• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Lexxism

I knew it! Amazon will match Target's Infamous SS $15! Damnnn I bought it at PSN! Also, Amazon has the Hyrule Warriors for 49.99.

Tapejara

Damnit, I bought MotoGP 14 at full price earlier this month thinking it wouldn't go on sale. Now Futureshop's selling it for $44.99.

CREMSteve

last Thursday of every month.
ya I had to get my mom to go along. I had her use my optimum card but I change my info online to her name before leaving.

if anyone really wants a ps4 deal try this:

if you have last weeks shoppers flyer it says buy a ps4(doesn't matter which bundle) get a $75 gift card. I asked at future shop if they would match it and they said they would with a future shop gift card. usually they wont match gift cards so YMMV. the flyer expires on the 28th. not as good as a cash discount but if they do it its pretty much a free game.

check walmart.ca and select your store info. should be 8am but im not sure.

EDIT: still looking for a playstation plus trial code. if anyone they can donate please pm me.
Pretty sure the ps4 has a free trial code in the box, no?

btkadams

Is assassin's creed black flag really $20 from now until December 30 at Toys R Us, or did the Canada Gaming Deals Black Friday post make a typo and mean to say November 30? That large window just seems too good to be true.

explodet

Grabbed a Evil Within at amazon for $24.94 (a whole FIVE CENTS cheaper than Wal-Mart, whoo hoo), and needed something else to get free shipping.

Ended up getting a Wii Fit Trainer amiibo. I swear once you have one, these things emit radiation that creates a voice in your head shouting BUY MORE AMIIBOS

rawd

Ordered Alien Isolation Nostromo Edition PS4 from Amazon.ca this morning for $30 and now the link has it back up to $39.99.. What is this sorcery

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00I19TYW2/

Items Ordered Price
1 of: Alien Isolation: Nostromo Edition - PlayStation 4
Sold by: Amazon.com.ca, Inc.

Item(s) Subtotal: CDN$ 30.00
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
-----
Total before tax: CDN$ 30.00
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 3.90
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 0.00
-----
Total for this Shipment: CDN$ 33.90

big_z

if anyone really wants a ps4 deal try this:

last weeks shoppers flyer says buy a ps4(doesn't matter which bundle) get a $75 gift card. I asked at future shop if they would match it and they said they would with a future shop gift card. usually they wont match gift cards so YMMV. the flyer expires on the 28th. not as good as a cash discount but if they do it its pretty much a free game.

My brother just got back from future shop buying a gtav bundle for his friend and I can confirm this worked. GTAV ps4 bundle + $75 gift card is better than any other black Friday offers for a ps4.

Anyone have these? Are they any good?

Will there be a big difference in sound quality between these and the Sony wireless headset for Playstation?

the sennheiser are on a whole other level of quality compared to the playstation headset. im not sure how well the senns will work with the playstation though.

No_Style

Ordered Alien Isolation Nostromo Edition PS4 from Amazon.ca this morning for $30 and now the link has it back up to $39.99.. What is this sorcery

Yeah. Like I said, Amazon.ca has limited stock for certain price points. It's annoying for me because I have to go back and adjust them so folks aren't disappointed.

You're safe though!

Drakengard 3 is $29.99 at amazon, was hoping for $19.99.

Was also hoping for Fire Emblem to drop anywhere, it's still $39.99. Not a great black friday for me.

MutFox

Banned
Just got a Wii U SM3DW Bundle at Real Canadian Superstore!
Picked up Smash too! :D

No taxes felt good... :p
No Gamecube adapter felt bad... :|
(Fuck those people buying multiple, and selling for stupid prices, just like scalpers.)

XOMTOR

If anyone's looking for a new smartphone, the second generation Moto G is on sale on Staples.ca for $199. It comes with 8GB internal storage, and MicroSD support up to 32GB. Bought one today.

I'd recommend jumping on it now before it's sold out.

Grabbed one for the wife earlier. She's still using a 1st gen Galaxy so the Moto G will be a huge upgrade for her.

Oh and to keep this gaming related, I picked up Zelda: A Link Between Worlds for my nephew from Futureshop for $24.97. Threw in a cheap (but useful) item to get the free shipping.

ok i bit.

ended up spending over $300 today.

bought the sennheiser hd 598s
a hoard of games from eb that includes (be proud of me gaf)
Walking Dead Wii U this game is becoming increasingly rare
wii play motion
PS3 games:
mass effect 2
ass creed 2
child of eden
chronicles of riddick

Pikachu amiibo as a gift
hockey helmet
hockey stick
2 x lexar 32gb cards at wmt for 12$ each

balohna

All I've grabbed is the Batman/LBP3 PS4 bundle and a $40 controller. Probably all I will, after tax it was about $550. I've got a hook up for a free TLOU and a cheap DA:I, and I'm a PS+ subscriber, so I'll have lots to play. I'll enjoy the bundled games with my girlfriend for sure.

grego9198

Blah!

Logged into my PP account and saw I had a $100 from selling a lens a few months ago. Went to the MS store to grab a $349 AC Unity bundle + Sunset Overdrive. Then decided to go through airmiles to get some points too. Went back to the MS store and now Sunset Overdrive doesn't show up under the free games... boooo

My other option now is to go with SDM's super redemption and get Forza 5 kinect bundle + $50GC + 10k points. I have 135k points right now so I can get $210 off and use the GC to get Sunset Overdrive from SDM. But this way I'm down the two AC games...

The out of pocket expense appears to be basically the same (if I factor my found $100). But do I need the kinect? I don't have enough space to even set it up...

At the end of the day I just need SSO and Forza Horizon 2 would be nice.

Top Bottom