• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

thinking about getting a samsung tablet this year, does anyone know if Samsung are coming out with any new editions this year or early next year i should be aware of?

might just get a standard 9-10" tab.

So found a Best Buy that accepted trades and they only would offer $25 for Hyrule Warriors. What a joke.

lol you're better off selling it on ebay

Madness

thinking about getting a samsung tablet this year, does anyone know if Samsung are coming out with any new editions this year or early next year i should be aware of?

might just get a standard 9-10" tab.

lol you're better off selling it on ebay

They'll already came out with two new tabs this year. The Galaxy Tab Pro and the Galaxy Tab S. The Tab Pro they discontinued and now sell the Tab S which is about 0.4" bigger and had an LED screen. I was able to get the Tab Pro as Target was clearing stock and I got it price matched at Future Shop for like $330 which was a steal.

As for next year, a bit early to say, but Samsung usually announces/releases their stuff around April/May/June and then again near September/October. Usually they announce some stuff at CES in January, or their events later.

Takao

Banned
Knowing GAF, this is probably old, but I might as well give a quasi-last minute head's up: there's a Pokemon event this Saturday in Toronto
http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/whatsnew/detail/xU9UVur5oyumhkrOurHk8_rxDTfUluQI
Join Nintendo of Canada at Bloor HotDocs Cinema in Toronto on November 8th from 11:00am to 2:30pm to celebrate all things Pokémon! Whether you are a fan of the games or the movies, everyone is invited to bring their friends and family to Canada’s Pokémon Video Game Event.

A free download code for a Special Demo Version of the Pokémon Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire games will be given to event guests to download and enjoy at home.

Other activities on-site include photos with Pikachu, Pokémon-themed face painting, Pokémon Art Academy demo stations, and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire demo stations. Bring your Nintendo 3DS or 2DS to StreetPass and SpotPass with other fans.

The first 650 guests will receive a free ticket to a showing of Pokémon the Movie: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction that will play from 2:30pm - 4:00pm after the main event. Arrive early if you are keen to watch the special screening as tickets will be given on a first come, first served basis.

When: November 8th – Main event: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Movie screening: 2:30pm – 4:00pm

Where: Bloor HotDocs Cinema at 506 Bloor St W, Toronto

Pretty close to me, but I'm a little outside of the target Pokemon demo, so I'm going to have to pass.

They'll already came out with two new tabs this year. The Galaxy Tab Pro and the Galaxy Tab S. The Tab Pro they discontinued and now sell the Tab S which is about 0.4" bigger and had an LED screen. I was able to get the Tab Pro as Target was clearing stock and I got it price matched at Future Shop for like $330 which was a steal.

As for next year, a bit early to say, but Samsung usually announces/releases their stuff around April/May/June and then again near September/October. Usually they announce some stuff at CES in January, or their events later.

cheers, ill grab a TAB S when i can.

zroid

Banned
B-but the streetpasses...

I got SO many StreetPasses at the XY event in Toronto last year. It was glorious.

Pretty much sat at the back of the amphitheatre and whistled through them for an hour like the biggest nerd among a gathering of nerds.

Oh lawd. RFD peeps at our target already.

Good luck guys lol

Just according to Target's plan, they will help them clean the isles.

I picked up Tropical Freeze, Kirby Triple Deluxe and Infamous SS, all for $107, selection was already pretty bad when I got there. Im glad I woke up early because Im sure it will be clean by my lunch break.

vvise

Has anyone here purchased their PS4 at shoppers on a 20x event? If so how'd it go? Can you share your experience?

From what I can work out it looks like it's going to be around $500 which is 5,000x20 = 100,000 points. That works out to $170 store credit or maybe more on bonus redemption days.

Am I missing something? That seems like an amazing deal. Pretty much a free Vita bundle.

zroid

Banned
Has anyone here purchased their PS4 at shoppers on a 20x event? If so how'd it go? Can you share your experience?

From what I can work out it looks like it's going to be around $500 which is 5,000x20 = 100,000 points. That works out to $170 store credit or maybe more on bonus redemption days.

Am I missing something? That seems like an amazing deal. Pretty much a free Vita bundle.

it's $450 no? that's 90000 points.

but yes it's a good deal if you are planning to make another big purchase from shoppers later.

EB games? FS/BB still has it for $35. They have this online simulator where you can check games TIV http://flip.futureshop.ca/bb/

Shit, FS/BB are taking it for $35? Damn, I might trade it in this weekend now. I am so fucking done with this game, and the fact that their 'expansions' seem incredibly sub par basically set me on selling it now.

Also have there been any GTA V special trade-in's toward the current-gen version so far? I'm kinda hoping for a situation like the Last of Us at EB Games where if you traded your last-gen version you could get the current-gen version at a significant discount

stn

Also have there been any GTA V special trade-in's toward the current-gen version so far? I'm kinda hoping for a situation like the Last of Us at EB Games where if you traded your last-gen version you could get the current-gen version at a significant discount
This weeks flyer for EB states that you get "double credit" if you trade the last-gen GTAV towards the new one. I checked TIVS and I *think* the current value is $11, so you'd get $22. Again, not sure if that's updated so you might want to call EB and ask.

Banned
Just came from target cloverdale and bought Lords of the Fallen, Fifa 15 and Shadows of Mordor for the B2G1 promotion! Now I just need an Xbox one deal lol.

Returners

Damn it the games I want from the target deal don't come till next Tuesday.

Can I buy 2 games + 1 I don't care about now and then exchange them later?

didn't see this posted yet.

went to the Source and Target today at Square One, Missisauga, saw the Kinectless One cut to 369.99

Have a pic of the Target price, will post when I get home.

FYI, for anyone wanting to get in to the Target deal, but worried about getting some of the good stuff, if you have any recent receipts from past purchases or anything, try to just double up on those purchases from Target, and use that receipt to exchange them for the games you want at whatever store you made the original purchase at.

This weeks flyer for EB states that you get "double credit" if you trade the last-gen GTAV towards the new one. I checked TIVS and I *think* the current value is $11, so you'd get $22. Again, not sure if that's updated so you might want to call EB and ask.

That is accurate, was there yesterday checking.

That is accurate, was there yesterday checking.

Ah damn. Well... Guess I'll just wait for the PC version then. I wasn't that deadset on the PS4 version anyway I just kinda wanted to get rid of my PS3 version of GTA V since I'm not gonna play it anymore, nor do I care much for it now cause of the current gen/PC versions.

Hey guys! I ddon't have a target near me, and won't be able to make it out to the closest one in time to snag anything good, but I thought I'd put this out there if anyone who is making use of the B2G1 deal and doesn't actually want three games.

If anyone is looking to make one or more of their games in the Target deal Forza Horizon 2 or Master Chief Collection, I'll paypal you $45 to mail them to me (in Vancouver).

That way you're still getting the equivalent deals, and might not need to grab a game you don't want.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
This isn't game related but is it worth switching over to Wind Mobile? I live in Mississauga (near square one) but I commute to work in Toronto, so signal shouldn't be a big deal. I hardly travel too.

I'm tried of Bell, I pay $75 a month for 500mb of data, 200 mins :/. Now I've started to pay $85 instead because it's cheaper to go over my data limit to get an extra 1GB than it is to switch plans.

I'd end up buying my own device anyway, because I'm done with buying a phone on contract at this point. I'd rather buy phones outright, just wondering about Wind Mobile's service.

This isn't game related but is it worth switching over to Wind Mobile? I live in Mississauga (near square one) but I commute to work in Toronto, so signal shouldn't be a big deal. I hardly travel too.

I'm tried of Bell, I pay $75 a month for 500mb of data, 200 mins :/. Now I've started to pay $85 instead because it's cheaper to go over my data limit to get an extra 1GB than it is to switch plans.

I'd end up buying my own device anyway, because I'm done with buying a phone on contract at this point. I'd rather buy phones outright, just wondering about Wind Mobile's service.

Jesus, that's an awful plan. I'd pull the old call retention and play "cancellation chicken" game before I switch though. I don't know what you can get, but you can absolutely get a better plan than that.

As for Wind, I've only heard awful things. The chart on the website might say it has the coverage you need, but I have a friend here in Vancouver that got it, and it's spotty as hell. Like, insanely spotty. And apparently they aren't even on 4G yet? I could be wrong about that, but unlimited data is kind of dumb if you can't stream very well.

I'd do everything in my power to get your current plan down before switching. I'm sure there are happy Wind customers, but you'd have to wonder that if everything about their business was great, and they could offer the prices they do, why aren't people switching over in droves?

NYR

Wow at people expecting the $399 bundles to be on sale. $369 is a stupid low price, great value if you don't like any of the bundled games.

Still enjoying my $399 White Xbox that came with Sunset, Destiny, and $60 in gift cards - gotta love the Microsoft Store, still the best deal in ages.

Joeku

At my Target today from 6 am to about an hour ago. TONS of people going crazy on the video game sale (and the goddamn toy one too, for that matter) but didn't seem like I got a single hoarder.

In fact, for the first time that I remember seeing, the signage actually says that only one copy of a title is allowed per person.

I was hoping to get Tropical Freeze. Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta, and maybe some 3DS games at Target, but I have a feeling the RFDers already got there.

HarryKS

You live in oneof the condos? Wind is excellent downtown. I assume you tske the go at cooksville. The region around square one and downtown gets good coverage.

You could perhaps check if your company offers a company plan.

Alright, made up my mind. This Target deal is good through the 14th right?

Think I'll wait until Tuesday and then pick up Lego Batman, Alien Isolation, and Bayonetta.

zroid

Banned
Alright, made up my mind. This Target deal is good through the 14th right?

Think I'll wait until Tuesday and then pick up Lego Batman, Alien Isolation, and Bayonetta.

Hope Bayonetta's still in stock for ya. I've been hearing that it was undershipped. And with the RFDers lurking about...

Ah, damn.

Well if it's not I'm sure I can find a suitable alternative. Maybe Sunset Overdrive.

And sorry but what's RFDers?

Red Flag Deals, they constantly abuse good deals.

They would greedily make $1 profit rather then leave something for someone else.

If you ever see a crazy deal that is too good to be true get fixed, its typically because instead of ordering one they ordered 10 to make a profit.

Red Flag Deals, they constantly abuse good deals.

They would greedily make $1 profit rather then leave something for someone else.

If you ever see a crazy deal that is too good to be true get fixed, its typically because instead of ordering one they ordered 10 to make a profit.

Damn, that's really shitty.

Top Bottom