• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Conceptor

Yeah that is. I bought one half a year ago and have no complaints. Couldnt be assed to deal with my inkjet any longer

If anyone's looking for a new smartphone, the second generation Moto G is on sale on Staples.ca for $199. It comes with 8GB internal storage, and MicroSD support up to 32GB. Bought one today.

I'd recommend jumping on it now before it's sold out.
Not bad, thanks for the heads up.

And Walmart says the GC Adapter is OOS and my order will be delayed...
Me too. I ordered it a bit after it got posted here though so I'm not too surprised.

hahaha shoppers will see an influx of seniors buying ps4s...i want to pay a senior $10 to buy me a ps4.
If it gets abused enough they'll just remove the discount. Not really funny when people are scamming like those on red flag deals.
The Sr. discount can't exceed $50 though... and yeah like Cynar says, some stores may not even allow it :|

Agree most with 1. Someone said ALBW was $20 and I honestly wasn't sure how until someone else said Shoppers. It was frustrating and I almost missed out.
I think that might have been me. Sorry!!!! I'll make sure to say the store next time lol

I was confused about Staples' Moto G offering. That's not the Moto G LTE, right? So what's the difference between a Moto G and a "Moto G Second Generation"?

I would've thought it was the LTE model, but nothing about Staples' listing of it in the flyer (or on their website) seems to confirm that.

There's three models, it's confusing as hell.

The LTE model is a slightly updated version of the first generation, but the second generation is a separate model that came out most recently without LTE. It mostly has a larger screen and improved camera.

So basically you have to choose between LTE or a larger screen/better camera. You can't have both. It's dumb. Presumably LTE version of the 2nd gen will come out sometime in 2015, but until then you have to pick.

Sora_N

Yeah that is. I bought one half a year ago and have no complaints. Couldnt be assed to deal with my inkjet any longer

Not bad, thanks for the heads up.

Me too. I ordered it a bit after it got posted here though so I'm not too surprised.

The Sr. discount can't exceed $50 though... and yeah like Cynar says, some stores may not even allow it :|

I think that might have been me. Sorry!!!! I'll make sure to say the store next time lol

I'm a little drunk at the moment but yes I appreciate that. Thanks

Mimosa97

Any idea on where i can buy a good wireless headset ? One i can connect to my laptop.

I've been using my PS3 bluetooth headset for 2 years now but the battery is almost dead and the sound quality is pretty bad ( stereo with faked 5.1 ... ).

hazukash

Kirby Triple Deluxe 3DS is $19.99 at Pharmaprix. We tried to make amazon pricematch it (it's not a Black Friday deal, it's in their weekly flyer) before grabbing a copy at a local store. They have a crappy selection of games, but at least they had Kirby. Good deal.

Kirby Triple Deluxe 3DS is $19.99 at Pharmaprix. We tried to make amazon pricematch it (it's not a Black Friday deal, it's in their weekly flyer) before grabbing a copy at a local store. They have a crappy selection of games, but at least they had Kirby. Good deal.

I'll check out Shoppers here in Vancouver and see if they have it.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
...I knew it. I spent days debating if I should get one of those 32gb for $12 from Walmart, and just when I finally make up my mind, they're out of stock. Any other comparable deal somewhere for SD/MicroSD cards? :/

Socreges

Banned
Cross-post warning. I'm looking at Staples BF deals and found one for a gaming monitor. Any opinions on the Samsung LS22D390HS/ZC 21.5" LED Monitor?

Hard to come by reviews (none on Amazon) but the few I’ve seen were very good.

Strangely, it looks different here (where I would be buying it from because of shipping reasons) than it does at TigerDirect or Amazon or on Samsung's website. They must have the wrong picture? Or maybe the wrong model listed..

Would the 390 even necessarily be superior to the 300?

Eternia

...I knew it. I spent days debating if I should get one of those 32gb for $12 from Walmart, and just when I finally make up my mind, they're out of stock. Any other comparable deal somewhere for SD/MicroSD cards? :/
Adata 32GB microsd at NCIX is $14 + free shipping. Directcanada has it for cheaper but you'll have to pay for shipping.

Silicon Power Elite 32GB at NCIX for $13 + free shipping but I have no idea on the quality of this brand.

Tigerdirect had a 32GB Sandisk Ultra card for $13 but I don't know if it's still available now.

Canon

Banned
Is a GTX 760 for $199 worth it to upgrade over my HD 5830?

Also I find it weird the max resolution for most graphics cards is below 4k when my Surface Pro 3 can apparently drive a 4K monitor with integrated graphics?

Not a deal, but if anyone happens to live on PEI in the Charlottetown area, the Walmart has The Crew for PS4 on shelves a couple of days early.

Socreges

Banned
Alright just found the Samsung LS24D590PL on sale for $150 (in Canada). Seems like a very good value. Besides the lack of physical adjustments, is there much to worry about? I've spent the last couple hours educating myself on monitors but I feel like I still need GAF's go-ahead....

Alright just found the Samsung LS24D590PL on sale for $150 (in Canada). Seems like a very good value. Besides the lack of physical adjustments, is there much to worry about? I've spent the last couple hours educating myself on monitors but I feel like I still need GAF's go-ahead....

Maybe ask in the PC thread? They might be more knowledgeable about gaming monitors.

Looks pretty good for the price. PLS is supposed to be as good or better than IPS.

Not sure where you're buying it from but I believe Amazon.ca does not charge an enviro fee so you'd save a bit if it's the same price.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I think this was a pretty good unnoticed deal: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition for PS3 or X360 for $10 with free shipping from Walmart. Even if you aren't into fighting games much, the single player of MK9 is worth the price of admission and once you beat it there are tons of challenges to do. Awesome game.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
When did you order yours? I just got an email saying my order was delayed, but not canceled...yet.

Yeah I meant delayed... Maybe I'm pessimistic, but I'm pretty sure it means I won't get it at all.

i-Jest

Walmart cancelled my gamecube adapter order... Argh. Guess it's scalper price or nothing at this point...

Luckily, for myself, Wal-Mart hasn't sent me a notice. I hope they won't. Were you apart of the November 27th orders?

EDIT:

How difficult is it to find the gamecube controllers for Smash given the current state of things?

Zing

Banned
I ordered from Walmart within that first hour. Let's check my order. It hasn't shipped as of yesterday.

Hmm... Still "in progress".

Top Bottom