• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

I didn't know Best Buy Reward Zone gives you a 20% off coupon on your birth month for online game orders of $40+. Suddenly everything seems approachable.

Have they been doing this every year?

Not really a deal, but I thought I'd ask Canada-GAF.

Has anyone gotten any shipping notification about their Smash 4 CD from CN? I'm getting slightly worried as I'm seeing people get it and I still have recieved no shipping information.

I have received nothing. :/

jholmes

Not really a deal, but I thought I'd ask Canada-GAF.

Has anyone gotten any shipping notification about their Smash 4 CD from CN? I'm getting slightly worried as I'm seeing people get it and I still have recieved no shipping information.

People keep saying they got theirs and I got excited and I guess sort of confused. I couldn't find an email so I thought maybe I just imagined I got the notification when others did, but then I was worried I maybe got the email when I was drunk and deleted it.

Anyway, I just checked and mine hasn't shipped.

I went by Target today. Consoles were all gone except for 360's and Vitas. Most Nintendo first-party games were gone.

Everything else was in decent supply. It was quiet as always.

TimeKillr

RED TEXT - NEW DEALish

Swung by target to see what's up. Games at 25% off, not much worthwhile left but it also applied to game hardware and there was a healthy stock of Vita, PSTV and 360 Kinects. I almost bit the bullet on a "backup" Vita and a PSTV but realized I don't need either of those. YMMV.

Also, today I learned that Quebec uses PEGI.
Did a double take when I saw the logo and was confused for a sec.

Heh, Quebec doesn't use PEGI. I can tell that to you with 100% confidence because the games I work on have often needed to be rated for North America as a whole and it's 100% ESRB. PEGI is Europe-only.

If you saw a game with a PEGI certification on it, it's because it's a euro import.

hazukash

I know some French games have PEGI logos on them because they used the same localization as in the European version. The French version of Pokémon HeartGold, for instance, has a PEGI logo on the box. The English one doesn't.

pokemonfrancais.jpg

Top left "Fr" is only found on North American copies. See the PEGI logo on the cover. I think they stopped doing this for a while now, at least Nintendo did. They must have realized it was wrong since we use ESRB here and PEGI means nothing.

khaaan

Guess I was wrong about PEGI =P

There was just a massive stack of Pokemon White and Yoshi's New Island all with PEGI ratings at Target, I didn't know what else to think. The only other time I've seen it in North America was a used Harry Potter game at EB.

Any chance games will go for a deeper discount sometime soon?

I don't see why not, but someone from Target could probably give a better answer.The question unfortunately didn't cross my mind when I was looking around >_<

I went by Target today. Consoles were all gone except for 360's and Vitas. Most Nintendo first-party games were gone.

Everything else was in decent supply. It was quiet as always.
Anyone have any idea when the next drops will be? Still have a lot of stock at my local store so I've been holding out on some games

Bloodborne listing on Shop.ca

http://www.shop.ca/c/sony-ps4-bloodborne-711719053163-24763480

If you have any of the "$20 off $50 or more" or the Paypal "$50 off $125 or more" promos/coupons then this might be a good time to use them.

I just ordered Bloodborne and Shadow of Mordor for PS4 for $76 total combining the promos.

Was just about to post this. Upcoming games like FF and Mario Party are also on shop.ca.

The PayPal promo ends Mar. 8.

Bloodborne listing on Shop.ca

http://www.shop.ca/c/sony-ps4-bloodborne-711719053163-24763480

If you have any of the "$20 off $50 or more" or the Paypal "$50 off $125 or more" promos/coupons then this might be a good time to use them.

I just ordered Bloodborne and Shadow of Mordor for PS4 for $76 total combining the promos.

Hmm.

I have this preordered already with the E3 deal.

I will see what's better. I have the $50 of $125 so this could be the better deal.

I think I can use this in conjunction with eBates as well. This could be really good. I am going to try Type 0 and Bloodborne.

Edit: Figures Type 0 is OoS.

Joeku

I don't know how many times people need to keep saying it, but Target liquidation price drops are on Thursdays.

Games have consistently been 5% each week IIRC, so two days from now they'll be 30% off.

Qwyjibo

I think I can use this in conjunction with eBates as well.
Be careful with that. Sometime Ebates won't give it to you even if it's with the Paypal offer. I've read on RFD forums that some people get their cashback clawed back too once they see you're using it with other offers.

how do you know if you have the paypal promos?
It was a targeted offer. Got into your Paypal account and check your "Wallet".

eBates doesn't work on video games. Use a $20 off $50 Facebook coupon.

If you hit the $125 limit after taxes it's a pretty good deal as the PayPal promo works out to 40% off.

namDa65

Thanks.

Just snagged Bloodborne and FF Type 0 for $88 all in.

I was previously paying $55 for Bloodborne (E3) deal and around $68 with tax on Amazon for Type 0.

So about $123 versus $88.

That's a savings of about $35 for me.

How did you get them for 88$ all in?

20$ off is 60$ per game?

Just a question, I am pretty curious and would like to get in on this :p

Renewed

I wish I noticed the $20 off $50 at shop.ca sooner. Then I would have used that on Mario Party 10 bundle and saved my Best Buy coupon for something like Xenoblade.

https://www.facebook.com/SHOPdotCA/app_411937712163373

Nothing for me on Shop.ca right now, but the code is good through May, so I'll hang on to it. Even at $40, I really don't feel like chancing it with Mario Party 10.

Yeah was gonna get Bloodborne but it appears to be out of stock. Gonna hold onto this until it's restocked then.

PS: So remember those Canada Post Parcel boxes they put inside apartment lobbies that was mentioned a while back? In the past month I've gotten several packages from Amazon, Ami Ami, and CDJapan, yet they have never used that parcel delivery box for my packages ONCE. It's like they just put it there just... Just because. Is it like... Something I have to specifically note before it ships or something?

I grabbed a copy of Bloodborne on Shop.ca, along with Mario Party, and neither of the product pages mention anything about a release date or them being preorders. What are the chances they get shipped out early?

I don't know how many times people need to keep saying it, but Target liquidation price drops are on Thursdays.

Games have consistently been 5% each week IIRC, so two days from now they'll be 30% off.

Thanks for posting, with my job I don't get on here that much so I've missed it previously if this was posted

jholmes

I was just in and the games section in my local Target has already been demolished, Blu-rays too. One day someone's going to get a great price on 700 copies of Frozen though.

QUESTION:

Best place to buy a 64gig Vita memory card? The last one I ordered from playasia I think. Not sure if it was the cheapest price, but they had it so that was the place I went with. Tried to load some new games on my vita tonight and didn't have enough space. Sure I could load some back onto my 32gig but that'll fill up quickly. So may as well get the 64 that I'll eventually need to upgrade to.

Top Bottom