• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

i-Jest

I ordered mine at 10 am on the 27th MST and got a delay email.

Controller stock is dwindling online, but that could be due to people going into buying mode over the weekend. I'm worried they'll go the way of the adapter though.

Oh yeah? I'll have to buy a one or two soon then.

ohlawd

does paypal tell you when you'll start getting 5% cashback after the first purchase? I don't know if putting in PSN credit counts.

does paypal tell you when you'll start getting 5% cashback after the first purchase? I don't know if putting in PSN credit counts.

It only applies to purchases at certain stores though. That said, I made a purchase at Best Buy before and didn't get a message about it.

zroid

Banned
Edge of Tomorrow blu-ray for $14 hnnnngghhhh

...but I know I'll get it for like half that if I wait a few months

must... resist...

Jinto

Sigh, just bought a laptop and 1 year of XBL from the Microsoft Store. Talk about impulse buy. Hopefully I can return the laptop in store if I change my mind.

PayPal exclusive BB flyer.

http://flyer.bestbuy.ca/flyers/best...ue#!/flyers/bestbuy-weekly?flyer_run_id=40725

Wii U Mario World bundle with MK8 and a Mario Amiibo $300
XB1 AC bundle with CoD AW and an extra controller $400

Must use PayPal to pay.

Starts midnight PST.

Both of those deals are great, but that Xbone one is GREAT. Considering those are two pretty standard purchases with a console, you're saving like $120.

In store or online?

Online. I'm not sure you can preorder them in store.

As someone said, FS is just easy. Even if you want to look for them somewhere else for some reason, FS or BB are good backups because the return process is so easy.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
XBL Gold already sold out at MS store and Dell? wtf?
well at least you can put your order on Dell site. 30$ is a steal, and lowest it can be

Endy MacK

Is there even a list of participating merchants offered by PayPal anywhere? I haven't found one, and I think it 's a little shady on their part to put it in the terms, but not provide a list. I could just be missing it, but I'm a little cynical about a lot of PayPal practices to begin with :p

ohlawd

missed Dell's price error D:

Is there even a list of participating merchants offered by PayPal anywhere? I haven't found one, and I think it 's a little shady on their part to put it in the terms, but not provide a list. I could just be missing it, but I'm a little cynical about a lot of PayPal practices to begin with :p

there isn't as far as I can tell. maybe the retailers shown at the bottom after signing up for the offer are the only ones.

iphys

In the past I've always received more than I expected from these Paypal promos, so I wouldn't worry too much. I think that list of places it said was just "ideas to get you started" or something like that. It's probably just the Canada/US restriction that defines a merchant as qualifying or not.

Just in case your wallets aren't done weeping, Funimation's Cyber Monday sale is going on and it's much, much better than their Black Friday sale. I picked up a few anime complete series Blurays that are usually $60 US each for like $9 each (the big, big series like DBZ and One Piece are still kind of expensive, but all very discounted). Ships to Canada for an alright price too.

http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/Shop_Filter.ss?scategory=534842&sortbyvalue=2&sf=sf

khaaan

Too bad the vita games on sale today in USA aren't in Canada as well

There are Vita games on sale today?

I'm guessing you're talking about the Best Buy sale, right? In which case yeah, it's unfortunate. Best Buy also seems to be having a B1G1 on Wii U games which I would have loved to see.

Online. I'm not sure you can preorder them in store.

As someone said, FS is just easy. Even if you want to look for them somewhere else for some reason, FS or BB are good backups because the return process is so easy.

I pre-ordered online at Amazon Canada for Wave 2, will likely just stay up late for when the in store reservations go live for Wave 2 on Future Shop's website and arrive as soon as they open.

mdubs

Banned
Just in case your wallets aren't done weeping, Funimation's Cyber Monday sale is going on and it's much, much better than their Black Friday sale. I picked up a few anime complete series Blurays that are usually $60 US each for like $9 each (the big, big series like DBZ and One Piece are still kind of expensive, but all very discounted). Ships to Canada for an alright price too.

http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/Shop_Filter.ss?scategory=534842&sortbyvalue=2&sf=sf

Thanks for this, I ordered the Eden of the East Complete Series BD for $8.99 USD. Shipping was only $0.54 to Ontario, good stuff.

I pre-ordered online at Amazon Canada for Wave 2, will likely just stay up late for when the in store reservations go live for Wave 2 on Future Shop's website and arrive as soon as they open.

Cool Cool. I tried to stay away from Amazon, only because their return process is a pain in the ass.

Yasumi

Banned

Aw man, FLCL's not on sale. ;_;
Panty and Stocking DVD price is pretty good though.

Top Bottom