• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

suikodan

Damn, Bestbuy sent me a notice saying that my payment method didn't work.

I'm using Paypal and got another online order there .

Should I worry? Should I give them a call?

Ryne

Damn, Bestbuy sent me a notice saying that my payment method didn't work.

I'm using Paypal and got another online order there .

Should I worry? Should I give them a call?

Check PayPal to see if your card was removed. I got a similar email and when I checked PayPal they removed my card. Apparently it's some bug going around.

B2G1 isn't a sale for RFD'ers, it's a sale for everyone else. How much money are you going to make reselling a game you bought for $50? $10? Hoarders target (heh) price errors, price-matches, and the occasional trade offer.

This sale is perfect for getting your Christmas shopping done early without having to fight the Black Friday crowds.

B2G1 isn't a sale for RFD'ers, it's a sale for everyone else. How much money are you going to make reselling a game you bought for $50? $10? Hoarders target (heh) price errors, price-matches, and the occasional trade offer.

This sale is perfect for getting your Christmas shopping done early without having to fight the Black Friday crowds.

Good thing Target is blocking hoarders from buying the same game 3 times, because I could totally see someone buying say 3 copies of a $70 game, and then reselling them for $65 each, making a not so bad $40 profit. Extrapolate that to 9 copies and it becomes $120.

For someone looking to buy a $70 game plus taxes ($79), buying it brand new for $65 on Kijiji or Craiglist flat would be a good deal.

-Deimos

Check PayPal to see if your card was removed. I got a similar email and when I checked PayPal they removed my card. Apparently it's some bug going around.
Just checked and my credit card is still there plus I have enough paypal balance for the purchase.

Anyone else get the email?

I exchanged my urban camo DS4 for a white one since the sale is still on. The camo one lost its appeal after I noticed some of the cheesy shapes on it (three to four shapes that look exactly like the DS4's silhouette).

Hyunkel6

Just checked and my credit card is still there plus I have enough paypal balance for the purchase.

Anyone else get the email?
I got the email, and I'm also paying via Paypal. I tried changing the payment method from Paypal to CC only, but am getting a server error. I sent them an email. They should be respond within 24 hours (according to the support page).

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Thanks to the Target 2 for 1, I got PS4 Advanced Warfare, Driveclub and Black Flag on the cheap. Some clowns bought up all the Diablo III copies about 40 minutes before I could get there.

-Deimos

I got the email, and I'm also paying via Paypal. I tried changing the payment method from Paypal to CC only, but am getting a server error. I sent them an email. They should be respond within 24 hours (according to the support page).

Looks like an issue affecting all paypal users then. Knowing BB, it's probably safe to ignore it...

Banned
Thanks to the Target 2 for 1, I got PS4 Advanced Warfare, Driveclub and Black Flag on the cheap. Some clowns bought up all the Diablo III copies about 40 minutes before I could get there.
*laughs while rolling in a pile of PS4 Diablo III copies*

I don't even play Diablo lol.

Dazzler

Classic RFD behaviour

dude will probably spend weeks trying to sell them for 10 bucks profit per game

MarkusRJR

Apparently my E3 order has payment issues and unless I change payment methods they'll cancel the order.

Not sure how that even happened. I have more than enough to pay for it and my PayPal account is in good standings.

EDIT: Looked above and it looks like everyone has the same issue. I don't have a credit card so am I boned?

Oneself

Got to a seeecret location Target and there was a huge amount of PS4/XBone games. I had nothing to buy but I was surprised to see how much there was left.

In other news, FS shipped my AC:Unity PS4 today so I might get it on monday... Too bad I'll probably take it back for a refund due to "parity".

Jinto

Checked out Target, but the only game I wanted was The Evil Within, so I didn't even bother. They did have like 50 copies of Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus on clearance for $14.99.

Edit: Majora's Mask 3D is available for pre-order on Amazon.ca. It's not very reliable, but they have the release date as June 30, which would make it eligible for the next E3 deals.

Pavillion

Welp, estimated delivery date for Halo and Assassin's Creed is Monday... but i'm in school that morning so they will leave the notice to pick it up the next day and canada post will be closed on Tuesday. Yay...

Ventara

Why does everyone hate on RFD so much? Hoarders can be found everywhere, not just there. Including here. Their discussion community is nice, and you can get some decent advice there.

My price error FC4 Kyrat Edition better be safe.

Are you from Quebec? If not, I have some bad news for you.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Metrotown Target had plenty of good games. Was tempted to grab FFXIV, MK9, and DmC but ended up getting vinyl records instead lol.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?

Those were the exact three games my cousin went for and all three were gone when she showed up. Nice haul though!

-Deimos

Why does everyone hate on RFD so much? Hoarders can be found everywhere, not just there. Including here. Their discussion community is nice, and you can get some decent advice there.

Are you from Quebec? If not, I have some bad news for you.

Lay it on me.

zroid

Banned
Edit: Majora's Mask 3D is available for pre-order on Amazon.ca. It's not very reliable, but they have the release date as June 30, which would make it eligible for the next E3 deals.

I assume that's just a placeholder based on the vague "Spring" release window. I mean I know June 30 is Summer, but it's the end of the last month of Spring so it makes sense.

I wonder if they might release it on the 4th anniversary of OoT3D's release date though, which is June 19.

Hilti92

I feel bad for you guys who live in the RFD hoarder cities. Halifax/Dartmouth, NS always has everything. I don't have $160 to spend on games but there's still lots!

kurahadol

I feel bad for you guys who live in the RFD hoarder cities. Halifax/Dartmouth, NS always has everything. I don't have $160 to spend on games but there's still lots!
Checking out Bayer's Lake tomorrow. Not really sure if there's anything I really want though heh.

Jinto

I assume that's just a placeholder based on the vague "Spring" release window. I mean I know June 30 is Summer, but it's the end of the last month of Spring so it makes sense.

I wonder if they might release it on the 4th anniversary of OoT3D's release date though, which is June 19.

Yeah, you might be right. June 30th falls on Tuesday, but the 19th falls on a Friday, which is in line with when Nintendo releases their games. Either way, I'm excited for this. I was hyped for the original too, but never ended up playing it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Brampton is like hoarder heaven, it fucking sucks. Everything gets cleaned out within hours of a deal going live. Thank god for online shopping.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Wasn't expecting a shipping notice for MCC on a Friday. Maybe if I'm lucky they'll deliver again on Sunday like they did last week. :O

Banned
571HBSl.jpg

I'm selling the AC game codes in the BST thread if anyone is interested.

I have a 14 day Xbox live gold trial that can't be added to existing live subscriptions, so if anybody doesn't have gold and wants 14 days of it, it's free to the first person who messages me.

Just left Guelph Target. Got two copies of Smash Bros (one for gf and one for me) and Fire Emblem. I just got a 3DS a couple weeks ago so I will find out what I'm getting into.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
571HBSl.jpg

I'm selling the AC game codes in the BST thread if anyone is interested.

I have a 14 day Xbox live gold trial that can't be added to existing live subscriptions, so if anybody doesn't have gold and wants 14 days of it, it's free to the first person who messages me.
I have no idea where the BST thread is, but I might be interested in the AC code if it's still up for sale. :eek:

I got the same email, also using PayPal. Tried changing to a credit card and got a server error too. I'm thinking it's probably a widespread glitch?

Halo MCC and Shape Up shipped today by BB for a likely delivery on Monday!
Also Sony just sent me $15 PSN voucher from their spend $100 get $15 promo, this promo combined with Target's 25% off PSN credit a couple months ago made my digital purchases really easy!

I can't decide if the Target deal would be better or if I should wait for Boxing Day deals. I won't be able to play anything till early December anyway.

Ubisoft games do tend to go on sale early....

Halo MCC and Shape Up shipped today by BB for a likely delivery on Monday!
Also Sony just sent me $15 PSN voucher from their spend $100 get $15 promo, this promo combined with Target's 25% off PSN credit a couple months ago made my digital purchases really easy!

Ah shit is that why best buy tried to charge my paypal and failed? I swear if my MCC isn't here by Tuesday I'll freak

jholmes

So Rayman Legends (at least for Wii U) has found its way to the Walmart discount racks at $20. Killer game at that price, guys.

Speaking of deals, y'all know Metro 2033 is free on Humble Bundle for another 12 hours, right?

Top Bottom