• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 4: That $70s Show

Jinto

Yeah, I just checked and the MS Store charged me for GST on my XBL card too. Good thing I live in Alberta, so it was only $2 extra. I used paypal, so with the 5% back, I'm not really losing anything.

i-Lo

oh shit, I see.

fuuuuck you're right lol

welp, will do the same then

The customer service rep. informed that they can't do anything about the 'tax' and that I return the package in pristine condition if I receive it or not accept the package at all which would eventually lead them to refund using the my payment method. Given, my lack of knowledge about how long it would take for it return once I deny the package, I have opted to do it in person. Furthermore, I was notified that the time limit is 60 days for such an action.

iphys

Be wary of The Source offer because they charge HST on top. I am on phone atm to see if they can refund.

Last I heard, they charge tax on eShop cards too, and they've been doing it for a while and never fixing the problem. Just avoid buying anything like that there.

Has anyone who ordered Kingdom Hearts 2.5 from Bestbuy had it shipped yet? I've always gotten games on release date from them, and this one releases tomorrow.

ohlawd

all the sites doing the $40 sub are charging me tax. BB/FS are cheaper by two dollars.

edit: k I get it. BB's price is the lowest I'll get, huh....

The customer service rep. informed that they can't do anything about the 'tax' and that I return the package in pristine condition if I receive it or not accept the package at all which would eventually lead them to refund using the my payment method. Given, my lack of knowledge about how long it would take for it return once I deny the package, I have opted to do it in person. Furthermore, I was notified that the time limit is 60 days for such an action.

they told me the same thing. Gotta wait for the package now then.

ohlawd

I thought last time it was straight up 20% off. Didn't have to buy one to get the second 20% off.

the last last time was 25% off. $50 cards for $37.5. beautiful sight to behold.

last time is the exact same as this time. buy one, get the cheaper one of the two 20% off

Past

Cyber Monday deal? I have no idea I was expecting to get dinged for more. I paid $10.70 in total because they also charge for tax instead of risking customs, on an item that small it's nice!

For anyone else interested they have Eden of the East the Complete Series for $8.99 USD along with the two movies for $9.47 USD each. http://www.funimation.com/shows/eden-of-the-east/products

I ordered this morning after I saw your post and the shipping was less than a dollar. Looks like it was a glitch though since I tried placing an order for another anime just now and the shipping is above $20. Hope our order won't get cancel.

Apathy

FYI, for Toronto GAF, if anyone is looking for a PSP (you read that right. PSP), the shoppers at Bridletown mall (Warden and Finch in Scarborough) has 2 boxes there behind the counter for $129 (iirc). Can't say what firmware they were, but they are there for anyone that really wanted one for some odd reason.

Past

FYI, for Toronto GAF, if anyone is looking for a PSP (you read that right. PSP), the shoppers at Bridletown mall (Warden and Finch in Scarborough) has 2 boxes there behind the counter for $129 (iirc). Can't say what firmware they were, but they are there for anyone that really wanted one for some odd reason.

$129? Why not just get a Vita at that price?

mdubs

Banned
I ordered this morning after I saw your post and the shipping was less than a dollar. Looks like it was a glitch though since I tried placing an order for another anime just now and the shipping is above $20. Hope our order won't get cancel.

Just tried that and damn, $20 shipping. Looks like we lucked out this morning!

kaiyo

the last last time was 25% off. $50 cards for $37.5. beautiful sight to behold.

last time is the exact same as this time. buy one, get the cheaper one of the two 20% off

weird, I ask my (2 different) friends to buy them for me both times. I gave them 10%/25% off the price of the card value. Got 2x $50 both times.

From what I remember the last time it was 25%[+5% with red card] off, the last last time it was 10%[+5% with red card] off.

proof:
Aug 6th 10% off psn/xbl/eshop cards
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/target-10-off-all-gaming-cards-psn-xbl-eshop-1527289/

Sept 1st 25% off psn cash cards (pricing error, should have been 10% off) end of page 4, start of page 5 where people reporting they got 25% off PSN cash cards
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/target-psn-xbox-live-cards-25-also-10-off-currency-cards-1544931/

Xenoflare

Yeah, I just checked and the MS Store charged me for GST on my XBL card too. Good thing I live in Alberta, so it was only $2 extra. I used paypal, so with the 5% back, I'm not really losing anything.

IIRC MS cards used to have taxes when I bought them sometime in 2011 back when there are points, and then the tax was gone like PSN cards (still points at this stage), but I haven't bought any of the cards since the point to dollar conversion.

If that's the case then it sucks, since people are practically being taxed twice.

kaiyo

Anyone know if this external harddrive will work in PS4?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ILALU9G/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Thinking of delivering to and picking up from the U.S.

If you are going to remove the hdd from the enclosure and put it in the PS4 then it will fit the PS4 since It's the drive is 9.5mm. Here's a video of a person disassembling the drive and putting it into the PS4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGerAyesQZY

If you are going to use it as external hard drive, the PS4 only allows you to export saves, screenshots and recorded videos to external hdd. The PS4 can't install games to external drives at this point in time.

DVCY201

Just in case your wallets aren't done weeping, Funimation's Cyber Monday sale is going on and it's much, much better than their Black Friday sale. I picked up a few anime complete series Blurays that are usually $60 US each for like $9 each (the big, big series like DBZ and One Piece are still kind of expensive, but all very discounted). Ships to Canada for an alright price too.

http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/Shop_Filter.ss?scategory=534842&sortbyvalue=2&sf=sf

Damn it. I put in a big order on RightStuf already, too late to cancel. Shame, this has a ton of series I've been waiting for to go on heavy discount.

PFD

Is it possible to use the Newegg visa promotion (-$25) on two separate orders?

Ok I can confirm that this works :)

I used the coupon found here, and I ordered my RAM and CPU separately and ended up getting -$50 on the entire order :)

The only thing is you can't use the same Newegg account for both orders. So I basically logged out after the first order, and then submitted the 2nd order without an account (sent directly to my email)

Deal is pretty specific for people, but anyone who wants LBP3 and Minecraft for PS4 on disc, Bestbuy is doing a bundle. its 69.99 for both, do-able in store too.

Madness

Future Shop only charged me PST in store. No GST. I can't remember if I was taxed before. Usually I get codes online and I don't think they've ever charged tax.

I do know that Wal-Mart and Best Buy have charged tax on gift cards though. And then MS charges tax when using those taxed points for their games. The worst is having more credit than requires for games, but not when they charge extra cents of tax. Have to rebuy new prepaid cards for that. I actually miss points. No bullshit. This map pack is 800 points, cards cost $20 for 1400. Granted this was only ideal for prepaid users. People who have credit card probably love the easy $5.60 charges, no random odd point numbers. But I'd never give MS my credit card on file.

Sora_N

I can't believe Curtain Call is sold out. I wish I just ordered it first. Makes me feel like I really missed out. I hope its not going to be out of print or anything.

reminder for this friday:

Oh good. I've suddenly found myself out of eShop credit, which surprised me as much as anyone (thanks, Wonderful 101 and Korg DSN-12). Seriously, I thought I would use up $150 of PSN credit faster than $50 of eShop credit, but lately there's been nothing for me in PSN sales.

Anyone know where I can buy a digital Xbox 10-15 dollar card? Live isn't accepting my credit card anymore and I don't think I can add wallet balance via paypal.

Returners

Oh good. I've suddenly found myself out of eShop credit, which surprised me as much as anyone (thanks, Wonderful 101 and Korg DSN-12). Seriously, I thought I would use up $150 of PSN credit faster than $50 of eShop credit, but lately there's been nothing for me in PSN sales.

I just did cause of the 100 get 15 promotions.

Time to restock again...

Amazon still hasn't shipped my Hyrule Warriors that I ordered on Friday. I'm almost at the point of cancelling it at this point. Might just grab some stuff on PSN instead.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Too bad there weren't any good PS+ deals this Black Friday/Cyber Monday, wouldn't have minded adding on a few more years to my subscription.

This year's deals, on a whole, didn't seem as good as last year's for me. Last year I picked up 4 years of PS+, a shit load of games and a Wii U, this year I only got the Desolation of Smaug Blu Ray from Cineplex.

Mupod

I still have an unused PS+ card from last year, I'm worried the code will expire or something but it doesn't list one on the card. So I figure worst case scenario I can just call Sony and complain about it. I'd just use it but my PS4 still has a good 6-7 months of time on it from the previous owner (my brother) and so far the IGC games have been crap I already own or don't want.

Anyways, is there somewhere to buy a battle.net authenticator in Canada for a reasonable price? The shipping from Blizzard triples the cost of the thing. And the one on amazon is $30, wtf it's 6 bucks normally.

BadWolf

I still have an unused PS+ card from last year, I'm worried the code will expire or something but it doesn't list one on the card. So I figure worst case scenario I can just call Sony and complain about it. I'd just use it but my PS4 still has a good 6-7 months of time on it from the previous owner (my brother) and so far the IGC games have been crap I already own or don't want.

Anyways, is there somewhere to buy a battle.net authenticator in Canada for a reasonable price? The shipping from Blizzard triples the cost of the thing. And the one on amazon is $30, wtf it's 6 bucks normally.

I also have an unused PS+ card from last year's BF.

Asked in the PS+ thread and someone said that they don't expire.

Top Bottom