but I had fun. I'd recommend it to anyone at $5.

koopas

probably already know but if you have a red card add an extra 5% since it works on prepaid cards too.

ex 1st card. = 5% (redcard) off the full price highest $ card (eg. $50 XBL card)

2nd card = 20% (Deal) + 5% redcard off = 25% off the smaller amount gaming card (eg. $20 PSN card/ $35 Eshop card)
Can you 100percent confirm red card works on prepaid cards? Just got mine yesterday and would love a little 5percent off eshop in my life.

Luigi87

Can you 100percent confirm red card works on prepaid cards? Just got mine yesterday and would love a little 5percent off eshop in my life.

Yes it does.
Red Card works on everything, except purchasing Target Gift Cards (the only non-prepaid currency card sold).

Hey guys,

So, I think I may be considering an Xbox One if that Dell Black Friday Deal is legit. Would this deal hold in Canada, or am I being overly optimistic about a $330 CAD X1?

No, and neither is UNIEL. Most Aksys games lately have been available only on VGP and I don't like dealing with them much. :(

EDIT: I was wrong, it is available but again only from VGP. :(

The Guilty Gear Xrd LE is now available on Amazon.ca... only thing is that it's missing this:
"The Backyard" - The outer box for the Limited Edition features a replica of "The Backyard" complete with gears and high-quality binding. Dare to open the book to uncover all the goodies (game included)!
from the description which is on the US site. Might have to contact amazon for some clarification.

stn

Its $369 at EB and Amazon, probably the lowest it'll go for a while. We weren't supposed to get the $349 deal at all, I don't even think it exists anymore.

I'm just hoping the X1 bundles get reduced top $369.99. I have some best buy reward zone credits/gift cards to burn. I don't know how limited SO bundle is.

Oh my. Just impulse bought the sunset bundle :)

Any suggestions on a) where to trade or sell a ps3 slim and b) where to buy forza 2 and halo mcc for better than $65-$70?

mdubs

Banned
Oh my. Just impulse bought the sunset bundle :)

Any suggestions on a) where to trade or sell a ps3 slim and b) where to buy forza 2 and halo mcc for better than $65-$70?

A. You should have traded your ps3 at the Microsoft store to get $100 off the Xbox One. Other than that don't sell it and buy Persona 5 for it when it comes out.

B. Use a shop.ca $20 off $50 coupon on each game for a pretty good deal.

Congrats on your purchase though, it's a great system.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
A. You should have traded your ps3 at the Microsoft store to get $100 off the Xbox One. Other than that don't sell it and buy Persona 5 for it when it comes out.

B. Use a shop.ca $20 off $50 coupon on each game for a pretty good deal.

Congrats on your purchase though, it's a great system.

Do the $20 off $50 ones get posted to Facebook?

I've only seen the $100 ones, but I'd get another Xbone controller for $20 off if they work.

Sora_N

How reliable is Shop.ca? I might get Smash from them but I rarely buy from online-only places. Mostly concerned about shipping times/methods.

Ventara

How reliable is Shop.ca? I might get Smash from them but I rarely buy from online-only places. Mostly concerned about shipping times/methods.

I haven't bought any new release games from them, but from the stuff I did buy, they all got to me in Toronto within a week, securely packed in a box and delivered UPS. This was a few months back though.

mdubs

Banned

Reliable, they use UPS and Solutions 2 Go (who is the distributor for video games to all Canadian stores) ships them out.

Yes the 20$ off 50 coupons are on facebook on their page.

The Guilty Gear Xrd LE is now available on Amazon.ca... only thing is that it's missing this:

from the description which is on the US site. Might have to contact amazon for some clarification.

I can't imagine they'll print two different LE boxes and packages, seems like too much effort. Then again french language laws.

Don't you work at Shoppers? Get Smash from there. Stock will be iffy, but if you buy it during a 20x/18500 for $75 promotion that's at least $20 back in points.

therapist

They ship to me faster than futureshop etc , i actually got a game on time from them , on release day. I was shocked.

Futureshop its always 1-2 days late. ALWAYS.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member

It is $10 more expensive though.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I ordered a white Dual Shock 4 on the Source website (PS4 controllers were all sold out at the stores around here...), and it will ship on... november 18. Ugh.

Guess it's better than not getting the deal at all, but I regret not buying one in-store the day it went on sale. :/

Yaranaika

There was a 25% off discount coupon in the Target flyer that included amiibos, but it expires in 1 week, before they are even released. I would have actually bought one.

Jblanks

I ordered a white Dual Shock 4 on the Source website (PS4 controllers were all sold out at the stores around here...), and it will ship on... november 18. Ugh.

Guess it's better than not getting the deal at all, but I regret not buying one in-store the day it went on sale. :/

I got mine 2 days after I ordered.

Top Bottom