• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Any thoughts on Need for Speed Rivals? It's on sale at WalMart this week for $29.99 and just wondering if it's worth it.

That's too much.

It was a PS4 launch game. $19.99 at most.

It's a really good game but you should be able to get a better deal on it.

IF you were planning on getting the Xbone version I would suggest putting that money towards EA Access and getting all the other games, including NFS, that come with that service.

kennah

Well that was disappointing. Went to see Furious 7 with D-Box, and the moving seats weren't used at all during the movie. What a waste of the upgrade fee. Complaining to Cineplex through social media, hopefully I get a free ticket or something out of this. I would've just sat in my normal seat (near the front) instead of at the back in the reserved ones. Has anyone else been to D-Box Furious 7? Was it just not turned on for my showing or does the movie straight up not have it?

Well that was disappointing. Went to see Furious 7 with D-Box, and the moving seats weren't used at all during the movie. What a waste of the upgrade fee. Complaining to Cineplex through social media, hopefully I get a free ticket or something out of this. I would've just sat in my normal seat (near the front) instead of at the back in the reserved ones. Has anyone else been to D-Box Furious 7? Was it just not turned on for my showing or does the movie straight up not have it?

Did you try telling them at the theater? They are usually good about handing out free tickets when malfunctions like that happen.

Complain to the management in person? That's what I would do.

All these MKX shipped posts

Here I am processing my own despair with thoughts of "WAS IT REALLY WORTH SAVING $10"

SzghUgK.png

Shop.ca?

You will probably get your shipping notice tomorrow.

They always send me my shipping notice a day after it actually ships, on release day.

Huh, that's really weird. Despair averted. My hype for MKX is slowly consuming me I guess.

Speaking of MKX. Amazon.ca still has MKX KE's available... For Xbox One. $159.99.

terrible

Banned
I have only used shop.ca twice for pre-orders but I got both of them day 1. That's a small sample size but they seem surprisingly reliable.

Joeku

Weird, my Paypal MKX Futureshop order didn't ship. Says it didn't go through. First time that's happened with Paypal there...anyone with random insight? I hope it'll be as straightforward as going to pick up a Best Buy gift card, but I'm so goddamn tired of the BB/FS online system arbitrarily not working sometimes, especially when I can't just go fulfill the preorder price in store. So roundabout.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Did Best Buy send out any codes for Goro yet? My copy is out for delivery, but I've got no code yet, and they're not included in the box. :(

Edit: Scratch that, the Goro code did come on the box after all.

Thought a PS4 controller for $64.99 was bad? They're now $74.99...

Seriously? Argh...

I wish I wouldn't have returned the $40 one I got from Walmart, because I didn't have a need for it right now and figured they'd go on sale again. I only have the one. Stupid, stupid me.

(My OCD makes me want to keep things perfect until I need them and take great care to keep dust and grime off afterwards. So, I would've likely kept it in its package, and didn't want to open it to find that it was defective/out of warranty.)

All I know of so far is that Walmart will give you a 10$ GC when you buy it there.

Thanks for the tip! Hmm still thinking to wait this one out, $80 all in even with a gc is really pricey. Maybe a price drop in a month or two.

(Anyone in toronto with an e3 order and buyers remorse message me, $50)

I saw DualShock 4s for $58.99 on Amazon, but it's through a seller. Would I still get a warranty if I purchased it that way, through Amazon? Or would it be through the vendor?

I've never dealt with this type of thing and can't stop obsessing over the price change since I'm cheap. lol

Zing

Banned
I just bought two Wii U GameCube adapters at the Aurora, Ontario EB Games store. They have a few left. Check your local stores if you need one.

Any deals on controllers?

Wow, I was just at Superstore, and they have a huge stack of Nintendo DS Lite systems in various colours, as well as a stack of DSi systems. They also have the launch Cosmo black 3DS package. What the hell? It's like travelling back in time.

Sealtest

Anyone see the price of the new guitar hero bundle?

I don't get why they're charging $129.99 for it in Canada when it's only $99 US. Are they just trying to bleed more money from us because noone questions it?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
The Evil Within PS4/XBO is $29.99 at amazon.ca and Best Buy. Worth it?

Oooh yes! While not as incredible as Resident Evil 4, it still feels like a spiritual successor. I really enjoyed it despite some rough edges.

Rione

They round, and it could be $130 or more when it's released.

Usually the last digit would be need to be greater than 5 to round up to $130 dollars ... either that or apparently I don't understand basic math.

But I don't think the price will fluctuate much in fact the dollar has been pretty stagnate for last few weeks.

Enilced2

Okay so after talking with Best Buys customer service they cancelled my online E3 preorder for MK X and let me pick it up in a store near by for the same price I was getting. They are actually all kinds of awesome

koopas

I just bought two Wii U GameCube adapters at the Aurora, Ontario EB Games store. They have a few left. Check your local stores if you need one.

Any deals on controllers?

Wow, I was just at Superstore, and they have a huge stack of Nintendo DS Lite systems in various colours, as well as a stack of DSi systems. They also have the launch Cosmo black 3DS package. What the hell? It's like travelling back in time.
is this the superstore in aurora? wouldn't mind grabbing a lite.

Surprised at Guitar Hero Live coming to Wii U...

Anyways, we're paying a $30 premium over the US version, which is more than just buying it in the states.

$129.99 for the game... Get bent, Activision.

Surprised at Guitar Hero Live coming to Wii U...

Anyways, we're paying a $30 premium over the US version, which is more than just buying it in the states.

$129.99 for the game... Get bent, Activision.

They probably baked in the cost for shipping from the US to distributors in Canada too since the controller probably ups the case weight for shipping quite a bit.

big_z

Wow never got a shipping notice for my E3 Best Buy preorder of MKX and now I'm being told they are out of stock great.

Mine still says the same for both Xbox and ps4 versions although the site says in stock online. I contacted them and they said they fucked up at the warehouse and it should ship today sometime. My games always ship from the Vancouver warehouse so I'm curious if anyone in western canada had theirs ship. I wonder if they'll compensate.

Top Bottom