• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

This is one hell of a longshot, but:

Does anyone know if there's a book or magazine store/chain in Canada (Toronto hopefully) that sells Retro Gamer Magazine?

I actually renewed my library card after like 20 years just so I could read it for free online, but I would love to get a physical copy of it every month.

kennah

Does anyone know if there's a book or magazine store/chain in Canada (Toronto hopefully) that sells Retro Gamer Magazine?

I actually renewed my library card after like 20 years just so I could read it for free online, but I would love to get a physical copy of it every month.
Love that mag. Not super helpful but I'm sure there is a place in Winnipeg that sells it. Try bookshops in different language districts, maybe they could import it for you.

I recall World's Biggest Bookstore carrying foreign mags but that was eons ago. Once in a while Chapters can have stuff like that.

I know I have seen them on shelves before but it isn't consistent.

canonj

My sister is interested in getting a 3DS or 2DS and Animal Crossing. What would be the best option for her? Based on the outrageous Amazon prices for the Animal Crossing themed 3DS XL I assume that those will be hard to come by now, so perhaps a cheap 2DS is the best option since she doesn't care about 3D.

tsundoku

My sister is interested in getting a 3DS or 2DS and Animal Crossing. What would be the best option for her? Based on the outrageous Amazon prices for the Animal Crossing themed 3DS XL I assume that those will be hard to come by now, so perhaps a cheap 2DS is the best option since she doesn't care about 3D.
The 3d really doesn't contribute to that game and 2dses have the best price point in stores at the moment. With the recent switch to n3dsxl for some early (crazy) adopters you might find a 3ds or 3dsxl on craigslist or similar with a couple games loaded onto it or for a better price then new 2dses

Mr.Towel

Yeah, check whatever Chapters is close to you. We only get a couple copies of the issues, and we might get it later than the digital edition because it has to get shipped from the UK, but they normally are available.

Love that mag. Not super helpful but I'm sure there is a place in Winnipeg that sells it. Try bookshops in different language districts, maybe they could import it for you.

I recall World's Biggest Bookstore carrying foreign mags but that was eons ago. Once in a while Chapters can have stuff like that.

I know I have seen them on shelves before but it isn't consistent.

I've frequently seen Retro Gamer at Chapters/Indigo.

Yeah, check whatever Chapters is close to you. We only get a couple copies of the issues, and we might get it later than the digital edition because it has to get shipped from the UK, but they normally are available.

Looks like I'm heading to my local chapters. Thanks a lot guys!

best pre-order deal for Mortal Kombat X that I see for Xbox One is the Microsoft Store... full price but has a $10 gift card thrown in. anyone see anything better?

edit: nevermind it's out of stock. fuuuuuuck

In case anyone plans to buy MKX this week and missed out on any deal, I just noticed that Walmart does the same, 10$ GC when you buy the game.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Really. There were several times I would have bought stuff at Target if I could have done it from the website. There wasn't one anywhere around here.
I'm the same way. I would have loved to have bought from Target but there wasn't a single one near me.

Not gaming, but $3 movies on cineplex.com:

1. Pick a family favourite movie on the website (screenings are 11am on Saturday at select theatres).
2. Buy 1 ticket and use Visa Checkout (you can link a Visa/MC to it). Cost is $3.
3. On your emailed confirmation PDF, there's a code on the last page for a free general admission for future use.
4. Use the code on any upcoming movie.

Code expires August 3.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is Target still around at the moment, or have they completely shut down?

Oh dope, thought I had a bit more time and wanted to do a final pass. Oh well.

kennah

just go to the saturday showtimes and you'll see it

Yep. Seems i'm taking my kid to Ninja Turtles on June 13th. :)

EDIT: FYI - you can use this trick more than once. I did a separate checkout for each of our tickets and got two codes for free movies. This is totally exploitable.

kennah

I'm looking at the last page but I'm not seeing a code

Is it a different code from the Family Favourite?

It's hard to see, it's right in between the ads on the last page.

ALSO FUCKING L O L. I just redeemed my Visa Check Out Code to go see D-Box Furious 7 today, and got ANOTHER free movie code for using Visa Check Out.

EDIT: Whoop, no I didn't (even though it told me I would during checkout)

Still no MKX email for me... On my actual order it makes it sound like they dont know the release date by showing that the item will ship for free by January... :S yet they show a release date of April 14th right above that.

Still no MKX email for me... On my actual order it makes it sound like they dont know the release date by showing that the item will ship for free by January... :S yet they show a release date of April 14th right above that.

Who did you order MKX from?

Personally I got mine from shop.ca and it still says supplier processing for me. Hopefully it decides to show up tomorrow. God damn it I can't believe they use UPS and I can't believe UPS can't just shove the game in my mailbox. Won't be able to play until Wednesday

Who did you order MKX from?

Personally I got mine from shop.ca and it still says supplier processing for me. Hopefully it decides to show up tomorrow. God damn it I can't believe they use UPS and I can't believe UPS can't just shove the game in my mailbox. Won't be able to play until Wednesday

Mine was ordered from Future shop (Best Buy) when they had their E3 promo.

Edit: Just received the following email from Best Buy

"Unfortunately, there has been an unexpected delay shipping Mortal Kombat X from our warehouse, however, we expect to have the problem addressed today and the units to begin shipping on Tuesday April 14th.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding."

It's hard to see, it's right in between the ads on the last page.

ALSO FUCKING L O L. I just redeemed my Visa Check Out Code to go see D-Box Furious 7 today, and got ANOTHER free movie code for using Visa Check Out.

EDIT: Whoop, no I didn't (even though it told me I would during checkout)
Checked again and still not seeing it. Oh well, it was only three bucks. I'll just pretend I drank coffee or something.

Top Bottom