• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Stage On

I thought someone said earlier it was $29.99 at Target

edit: I might be confused, I searched the thread and couldn't find mention of that

I wish, It was full price at the Target I went to in Oakville. Plus some of the games that where Supposed to be $30 like Borderlands the presequel where actually $35

Oh weird, did EB Games get rid of their online store inventory thing? Really don't feel like calling in.

No, it's still there just a little different. The site is down for me right now so I can't check to confirm if my instructions off memory will be accurate, but if you look at an item and chose location it will show you the color green, yellow or red over your location. With a legend at the bottom telling you what each mean, obviously red being out of stock, yellow being limited, green being in stock.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No, it's still there just a little different. The site is down for me right now so I can't check to confirm if my instructions off memory will be accurate, but if you look at an item and chose location it will show you the color green, yellow or red over your location. With a legend at the bottom telling you what each mean, obviously red being out of stock, yellow being limited, green being in stock.
I don't see an option at the bottom of the page to even check if the product is in stock though...

Stage On

I knew it! Amazon will match Target's Infamous SS $15! Damnnn I bought it at PSN! Also, Amazon has the Hyrule Warriors for 49.99.

Gosh darn it Amazon has both of those back to normal price. I hate this limited price thing they have going because by the time I find out it was on sale it's already too late :(

suikodan

Anyone can explain what Ebates.ca is?

From what I see, I would buy something from a participating retailer BUT the rebate is not applied directly to the bill but is sent later to my home instead. Is that so?

Seems like deals tend to alternate years or sales. Last year Wii U bundles were $250, Fire Emblem was $25, PS+ was $30, etc.

The Canon laser all in one I posted on the last page is also instock and $50 at Best Buy: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=48c7387e2d337fe55819e7663363f40ben02

From what I see, I would buy something from a participating retailer BUT the rebate is not applied directly to the bill but is sent later to my home instead. Is that so?

It's cash back but paid to your ebates account instead. When you hit a certain amount they send you a cheque.

Dunlop

yes, rebates are distributed every 3 or 4 months (don't remember exactly).

I purchased my PS4 in november (insane rebates offer last year) and got my money in february

I don't see an option at the bottom of the page to even check if the product is in stock though...

Site is back up for me and yeah, you are correct. Maybe they removed it for the weekend because it's definitely been there. I think it's the in stores tab on the left, which doesn't do anything right now.

But I'm sure they still have it with the new design, I've used it a few times.

jholmes

Grabbed TLOU PS3 for $15 at Target. First store I went to was out and may never have had any copies to start with, but the one down the street hooked me up. Great price but the stock levels might make it hard to find, especially since Target's website won't help you.

Also, how's Theatrhythm? Might get that because of the $25 but I still need to beat several games.

It's awesome. If you have any interest in music games at all and you love the Final Fantasy soundtracks, you'll find a lot to like.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Grabbed TLOU PS3 for $15 at Target. First store I went to was out and may never have had any copies to start with, but the one down the street hooked me up. Great price but the stock levels might make it hard to find, especially since Target's website won't help you.

It's awesome. If you have any interest in music games at all and you love the Final Fantasy soundtracks, you'll find a lot to like.

Yep, it's awesome. Get it if you like FF music or rhythm games.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Site is back up for me and yeah, you are correct. Maybe they removed it for the weekend because it's definitely been there. I think it's the in stores tab on the left, which doesn't do anything right now.

But I'm sure they still have it with the new design, I've used it a few times.
Yeah, I noticed it before, but it disappeared a week ago when I was trying to track down a copy of Tales of Hearts R. Weird that they haven't bothered to fix it.

bPod

Black Friday has been a bust so far. Went to Walmart this morning to pick up The Evil Within but they didn't have stock for any platforms and didn't have PS4 controllers either. Hopefully, Futureshop will PM Walmart's flyer.

Luigi87

My one and only purchase today, which wasn't intended but I saw it and had to have it:
The World Of Ice & Fire: The Untold History Of Westeros And The Game Of Thrones - $25 at Coles this weekend (same price on Amazon, but... No waiting).

On my hunt for a cheap Drakengard 3, I noticed that Square Enix store seems to be selling PSN code. The code for this game is 16$ US. I am never going digital if there is a physical version, but I thought that it might be interesting for someone else.

Canon

Banned
Dell Ultrasharp 27" is $529. Is it worth it? My Dell 2709w from 2008 is starting to break (purple line through screen), but I don't want to buy this and have it be obsolete in a couple months. Although I am not looking for a 4K monitor since I have nothing powerful enough to drive it.

Took the plunge on the Xbox One Unity bundle via Futureshop yesterday (went up first thing Thursday morning for some reason).

Only disappointing portion of the transaction so far is shipping. When I placed the order the website it would be shipped that day so long as it was placed before 3PM PST. Placed the order and it still says it is "in progress" online. Called customer support and was basically told "yeah, it's black friday so shipping is going to be backed up". I can understand as much but don't have your website indicate it's not going to be a problem if you know your infrastructure can't support it. Wasn't given the option to cancel the order as apparently "it's already on its way to be shipped". Will likely take my business to a more competent online retailer moving forward.

bremon

Had a Black Friday tag on it when I was there today, so I would guess promotional price. My local store had plenty of stock of games, I would assume the rest of Edmonton area would be similar, West end usually gets hit hardest. Fairly mellow, too much snow relative to the deals for a lot of people I would guess. Ended up passing on Evil Within even though they had stock. It will eventually fall in price anyway if I do come around on it.

antibolo

Banned
lol still no reply from EBGames support about my Persona Q 3DS XL that's still stuck at "Confirmed".

I'm never gonna get it aren't I? It's just going to go out of print while my pre-order is still stuck?

Maybe this is for the best, I should wait for the New 3DS anyway...

Anyone having problems ordering stuff off of Wal mart Canada? Trying to buy that 32 GB Micro SD card but the website keeps timing out when I hit purchase

antibolo

Banned
Woah what the fuck, Hyrule Warriors is already back at full price on amazon.ca?! What bullshit is this, I was going to place my order this evening!

antibolo

Banned
I'm beginning to think they're only selling X amount of units at prices, as opposed to "this price for X amount of time".

So I guess this means if you see something you want and it qualifies for free shipping, order it immediately then?

Guess I'm placing my order for Drakengard 3 right now.

Mimosa97

Hey guys,

This is my first post on Neogaf. I'm french and i've been living in Montreal for 3 years now but this is my first black Friday on Canadian soil yaaaaay. I wanted to ask for your opinion about this TV deal :

http://store.sony.ca/gsi/webstore/W...wj-SujeJ2yMrnKDdJDl-oWx8eV2?SKU=31-KDL48W600B

I can't go fight my way through the crowds as i have a broken foot so i'll be mainly doing my shopping online. I've been checking amazon all day but i havn't seen any interesting deal on TV's. I plan to use this TV for gaming (PS3) but also as a monitor for my laptop when i'm home.

What do you think ?

If i buy stuff on amazon.com, will it go unnoticed through customs ? Maybe if i just stick to small items under 100$ or something like that ?

jholmes

Anyone having problems ordering stuff off of Wal mart Canada? Trying to buy that 32 GB Micro SD card but the website keeps timing out when I hit purchase

I got mine at midnight last night and it was fine. Hard to find the item on the website, though.

Hey guys,

This is my first post on Neogaf. I'm french and i've been living in Montreal for 3 years now but this is my first black Friday on Canadian soil yaaaaay. I wanted to ask for your opinion about this TV deal :

http://store.sony.ca/gsi/webstore/W...wj-SujeJ2yMrnKDdJDl-oWx8eV2?SKU=31-KDL48W600B

I can't go fight my way through the crowds as i have a broken foot so i'll be mainly doing my shopping online. I've been checking amazon all day but i havn't seen any interesting deal on TV's. I plan to use this TV for gaming (PS3) but also as a monitor for my laptop when i'm home.

What do you think ?

If i buy stuff on amazon.com, will it go unnoticed through customs ? Maybe if i just stick to small items under 100$ or something like that ?

Welcome to Canada and the board, and sorry about your foot, dude!

Can't speak intelligently about the monitor but I can say I haven't personally been dinged at customs from Amazon.com, or anything recently for that matter. The government has backed off exercising duty on smaller stuff lately so you're probably fine, although something closer to $100 might see you pay duty.

Mimosa97

I got mine at midnight last night and it was fine. Hard to find the item on the website, though.

Welcome to Canada and the board, and sorry about your foot, dude!

Can't speak intelligently about the monitor but I can say I haven't personally been dinged at customs from Amazon.com, or anything recently for that matter. The government has backed off exercising duty on smaller stuff lately so you're probably fine, although something closer to $100 might see you pay duty.

Friends warned me from ordering stuff on amazon.com but i'm going to give it a shot and buy a small item for under 50$ and see how it goes. Fringers crossed :)

Top Bottom