• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

ohlawd

what

this is the second game CP had something out for delivery today but it changed to "redirected to new address" or whatever. the hell is happening?

DJ_Lae

It doesn't seem like DualShock 4 prices have gone up at Walmart or Costco yet.

Was just going to reply to your earlier post with a Costco mention - I was over there tonight and so, so tempted to buy one just because the price is going up.

I should have.

Was just going to reply to your earlier post with a Costco mention - I was over there tonight and so, so tempted to buy one just because the price is going up.

I should have.

Thanks. I appreciate the thought. It's really bugging me that prices are going up, because I can't work and am waiting to go on disability.

I'm going to get my friend to drive me to Costco like he's been wanting, if I need to, but will try Walmart first.

I should've kept the $39.99 one I picked up, as I could've exchanged it through Sony if it was defective. But my OCD got the better of me.

Naite

Anyone else preorder MKX from bestbuy and still not get it shipped yet? It was in stock earlier today but now it's back ordered.

At this point I'm thinking of ignoring this game and waiting for a komplete edition.

Edit: Got an automated email saying my order couldn't be processed because method of payment (PayPal) didn't go through, even though my PayPal worked just fine a few weeks ago for bloodborne.

I tried to switch to my credit card but their shitty site won't let me so I have to find some time between work to remember to call them up and fix things.

Anyone else preorder MKX from bestbuy and still not get it shipped yet? It was in stock earlier today but now it's back ordered.

At this point I'm thinking of ignoring this game and waiting for a komplete edition.

I pre-ordered it as part of the E3 deal from BB. Apparently it's out for delivery right now finally. I didn't wait. Once I realized it wasn't going to get to me on release day (and I had no idea WHEN it would get to me), I pre-ordered the premium edition on PSN a couple of hours before release.

It's still worth getting despite all that microtransaction shittiness IMO.

frequency

what

this is the second game CP had something out for delivery today but it changed to "redirected to new address" or whatever. the hell is happening?

I've had that happen a few times and I complained to the ombudsman about it. After several months I finally got this long official report about the examples I provided them with super detailed information about what happened to each one. It was so impressively detailed about every step of the way I kind of felt bad about complaining...

"Redirected to new address" means it was sent on the wrong delivery route and had to go back to the sorting facility.

Basically human error.

It should come in the next day or two.

ohlawd

yeah I know what it means after it happened the first time

sigh. Never had this problem for 2-3 years then it happens twice in a row. still, alright. I don't want CP to send me a message back seeped in ehter.

cameron

Apr 16 - 22: The Order 1886 will be $29.96 ($40 off) @ Walmart

4zqEmBQ.png

Tempting. But not sure if want.

explodet

It doesn't seem like DualShock 4 prices have gone up at Walmart or Costco yet.
I hope they don't go up tomorrow, I don't have time to grab one today and I want to a) pricematch the Costco price at Best Buy and b) use up some of these Future Shop gift cards.

My R1 button is sticking and forward on the left analog stick is starting to give out.

Magnus

$75 for PS4 controllers? Bwahaha. When I eventually buy a second, I'll probably just pick up a used one for $40 at Game Centre or something.

$75 for PS4 controllers? Bwahaha. When I eventually buy a second, I'll probably just pick up a used one for $40 at Game Centre or something.

Maybe they'll go on sale?

I wouldn't want to buy a used controller. Who knows how well worn they are, if there's anything wrong with them (or close to it), how clean they are, etc.

People abuse their stuff.

Maybe they'll go on sale?

I wouldn't want to buy a used controller. Who knows how well worn they are, if there's anything wrong with them (or close to it), how clean they are, etc.

People abuse their stuff.

I buy used stuff all the time. Just test the controller first.

Edit: As someone who doesn't own a PS4 and only knows what he reads from the Internets, my only concern would be I hear Dualshock 4's have crappy durability. And are they not warrantied anyway? So buying new has no advantage over used in that sense? I could be wrong about that one.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
4zqEmBQ.png

Tempting. But not sure if want.
Yeah, waiting myself. 20 is the sweet spot.

Edit: As someone who doesn't own a PS4 and only knows what he reads from the Internets, my only concern would be I hear Dualshock 4's have crappy durability. And are they not warrantied anyway? So buying new has no advantage over used in that sense? I could be wrong about that one.
I know the console pack in has a 1 year warranty. They used to have a problem with the rubber on the sticks peeling off, but that seems to have been fixed.

Jo-El

I had to send in two just recently for peeling rubber on the sticks. I take excellent care of them yet they still peeled. One of them was a bit older, but the the other I only picked up in November. I can't believe they still haven't fixed this :(
The replacements they sent better not do this again. They make you pay for shipping even if they're under warranty(you get a year).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I had to send in two just recently for peeling rubber on the sticks. I take excellent care of them yet they still peeled. One of them was a bit older, but the the other I only picked up in November. I can't believe they still haven't fixed this :(
The replacements they sent better not do this again. They make you pay for shipping even if they're under warranty(you get a year).
The white one I bought at the last sale seems to be holding up, but now that I have two, I rotate between the two sticks.

Ah okay. It sucks that happens so much. It used to be you buy first party because it'll last forever and third party if you don't care if stuff like this will happen. I guess this'll be something I'll worry about when I eventually get a PS4.

Ondore

NOT A DEAL

The new StreetPass game pricing:
- $6.29 ea
- $9.99 for both, $8.69 if you bought one of the first four games
- $6.29 for StreetPass Premium

NOT A DEAL

The new StreetPass game pricing:
- $6.29 ea
- $9.99 for both, $8.69 if you bought one of the first four games
- $6.29 for StreetPass Premium

No cheaper pricing for people who haven't bought anything before? aww. Was hoping for a super bundle with everything.

explodet

Figures that DS4 deal would hit just when I get back from Best Buy.
Pricematched Walmart's price of $65, they don't pricematch Costco, the punks.

diaspora

Battlefront being confirmed for November 2015 means that we'll all be able to take advantage of the 30% off preorder bonus come E3
provided they run it again.

Top Bottom