• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Man. Really not a lot for me this Black Friday. Most tempting is Sunset Overdrive and Forza Horizon 2 for $39.99/$44.99 but neither feels low enough to bite on. I know Sunset Overdrive is supposed to be $29.99 at RCSS but there isn't one anywhere near me and I have to work tomorrow anyways.

Not even sure the Steam sale can save this for me. I guess I'll wait for Boxing Day but I'm not that hopeful.

Yeah Evil Within and Xillia 2 deals were good for me but all the retailer offerings seem pretty tame this year.

Amazon.ca's stuff is pathetic and I remember grabbing quite a bit from them last year

Blues1990

Does anybody know if there are any eShop Cards going to be on sale tomorrow? I wouldn't mind picking up a few, especially if the discount is decent.

Stage On

A bit sad that Tales of Xillia 2 didn't hit 20$ anywhere for Black Friday. Was hoping for a deal on Drakengard 3 but that one was a long shot. Trying to complete the PS3 collection.

Yeah, that and no deals on Hyrule Warriors anywhere is really bumming me out.

I was also hoping for a ps4 but with no price cut that's pretty much a no go since I absolutely refuse to pay the inflated Canadian price for that.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Hmm Amazon has Sleeping Dogs PS4 at 29.99$

I loved that game on PS3. Dunno if I should bit guys?

Roto13

Grabbed Theatrhythm: Curtain Call from Best Buy. Also bought the Mac version of the Grand Theft Auto Collection for 90 cents because I was one cent short of free shipping. :p

That's pretty much my Black Friday shopping done. Might grab Transistor on PSN or something.

LMN

Quick question, is it possible to reserve on the deal (talking about legend of zelda link between two world)? Or I should just buy it online to be safe?

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I guess you guys are right. It is Square Enix published, most likely will be a PS+ game by next year. I'll play it then, plus I got a backlog... ;.;

Saved me 30$ :p

iphys

So the Cineplex Store BF deal is 2 free movie tickets with a $19.99 purchase (was a $29.99 purchase before today, so not a bad extra). Also, they take Paypal for the 5% promo going on now.

zroid

Banned
So the Cineplex Store BF deal is 2 free movie tickets with a $19.99 purchase (was a $29.99 purchase before today, so not a bad extra). Also, they take Paypal for the 5% promo going on now.

ok that's pretty good, lol

now to find something worth spending $19.99 on...

big_z

just bought two PS4 last of us + GTAV bundles for $317 each at shoppers.

Are there any deals on PS+ cards? Or if anyone has a ps+ trial code for please PM me. I want to get Isaac before the December games arrive.

big_z

How'd you get that PS4 price?

two transactions.
Seniors 20% off + bonus $10 gift card promo. ($100 off right there)
then I used $60 worth of points on both.

all my shoppers points I collected from the free promo codes. I never shop there and since the optimum code thing changed recently it was time to cash out.

Maximus.

Just bought a ton of older blurays and a few tv shows on bluray from Futureshop and Best Buy. No games I want that I don't already have. Pretty happy, though I thought I would not be spending anything this Black Friday.

Stage On

two transactions.
Seniors 20% off + bonus $10 gift card promo. ($100 off right there)
then I used $60 worth of points on both.

all my shoppers points I collected from the free promo codes. I never shop there and since the optimum code thing changed recently it was time to cash out.

Is Seniors 20% only on Thursdays or can you do that on any day? I'd be able to use that deal if i handed my mom the money to buy it lol

iphys

ok that's pretty good, lol

now to find something worth spending $19.99 on...

Yeah, their web site is a pain to shop on. BTW, I did the promo on Monday when they had the extra $5 off coupon and I got my DVDs/tickets yesterday no problem. The tickets are good till Dec 31, 2016, and don't seem to say anything about not being usable immediately.

two things:

1. Evil within is 24.99 at amazon.ca too (I ordered from wal-mart but no confirmation yet, I assume their just busy but I would have rather ordered from amazon)

2. Is 29.99 the cheapest price for alien on ps4 right now?

Brooks2304

Neo Member
Does PSN charge your card day of release for pre-orders? Witcher 3 at 53.99 is tempting, especially knowing it'll be 69.99+tax by the time it comes out.

big_z

Is Seniors 20% only on Thursdays or can you do that on any day? I'd be able to use that deal if i handed my mom the money to buy it lol

last Thursday of every month.
ya I had to get my mom to go along. I had her use my optimum card but I change my info online to her name before leaving.

if anyone really wants a ps4 deal try this:

if you have last weeks shoppers flyer it says buy a ps4(doesn't matter which bundle) get a $75 gift card. I asked at future shop if they would match it and they said they would with a future shop gift card. usually they wont match gift cards so YMMV. the flyer expires on the 28th. not as good as a cash discount but if they do it its pretty much a free game.

Any idea when Walmart will open in the morning?

check walmart.ca and select your store info. should be 8am but im not sure.

EDIT: still looking for a playstation plus trial code. if anyone they can donate please pm me.

Sora_N

last Thursday of every month.
ya I had to get my mom to go along. I had her use my optimum card but I change my info online to her name before leaving.

if anyone really wants a ps4 deal try this:

if you have last weeks shoppers flyer it says buy a ps4(doesn't matter which bundle) get a $75 gift card. I asked at future shop if they would match it and they said they would with a future shop gift card. usually they wont match gift cards so YMMV. the flyer expires on the 28th. not as good as a cash discount but if they do it its pretty much a free game.

check walmart.ca and select your store info. should be 8am but im not sure.

EDIT: still looking for a playstation plus trial code. if anyone they can donate please pm me.

Why do you need to change your card to her name? There's no personal information from the card that goes to the cash register.

And is it different in other provinces? I think it's Seniors Day like every Thursday at the store I work at, I choose not to work on Thursday so I don't have to hear the awful old people music though.

big_z

Why do you need to change your card to her name? There's no personal information from the card that goes to the cash register.

And is it different in other provinces? I think it's Seniors Day like every Thursday at the store I work at, I choose not to work on Thursday so I don't have to hear the awful old people music though.

I never shop at shoppers (all those points I collected from free online promos) so I didn't know what appears when they scan the card. so I played it safe.

I thought it was the last Thursday of the month. Ive seen people argue about it on RFD so It might vary by store or province or maybe the discount changes. I would call to check. If you got a senior (age 50-55+) and an optimum card $90 off a game console is a pretty decent deal.

Sora_N

I never shop at shoppers (all those points I collected from free online promos) so I didn't know what appears when they scan the card. so I played it safe.

I thought it was the last Thursday of the month. Ive seen people argue about it on RFD so It might vary by store or province or maybe the discount changes. I would call to check. If you got a senior (age 50-55+) and an optimum card $90 off a game console is a pretty decent deal.

Lol well I work there so you don't need to change anything in the future, no personal information is displayed. You only need to 'display' a senior.

I'm not sure about the seniors day either, it's every week at my store (BC).

Top Bottom