• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Ventara

QUESTION:

Best place to buy a 64gig Vita memory card? The last one I ordered from playasia I think. Not sure if it was the cheapest price, but they had it so that was the place I went with. Tried to load some new games on my vita tonight and didn't have enough space. Sure I could load some back onto my 32gig but that'll fill up quickly. So may as well get the 64 that I'll eventually need to upgrade to.

The dollar being as weak as it is, I think buying from a Canadian store is best. I just checked on Amazon.ca and a third party seller is selling it for $103, shipping included.

QUESTION:

Best place to buy a 64gig Vita memory card? The last one I ordered from playasia I think. Not sure if it was the cheapest price, but they had it so that was the place I went with. Tried to load some new games on my vita tonight and didn't have enough space. Sure I could load some back onto my 32gig but that'll fill up quickly. So may as well get the 64 that I'll eventually need to upgrade to.

Seen people post about SuperUFO Japanese import - 64GB for $82.60

I would have bought by now if the dollar didn't go to complete shit.

Thanks.

Just snagged Bloodborne and FF Type 0 for $88 all in.

I was previously paying $55 for Bloodborne (E3) deal and around $68 with tax on Amazon for Type 0.

So about $123 versus $88.

That's a savings of about $35 for me.
Well. I just got an email from ebates and I'm also still getting $14 back from them despite using the $20 Facebook coupon. So the deal just got even better.

Basically FF type 0 and bloodborne for $74 shipped.

TimeKillr

I know some French games have PEGI logos on them because they used the same localization as in the European version. The French version of Pokémon HeartGold, for instance, has a PEGI logo on the box. The English one doesn't.

pokemonfrancais.jpg

Top left "Fr" is only found on North American copies. See the PEGI logo on the cover. I think they stopped doing this for a while now, at least Nintendo did. They must have realized it was wrong since we use ESRB here and PEGI means nothing.

It's not about them using the same localization, it's because Nintendo didn't want to produce Quebec-specific versions (I'm assuming).

So essentially what these versions are is *literally* France versions that sell here, since the DS was region-free. Ain't gonna see that anymore.

The dollar being as weak as it is, I think buying from a Canadian store is best. I just checked on Amazon.ca and a third party seller is selling it for $103, shipping included.

Seen people post about SuperUFO Japanese import - 64GB for $82.60

I would have bought by now if the dollar didn't go to complete shit.

I'd recommend SuperUFO, they are where I got my 64GB card from.

Thanks for the replies.

ahdurian

so I haven't been to Target since before the liquidation started.
Do you guys know if the discounts also work on the tablets/laptops/iPads, as well as things like PSTV?

I might swing by mine to see if they have any

Madouu

A follow up on this:

Thanks for the helpful replies guys.

I just called them. As expected, they had no MM LE to replace mine with. I was told I could send it for repairs but that if they couldn't change the screen, they would send me a replacement normal edition console. I refused politely and insisted on having my console repaired instead. At the end, they said they will repair it if possible or replace it with a LE if one is available by the time mine is sent. The employee put a note that it must not be replaced by a normal one that he read to me.

So yeah, hopefully they do repair it, I'll send it in sometime this week and I'll keep you updated.

I sent the console on the 18th of February to Nintendo's Vancouver facility through Purolator (they paid for the shipping). On the 25th it was marked as received on their website and I received a shipping notification for the repair order on Monday (March 2nd).

I just got the box today today and it seems I was lucky enough to get a replacement console for my MM LE with perfect screens. All in all, I'm pretty satisfied and relieved that the whole process went through without hiccups.

it's sold out

if I knew in the future I wasn't gonna use my dosh for Atelier Shallie digital, I would have never bought $60 PSN even if it was cheap.

for canada? it doesn't say sold out on my page.

I can't add it though because it says that I bought too many of them already, which I'm not a fan of.

"Item limit exceeded! You cannot purchase any more copies of that item" i had 1 in the cart

boooo

ohlawd

for canada? it doesn't say sold out on my page.

I can't add it though because it says that I bought too many of them already, which I'm not a fan of.

"Item limit exceeded! You cannot purchase any more copies of that item" i had 1 in the cart

boooo

oh didn't notice the country. yep still up for 7.49.

ahdurian

A follow up on this:

I sent the console on the 18th of February to Nintendo's Vancouver facility through Purolator (they paid for the shipping). On the 25th it was marked as received on their website and I received a shipping notification for the repair order on Monday (March 2nd).

I just got the box today today and it seems I was lucky enough to get a replacement console for my MM LE with perfect screens. All in all, I'm pretty satisfied and relieved that the whole process went through without hiccups.

that's awesome to hear.
im assuming you got really lucky that someone returned theirs so they gave you the replacement

zroid

Banned
Which Loblaws? The St Clair / Bathurst location closed down their electronic section over half a decade ago. :(

Richmond Hill store (Bayview / Hwy 7) still has a pretty substantial electronics section. I just wish they'd restock with new am***o, because I want to spend my PC Points on a couple. :C

Ondore

So now that NISA has confirmed the Wii version of Rodea the Sky Soldier comes with the 1st printing of the Wii U version, I'm justifying a $70+tax preorder on the grounds it's got two games.

Is this what we've come to?

zroid

Banned
So now that NISA has confirmed the Wii version of Rodea the Sky Soldier comes with the 1st printing of the Wii U version, I'm justifying a $70+tax preorder on the grounds it's got two games.

oh, nice

will pay whatever it costs. hopefully we'll be able to pre-order it with E3 discounts though. fortunately it was announced early.

I literally only heard of this game today, after seeing it on Amazon and doing some research. It looks...okay, like there might be something there. Is there reason to be excited?

ohlawd

I literally only heard of this game today, after seeing it on Amazon and doing some research. It looks...okay, like there might be something there. Is there reason to be excited?

dead game brought to life

from that one guy, Yuji Naka

gonna be rare as fuck

looks fun

IceIpor

Yep. Most things increased by 5% at Target. Some categories by 10%.

DVDs and music is at 50%. Party supplies at 50%.. Stationary at 40%. Lamps and shades at 40%.

That's all I remember.

khaaan

It may come back to the store so keep a look out.

I recall Sunset Overdrive disappearing for a while and then coming back before release.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep on checking. In the worst case scenario I'm at least kind of okay with paying the full amount. Kind of.

i-Jest

I'm tempted to go game hunting at my local Target but I'll wait until payday next week. There's a good chance nothing decent will be left by then though.

Top Bottom