• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Have you ever gotten an Xbox Live Gold card from costco? BECAUSE THEY ARE FREAKING MASSIVE!

crLUGgN.png

Excuse the purple filter. I have no idea how to disable it on my HTC One

Xenoflare

Have you ever gotten an Xbox Live Gold card from costco? BECAUSE THEY ARE FREAKING MASSIVE!

crLUGgN.png

Excuse the purple filter. I have no idea how to disable it on my HTC One

kinda sad that I instantly thought of the HTC one when I saw this pic.

This is a thermal defect, the heat of the phone is fucking with the copper element within the phone camera and this making it picking up heat as the purple hue you see here.

Apparently HTC will fix it with no questions asked, but I'm not gonna bother since I got mine overseas

Socreges

Banned
Maybe ask in the PC thread? They might be more knowledgeable about gaming monitors.

Looks pretty good for the price. PLS is supposed to be as good or better than IPS.

Not sure where you're buying it from but I believe Amazon.ca does not charge an enviro fee so you'd save a bit if it's the same price.
Yeah I cross-posted. No one helped me there. Buying (bought) it from NCIX last night. Amazon has it listed for $285 - NCIX is alone in its low price, so far as I've seen.

Not sure if it's been posted in here or not, but if you buy a MK8 or 3D World Wii U bundle at all at Walmart, you get Tropical Freeze or Wind Waker HD for free, but only for another day or two. In store only.

Hyunkel6

An EB employee charged me the $3 gaming guarantee fee for Xillia 2 without even asking me if I want it. I got it adjusted by another employee, but I'm still not sure if it was by mistake or if he wanted to pull a fast one.

An EB employee charged me the $3 gaming guarantee fee for Xillia 2 without even asking me if I want it. I got it adjusted by another employee, but I'm still not sure if it was by mistake or if he wanted to pull a fast one.

There is a woman at my local eb who is really sneaky with it. She doesn't mention it as an option at all and just says that they always include it as an extra fee. It's gross to listen to her bullshit people when I'm standing in line.

Pachinko

There is a woman at my local eb who is really sneaky with it. She doesn't mention it as an option at all and just says that they always include it as an extra fee. It's gross to listen to her bullshit people when I'm standing in line.

I've never not been asked but I know from years ago (I had a few friends that worked at ebgames) they had to sell a certain number of those warranties per shift/employee , like there was actually an overall monthly quota for the district/region and the staff at the bottom of the sales charts tended to catch shit or possibly got fired for under preforming.

Sneaking it on your receipt without saying anything is pretty bad , sounds like something the manager of the store might do to make their particular store look better. Most people decline the warranty because honestly- who wants to spend more money for essentially nothing?

This happened to my friend as well. I'm convinced it's not a mistake.

2014/11/30
12:32 item rescheduled for delivery next business day.
09:29 Item out for delivery

hmm so I though canada post would do delivery on Sunday, guess I was wrong. Any chance to get the item if I show up at canada post, show them id & tracking #? Nvm they closed on the weekends

Luckily, for myself, Wal-Mart hasn't sent me a notice. I hope they won't. Were you apart of the November 27th orders?

EDIT:

How difficult is it to find the gamecube controllers for Smash given the current state of things?
I ordered mine at 10 am on the 27th MST and got a delay email.

Controller stock is dwindling online, but that could be due to people going into buying mode over the weekend. I'm worried they'll go the way of the adapter though.

Mimosa97

Is it possible to get a delivery window from UPS ? I've ordered a bunch of stuff on Amazon and the delivery guy always manages to knock at my door when i'm not home. And then i have to walk a mile to some shitty store on Saint-Laurent (Montreal), and with a broken foot, it's no fun.

If i could at least know if i'm getting delivered in the morning or the afternoon i could make arrangements ...

Is it possible to get a delivery window from UPS ? I've ordered a bunch of stuff on Amazon and the delivery guy always manages to knock at my door when i'm not home. And then i have to walk a mile to some shitty store on Saint-Laurent (Montreal), and with a broken foot, it's no fun.

If i could at least know if i'm getting delivered in the morning or the afternoon i could make arrangements ...

I live in Montreal too and I always use UPS since the place I work at has an account with them, sadly there is no rule of thumb when it comes to UPS they can never tell you an estimate when they will show up, however most of the time* they will deliver around the same time to your place since they have their routes assigned. I've learned after receiving a lot of stuff from them that they will deliver to my place around 3 pm more or less.
Like I said you have to do business with them for a while to figure out the time window for delivery in your area.

Mimosa97

I live in Montreal too and I always use UPS since the place I work at has an account with them, sadly there is no rule of thumb when it comes to UPS they can never tell you an estimate when they will show up, however most of the time* they will deliver around the same time to your place since they have their routes assigned. I've learned after receiving a lot of stuff from them that they will deliver to my place around 3 pm more or less.
Like I said you have to do business with them for a while to figure out the time window for delivery in your area.

Sadly this hasn't been the case for me ...

It happened me to get multiple packages from different UPS employees at different times of the day ... all in the same day. Don't ask me how cause i have no idea ...

23qwerty

Not sure if it's been posted in here or not, but if you buy a MK8 or 3D World Wii U bundle at all at Walmart, you get Tropical Freeze or Wind Waker HD for free, but only for another day or two. In store only.

Any chance you can get one of those if you bought a Wii U from Walmart about a month ago?

Jinto

Yeah, Canada Post just delivered Akiba's Trip. FS sent it in a big box rather than a bubble envelope for some strange reason. It does feel weird getting something delivered on a Sunday.

I'm debating whether I should pick up the Lenovo Yoga 2 11.6" laptop from FS for $449.99 to use at school. Maybe there will be better deals for cheap portable laptops on Cyber Monday.

UberTag

I couldn't pass up on The Evil Within for $25 at Wal-Mart and Metro Redux for $25 at Future Shop (both for PS4).
Those two plus Shadow of Mordor (elected to go physical at $45 instead of digital at $35) comprise my Black Friday haul.

Anyone able to preorder wave 2 of the Amiibos at EB Games yet?

Neither of the stores here in town have allowed preorders yet and the website shows all 6 as sold out now.

What the shit?

did it at Future Shop. After how tough some of them are to find, I'm not dicking around.

FS and BB also have a friendlier return policy. Useful in case that you get a retarded looking model and there is still some in the store to exchange it with. I guess that there will not be a choice for Shulk.

Eb return policy in store for items bought online says: "Store return policies may vary and are subject to manager approval".

cocopuffs

Banned
For anyone else who ordered the PS4 Last of Us Remastered Bundle off Amazon, some clarification WOULD be super appreciated.

For background info, I ordered it as a lightning deal on Black Friday. In the description, it said that I would receive a $75 credit in 5 days. I thought that was it, no questions asked. I order during the deal and I'll get the credit in 5 business days.

One rep clarified this for me and confirmed what I thought.
08:11 AM PST (Amazon): I understand your concern, I see the order was placed on Thursday and you will receive the credit in 5 business days via email.

But speaking to another rep about a related concern, he instead told me.

01:00 PM PST (Amazon): I see that the terms and conditions says that you should also purchase a gift card worth $75 along with this order so that you can get that for free.

01:02 PM PST (Amazon): It said in the terms and conditions, this promotion was active when you were placing the order but was not applied as you did not purchase the gift card worth $75.

01:03 PM PST [cocopuffs]: I assumed that it was applied automatically, is there anything you can do?
Because I ordered with the expectation that it would be added
As the description suggested on your website

01:04 PM PST(Amazon):
I'm sorry [name], that promotion has expired and is inactive now.

telling me that I had to have purchased a $75 gift card ALONG with the order to get the credit.

So now, I'm just wondering, will I get the credit or not? Cause if I don't get it, this is some misleading bullshit considering the only reason I even bought the system then was because of that Lightning Deal.

For anyone else who ordered the PS4 Last of Us Remastered Bundle off Amazon, some clarification WOULD be super appreciated.

For background info, I ordered it as a lightning deal on Black Friday. In the description, it said that I would receive a $75 credit in 5 days. I thought that was it, no questions asked. I order during the deal and I'll get the credit in 5 business days.

One rep clarified this for me and confirmed what I thought.

But speaking to another rep about a related concern, he instead told me.

telling me that I had to have purchased a $75 gift card ALONG with the order to get the credit.

So now, I'm just wondering, will I get the credit or not? Cause if I don't get it, this is some misleading bullshit considering the only reason I even bought the system then was because of that Lightning Deal.

If you don't get the credit in five days, just contact them and bitch. That should be a pretty easy battle to win. Even if you were supposed to take an extra step to get it (which is insane, what an archaic workaround. Why not just email you a $75 gift card?), they should be able to retroactively fix it for you.

JSR_Cube

BestBuy.ca has an exclusive PayPal Cyber Monday Flyer.
Nintendo Wii U 32GB Super Mario 3D World Deluxe Set With Mario Kart 8 & Amiibo Mario Figure - $299

Plus you can also get 5% off with the PayPal promo. Deal isn't active until midnight. Look for it in the Paypal exclusive flyer.

BestBuy.ca has an exclusive PayPal Cyber Monday Flyer.
Nintendo Wii U 32GB Super Mario 3D World Deluxe Set With Mario Kart 8 & Amiibo Mario Figure - $299

Plus you can also get 5% off with the PayPal promo. Deal isn't active until midnight. Look for it in the Paypal exclusive flyer.

It says there are only 200 available online :(

ohlawd

aww hell

do I buy a year of XBL now or wait until Boxing Day for a cheaper price? but what if it doesn't go on sale? this sux.

Top Bottom