• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Maximus.

I had to send in two just recently for peeling rubber on the sticks. I take excellent care of them yet they still peeled. One of them was a bit older, but the the other I only picked up in November. I can't believe they still haven't fixed this :(
The replacements they sent better not do this again. They make you pay for shipping even if they're under warranty(you get a year).

My launch PS4 DS4 left stick is starting to peel and get worn down. Take great care of my devices and definitely have not abused the controller in any way. Pretty disappointed with the quality of the sticks and to hear it hasn't been fixed. Really hope they release a new controller with a new battery that lasts longer than 5 hours and fixes the stick issue (also red would be nice!).

Sora_N

My black system controller died. The rubber crumbled off.

Before I quit my job at Shoppers my manager let me buy a damaged box blue one for $20. The sticks feel like they will do the same thing soon...:/

N° 2048

RELATIVE DEAL

DS4s for $54.99 at NCIX:
White
Blue

via GameDealsCanada

How come the discount is not applying when I check out?

HURRY! Limited quantities available at this price! To qualify, please add to your cart at the above price and check out as soon as possible. This special price will be reserved ONLY after you have completed your order. No rainchecks or price matches at this special pricing.

Bit confused.

Tiktaalik

Randomly walked into an EB and found a Gamecube adaptor so they're out there I guess..

I basically just bought it because it's rare.

What other games this work for other than Smash?

Ledhead

Battlefront being confirmed for November 2015 means that we'll all be able to take advantage of the 30% off preorder bonus come E3
provided they run it again.

Please let this happen again. I'm still waiting for games I got on last year's 30% deal

Kieli

Instead of replacing the controller, wouldn't it be possible to buy replacement sticks?

Then unscrew the controller and swap them out.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Randomly walked into an EB and found a Gamecube adaptor so they're out there I guess..

I basically just bought it because it's rare.

What other games this work for other than Smash?

All the gamecube library, if you have the hardware to backup your GC discs... Nintendont is incredible.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Instead of replacing the controller, wouldn't it be possible to buy replacement sticks?

Then unscrew the controller and swap them out.
Yes, there are people who put in Xbox One controller sticks into the Dualshock 4 because they prefer those sticks.

No_Style

Week of 17 - 23 Round-up is live! - http://gamedealscanada.com/deals

Yes, there are people who put in Xbox One controller sticks into the Dualshock 4 because they prefer those sticks.

I did that with one of my controllers but it's just a little bit higher so that it doesn't feel as comfortable as a DS4's sticks. I haven't used that DS4 since I replaced its sticks. Maybe it'll be fine if I used it more but I really wish someone would make those sticks at the exact millimeter perfect height.

I bought a controller the other night. Walmart hadn't raised its prices, and I had a bit of credit.

I don't like the camo one, and don't get why it's more expensive than the others. It would be fine if it didn't have camo shaped after the DS4 itself on three different areas.

Went with white

iLLmAtlc

Uh oh amazon has a type-0 standard edition at 60. Wonder if day 1 copies are running out.

Stinks there hasn't been a sale on it yet

Week of 17 - 23 Round-up is live! - http://gamedealscanada.com/deals

I did that with one of my controllers but it's just a little bit higher so that it doesn't feel as comfortable as a DS4's sticks. I haven't used that DS4 since I replaced its sticks. Maybe it'll be fine if I used it more but I really wish someone would make those sticks at the exact millimeter perfect height.

The Order already at $29.99

Nice, how low can you go! How low can you go!

Ventara

Just found out the CN $ went up .8 cents yesterday, and iirc it went up more than 1 cent the day before. It actually closed at above 82 cents yesterday. Is this a sign that we might be on our way back up, or is this just a blip of some sort?

mdubs

Banned
Just found out the CN $ went up .8 cents yesterday, and iirc it went up more than 1 cent the day before. It actually closed at above 82 cents yesterday. Is this a sign that we might be on our way back up, or is this just a blip of some sort?

It may stick around this level if we're lucky, but don't get your hopes up for continued increases I'd say

zroid

Banned
NEW DEAL(?)

apparently Toys R Us is selling certain Skylanders for $3.87. Does anyone still collect Skylanders?

edit: "Light Core" Skylanders... whatever that means!

BadWolf

*fingers crossed*

N° 2048

Watch_Dogs is a great game!

Please don't fall into the "bullshot" and "this isn't GTA" bull shit. So tired of seeing that even when the game is $20 and $15.

I still want to 100% the game some day. Great deal for $15. Get it now! (if you like open world games)

iiicon

NEW DEAL(?)

apparently Toys R Us is selling certain Skylanders for $3.87. Does anyone still collect Skylanders?

edit: "Light Core" Skylanders... whatever that means!
I think those are the ones that have lights on the bottom? But cool, my nephew loves Skylanders. I'll swing by TRU after work and pick him up a couple.

Sajjaja

Watch_Dogs is a great game!

Please don't fall into the "bullshot" and "this isn't GTA" bull shit. So tired of seeing that even when the game is $20 and $15.

I still want to 100% the game some day. Great deal for $15. Get it now! (if you like open world games)

I wouldn't say great. It's good. Worth that 15-20 dollars price tag. It is limited in terms of what you can do in the open world.

My launch PS4 DS4 left stick is starting to peel and get worn down. Take great care of my devices and definitely have not abused the controller in any way. Pretty disappointed with the quality of the sticks and to hear it hasn't been fixed. Really hope they release a new controller with a new battery that lasts longer than 5 hours and fixes the stick issue (also red would be nice!).

I've had to replace the sticks on all 3 launch ds4's and the L/R triggers on one of them. I got the parts for a few bucks on ebay, and so far they have lasted longer than original.

They also have different colored sticks too which is kinda cool. No way I was paying $70 for a new one when $2 in parts could fix it =P

Top Bottom