• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

hey man, any chance of getting Dragon Age up on shop.ca?

if not, it's cool. I'll just buy something else to replace it :(

edit: fuck, bottom of the page.

Just asked our marketplace guy who handles video games. I believe its in the system, just not up for whatever reason.

This will get better way better before E3 *crosses fingers*. We still need to build out better pre-order functionality, and I believe its going to happen in Q1.

where do you live?
Brampton

NoWayOut

I played tons of Diablo 3 on PC, now that I just got a PS4 I'm hoping for a good deal on UEE version. Hopefully for black friday, otherwise boxing day :)

xCobalt

Just got this update from Canada Post about my AC: Unity preorder:

"Customer addressing error found; attempting to correct. Possible delay "

Expected delivery was changed to December 1. Anyone ever run into this problem? Wondering if I could do anything to speed it up.

yeah everything processed in MISSISSAUGA i think you closer than I (richmond hill)

thanks for sharing gives me an idea when it could be coming.

I had a good idea of when it was going to be delivered by just looking at the previous tracking history of previous items from the same postal service. It's usually around the same time :)

@Wreck

I had a good idea of when it was going to be delivered by just looking at the previous tracking history of previous items from the same postal service. It's usually around the same time :)

haha yeah i know

so whats next for you?

take the day off and play tomorrow?

hype!

Hyunkel6

I also just received AC:U. I did not know that Canada-Post could come twice a day. I usually get my games with my regular mail in the morning.

Krixeus

Do any of the companies here that are also in the US (Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, etc) have Black Friday sales/specials in Canada as well?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Do any of the companies here that are also in the US (Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, etc) have Black Friday sales/specials in Canada as well?
All stores have been the last couple of years in order to try to keep people shopping here but the deals aren't as good as in the US.

I feel kinda bad that I got AC:U today and some others didn't because I'm not keeping it.

Krixeus

All stores have been the last couple of years in order to try to keep people shopping here but the deals aren't as good as in the US.

I feel kinda bad that I got AC:U today and some others didn't because I'm not keeping it.
Yeah I thought I remembered seeing a couple stores (including EB games) promoting some Black Friday sales last year even though it's not really a holiday here so I was curious if that meant Canadian retailers were trying to join the craze but we already have Boxing Day for that.

Yeah I thought I remembered seeing a couple stores (including EB games) promoting some Black Friday sales last year even though it's not really a holiday here so I was curious if that meant Canadian retailers were trying to join the craze but we already have Boxing Day for that.

If people are willing to buy, retailers will put up as many sales as they can to catch all those people buying. Between people hearing about US Black Friday deals online and the general thirst for buying gifts on the cheap before Christmas, combined with relatively lackluster retail sales in general the last few years, Black Friday has been a much bigger thing in Canada than in decades past. I'd almost go as far as to say the Black Friday deals last year were better than Boxing Day, mostly because the Boxing Day deals ended up being warmed-over Black Friday deals for the most part.

Amazon just shipped my Ass Creed, I was really hoping they'd do what Future Shop did and ship early, guess it won't be getting here for my day off tomorrow.

So the Sunset Overdrive Bundle is pretty much sold out all over the United States and my buddy in Boston wants one from here.

So just a heads up for those interested in the white one, it looks like it truly is limited edition unlike others.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I finally will be able to get one of those Wii U Pro Controller from La Source. I had to call, but they sent it to a near-by store. o/

I keep forgetting to call, but I'm not in a rush to get it anyway. I'll probably call later this week.

No updates in over a month, even though they charged me the moment I ordered is pretty stupid.

iphys

20x at Shoppers on Saturday for anyone looking for a last-minute deal to get a Wii U ahead of Smash Bros. Also, there's a gift card promo this week where you can get 8000 bonus points for spending $200 on 2+ gift cards, which you can do for up to 3 transactions, so you could use this promo to stock up on shoppers gift cards to use for the 20x.

I thought Black Friday in Canada last year was pretty competitive with the US deals. Might be a little different this year with the weaker dollar though.

-Deimos

20x at Shoppers on Saturday for anyone looking for a last-minute deal to get a Wii U ahead of Smash Bros. Also, there's a gift card promo this week where you can get 8000 bonus points for spending $200 on 2+ gift cards, which you can do for up to 3 transactions, so you could use this promo to stock up on shoppers gift cards to use for the 20x.

This is tempting but I'll wait for a bundle. They have these promotions pretty often right?

UberTag

I thought Black Friday in Canada last year was pretty competitive with the US deals. Might be a little different this year with the weaker dollar though.
The weak dollar has me expecting absolute garbage for Black Friday and even worse garbage for Boxing Day. Should result in a terrible year at retail, which, our economy probably deserves.

Did anyone get a shipping notice from Amazon for either Halo:MCC or Assassin's Creed ?

My MCC has shipped from Amazon and it's free shipping. However my Assassins Creed which is priority shipping hasn't shipped yet. Weird.

Probably my guess. No wonder Xbox One bundles have been flying off the shelves, that $349 price tag is quite attractive compared to launch.

The weak dollar has me expecting absolute garbage for Black Friday and even worse garbage for Boxing Day. Should result in a terrible year at retail, which, our economy probably deserves.

The worst part is, there is no point of buying anything from the States at the moment, the conversion pretty much ruins savings.

Neither of mine are preparing to ship...

I had an issue with my shipping and instead of Amazon sending me an email or giving me a call, they just let the order be as is and I haven't got that shipped for a week until I contacted them few days ago to sort things out. So you might want to have a chat with their customer rep to make sure everything is okay.

Can we just rename this thread to 'Canadian Shipping Updates"?

It has always been Deals and "Discussion" thread.

If you go through the last few pages, tons of deals have been posted and the availability of them in stock and such. With the amount of pre-orders online that everyone has been doing the last few years, shipping discussion in inevitable, especially with this being the only dedicated Canadian thread.

koopas

Can we just rename this thread to 'Canadian Shipping Updates"?
Why don't you buck the trend by posting a deal instead of complaining?

With that said, just saw The Wonderful 101 marked down to 9.97 at Futureshop in Toronto. Looks like they are clearing that title out. YMMV of course but worth mentioning to those who held off on that one - great game.

Yaranaika

So the Sunset Overdrive Bundle is pretty much sold out all over the United States and my buddy in Boston wants one from here.

So just a heads up for those interested in the white one, it looks like it truly is limited edition unlike others.
Plenty of those consoles still available in Canada.

i-Jest

Why don't you buck the trend by posting a deal instead of complaining?

With that said, just saw The Wonderful 101 marked down to 9.97 at Futureshop in Toronto. Looks like they are clearing that title out. YMMV of course but worth mentioning to those who held off on that one - great game.

Yeah? looks like I'll have to check out the stockyards then.

Top Bottom