• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

NoWayOut

Old news, but I'm interested in Amazon's deal for the PS4 TLoU Bundle + a free bonus game for $449. Offer ends November 13.

Does it look like any better console deals will pop up around Black Friday? I know the US is rumored to having a 3-game bundle but I'm not sure if we'll see something similar in Canada.

I was wondering the same for the past few days, but at the end I went with it. I picked Bloodbourne as free game and I am happy with the decision. Maybe new bundles will come out, but most likely they will not let you pick the games.

Thought I'd ask here. Anyone have on them an unused Nintendoland code that came with the ZombiU bundle if you bought that bundle?

Still on an everlasting search for it. :(

FrsDvl

Thought I'd ask here. Anyone have on them an unused Nintendoland code that came with the ZombiU bundle if you bought that bundle?

Still on an everlasting search for it. :(

Well, unless you insist on digital, I can send my retail for a decent price plus shipping? Not sure what to ask for it, 20$? Unless it's worth more, or less..

Any deals around for Xbox Gold?
(or maybe someone has got a trial code?)

I bought the SO bundle and put in all the codes then threw all cards in the garbage. When I finally could access the online portion of the game I was asked to join Gold.
The code hadn’t worked (although it HAD been accepted) and at that point it was way down in the chute…

Pretty pissed to spend 10$ just to see if this is fun to play with my buddy, since I do all my MP on PS4.

Got a 2 day trial code if you want it?

Well, unless you insist on digital, I can send my retail for a decent price plus shipping? Not sure what to ask for it, 20$? Unless it's worth more, or less..

Nah, I got a retail copy, but I am in a shocking twist preferring digital nowadays if I can get better deals on them. It's way more convenient for me.

And Nintendoland to me is one where you kind of want it to be easily accessible in the menu at all times.

And the real kicker; it's not on the eShop anymore.

Yeah, can't get it there unless you use that code. :(

Returners

If amazon promises release date delivery, is it actually true?

My friend's panicking because I told him about Amazon's shipping instability.

So for the Sunset Overdrive bundle, whats the best deal I can get my hands on right now or within the next week?

It has to be before the 20th, since I'm leaving out of the country.

koopas

Nah, I got a retail copy, but I am in a shocking twist preferring digital nowadays if I can get better deals on them. It's way more convenient for me.

And Nintendoland to me is one where you kind of want it to be easily accessible in the menu at all times.

And the real kicker; it's not on the eShop anymore.

Yeah, can't get it there unless you use that code. :(
Do we know why this is? Does Nintendo secretly hate Nintendoland?

Lexxism

i-Jest

Toysrus.ca is currently having a 15% off your entire purchase Minimum purchase of $25 (before taxes).*Valid Nov. 9, 2014 Only!.

Promo code: 15PERCENTFF

PS Vita Borderland: $170 http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?prodFindSrc=cart&productId=37834786
Xbox One - Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 1TB Bundle: $425 http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=53250936
PS4 TLOU: $382.49 http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=46650086

via RFD

edit: Seems like a good deal.

Nothing I really want atm. E3 has me covered.

NYR

are they paying you $16.99 to take Man of Steel off their hands? cause that's the only way that's a good deal. :p

Seconded. Garbage movie, Superman is supposed to be
a god damn saviour and they destroy Metropolis and kill thousands if not millions? Awful.

evanmisha

are they paying you $16.99 to take Man of Steel off their hands? cause that's the only way that's a good deal. :p

I just figured I'd watch it since it's the only movie carrying over to the DC cinematic universe. There was other awesome stuff in the sale like Pacific Rim (which I already have).

timnich

I could potentially get a Xbox One for $275 through a rewards program at work, is it a good idea? Or is there any chance we might see better prices come black Friday?

i-Jest

I could potentially get a Xbox One for $275 through a rewards program at work, is it a good idea? Or is there any chance we might see better prices come black Friday?

Maybe. Even Cyber Monday holds the same possibility. I assume you can take advantage of that rewards program at your convenience. It wouldn't be a bad idea to just wait if that's something your prepared to do.

Price les than $275? You won't see those prices this holidays. In fact I doubt we will see it lower than that before holidays next year.

Go for it.

If that rewards program discount has no expiry, it's a no-brainer to wait unless you absolutely need an Xbox One now. That said, I think finding a better deal than $275 is unlikely this Black Friday/Boxing Day unless you consider bundles to be a better deal (ex. Xbox One + two $50 games for $350 would technically drop the price of the console below $275, assuming you like the games or think you can resell them). I thought I saw one reference to an Xbox One sale at $279 in the States for Black Friday but I can't even find that anymore and that's a) in the States and b) higher than $275.

timnich

Thanks guys. I'm just going to get it at $275, I really want to play the MCC. I just wanted to make sure there was no known deal for Black Friday. I'll just take advantage of Target's deal to get a few games as well, some good savings overall.

I was wondering the same for the past few days, but at the end I went with it. I picked Bloodbourne as free game and I am happy with the decision. Maybe new bundles will come out, but most likely they will not let you pick the games.

congrats, man! - you convinced me to do the same :) ...

(also (separately) got second son for $25)

Thanks guys. I'm just going to get it at $275, I really want to play the MCC. I just wanted to make sure there was no known deal for Black Friday. I'll just take advantage of Target's deal to get a few games as well, some good savings overall.

It's an absolutely terrible deal. Just ship it to me and I'll pay $275 for it :p

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Bought a refurbished Moto G 1st gen phone for $100 on Telus' website. Apparently, these phones are almost as new. Good deal?

I would have preferred the 2nd gen version for the microSD slot, but I couldn't find it for less than $200, and my budget is pretty thight these days.

This is the first smartphone I buy, so I'm not sure of my purchase, but according to the couple of reviews I read it looks like a decent phone for the price...

Anyone aware of a better deal for a decent smartphone?

DJ_Lae

Mine from the Microsoft store is still in shipping label limbo, so I don't expect to see it until later this week at the earliest.

I also wonder if the preorder goodies that were initially mentioned on the product page will actually come with it. I got a taste of their silly stuff with Forza Horizon 2, and I hope to see the license plate cover and other things. No idea if they'll run out, though.

Anyone's MCC from amazon ship yet? (Free ship option)

Mine's sitting at "Not yet shipped," estimated date Nov. 20-26. I expect it to ship earlier unless catastrophe hits. I'm also in Ontario, where Remembrance Day is not a stat holiday, so my guess is they'll ship today to arrive tomorrow.

Honestly I'm more concerned about my Tales of Hearts R pre-order from EBGames. On the one hand, EB's usually very good with release day shipping; on the other hand, this is a niche release and maybe EB hasn't gotten their shipments in yet/doesn't care. MCC's one of the biggest releases of the year and Amazon tends to be okay with shipping those out on time at least.

I have no idea why but I've been knocked down to evening delivery for my packages from Canada Post.

My games have not been showing up until around 7pm.

Mine is at the local facility with a delivery date of the 12th. I expect that to update to today at some point though.

Mine said the same thing a few hours ago, then I got a notification saying it was successfully delivered. They're probably going to churn through these before Remembrance Day

Stooopid Canada Post still has my copy of MCC at the delivery facility with no expected delivery date in sight. >_<

Canada Post Delivered for me. ACU originally said Nov 12th but it got delivered today.

8953_10152849136383276_6781719621097936672_n.jpg

Bought a refurbished Moto G 1st gen phone for $100 on Telus' website. Apparently, these phones are almost as new. Good deal?

I would have preferred the 2nd gen version for the microSD slot, but I couldn't find it for less than $200, and my budget is pretty thight these days.

This is the first smartphone I buy, so I'm not sure of my purchase, but according to the couple of reviews I read it looks like a decent phone for the price...

Anyone aware of a better deal for a decent smartphone?

Good choice, Moto G is the best $100 Android phone out there right now.

Top Bottom