• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I dont know....maybe I just got a bad pizza but the last time i had Domino's (2 years ago probably), it was the most bland and lifeless pizza I had ever eaten. I ate 2 pieces and threw out the rest. Only pizza ever threw out

I'm pretty sure they changed the recipe in the last year or so.

It's pretty good, but their cheesy/garlic/parmesan breads are really bland.

RS4-

Dominos was amazing when they had the $5 combo: personal sized pizza + cheesy bread + pop.

And I think $7 walk in large?

Pizzas ok though.

Roto13

I used to order from Domino's but after a couple of times of their illiterate delivery drone giving me lip, I stopped ordering. Fuckstain would call me and whine that I didn't give them my buzzer number and then I'd get the pizza box and the number would be printed on the label.

The pizza itself was always ok though. They had some good deals.

UberTag

The former is $1 more than the exchange rate so I get it. $79.99 doesn't make sense though.
It makes perfect sense if they want to extort Day 1 customers as much as possible and figure that anyone that's going to pay $74.99 will probably be stupid enough to pay $79.99.

diaspora

It makes perfect sense if they want to extort Day 1 customers as much as possible and figure that anyone that's going to pay $74.99 will probably be stupid enough to pay $79.99.

It makes sense because it's almost the same as the dollar value of the game in the US.

Shot in the dark question. Are there any deals on the N3DS XL right now anywhere? I just realized I'm picking up a good amount of 3DS games next month, and I also got my vacation pay this week. So now I guess I can justify that N3DS purchase.

On PSN they are basically charging the amount for tax without charging tax now.

Is the Xbox One at $69.99 still?

It's been that way on PSN for a while.

For example I bought COD AW on PSN last year for $69.99. That might as well be the game at retail for $59.99 plus tax anyway so I didn't feel bad getting it at full price like that.

But god damn I really didn't think I was gonna skip out on COD Black Ops 3 this year... And the reason is the fucking $79.99 price point. I can't remotely that purchase at that price.

Ondore

Shot in the dark question. Are there any deals on the N3DS XL right now anywhere? I just realized I'm picking up a good amount of 3DS games next month, and I also got my vacation pay this week. So now I guess I can justify that N3DS purchase.

If you have a Superstore near you that does games, and this is YMMV...

Not sure how much a deal it is, but superstore has the n3ds for $194.64

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is the Disney Infinity Marvel Starter Pack worth $39.99 (originally $74.99) ? Not sure if I should keep waiting or get it now.
The Star Wars announcement is around the corner, but it'll probably be a while until it goes lower.

How much you like it depends on how much you like Disney fanservice and the Marvel characters. I enjoy it, got plenty of hours out of it, but I'm also a huge Marvel fan as well.

curb

Banned
How much you like it depends on how much you like Disney fanservice and the Marvel characters. I enjoy it, got plenty of hours out of it, but I'm also a huge Marvel fan as well.

Same here. It's not the best game but for some reasons
*cough* Marvel
I keep going back to it.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Panago is top tier. They take their sweet ass time making the pizzas though.

i-Jest

DEAL!!!!!

So there's a PSN sale going on and some titles look mighty attractive. Under Night In-Birth currently going for $23.99 . That's awfully close to the first PS+ sale discount price they had before adjusting it.

😞 😣

kennah

Holy shit how long is this on for? There's a Superstore that's a 15-20 minute bus ride away from me.
Where are you? The ones I saw were at the St Anne's superstore in Winnipeg. They had two. I can't remember which colours.

Lots of random games on sale too. Nothing jumped out at me since I'm still a Gen behind. Almost bought the $212 TLOU PS3 bundle.

Achtius

Don't think it will get cheaper but I think it had poor reception so there is a chance.

The Star Wars announcement is around the corner, but it'll probably be a while until it goes lower.

Thanks.

I still have one or two days to think about it, but based on your posts, I probably will get it.

Mikey Jr.

Dominoes was bad when I got it a few months back. Never again.

Hard to describe why I hate it. It was very saucy, and the sauce itself wasn't good.

For me PizzaPizza is still the best chain pizza place.

Venezia Pizza in Brampton is the best though.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
So there's a PSN sale going on and some titles look mighty attractive. Under Night In-Birth currently going for $23.99. That's awfully close to the first PS+ sale discount price they had before adjusting it.

Listen to this man, UNIEL is amazing.

Dominoes was bad when I got it a few months back. Never again.

Hard to describe why I hate it. It was very saucy, and the sauce itself wasn't good.

Venezia Pizza in Brampton is the best though.

image.php

Must be nice living in this alternate reality where Pizza Pizza is good.

Roto13

Jesus.

Pizza Pizza is like the McDonald's of pizza. If you're in the mood for a burger, you don't go to McDonald's, and if you're in the mood for pizza, you don't go to Pizza Pizza. You go to those places because they're convenient and cheap.

Madness

Black Ops 3 went up for pre order on PSN. $79.99.

Battlefront also got a price increase to 79 99.

Just means RIP Canadian retailers. If it's going to cost me $7 cheaper to buy games from the US, I'll save all my game buying for a trip down south and buy them there.

It especially makes no sense for digital games to get that kind of increase, since there is no manufacturing, no transport, no retail space, no cost of production for them to say they need to increase.

We're back to the era of almost $90 games with tax. Think about it, for anyone who lives close to the border. $79.99 becomes like $66.46 usd. So it's $6.47 cheaper to buy a game in the US. Inversely, $59.99 usd becomes $72.21, so about $7.79 more expensive. Plus we have higher tax. I'd rather get family to bring and buy me games up and pay them the equivalent exchange rate etc.

Black Ops 3 went up for pre order on PSN. $79.99.

Battlefront also got a price increase to 79 99.

Yeeeep I'm out. I can't even justify this price for Metal Gear or Persona 5. I used to buy all my games digitally on PSN because they don't charge tax, but $80 is too much for any one game. We are getting dangerously close to $100+ N64 era of game prices in Canada. This is a race I want absolutely no part in.

Kr0ni

Neo Member
Just means RIP Canadian retailers. If it's going to cost me $7 cheaper to buy games from the US, I'll save all my game buying for a trip down south and buy them there.

It especially makes no sense for digital games to get that kind of increase, since there is no manufacturing, no transport, no retail space, no cost of production for them to say they need to increase.

We're back to the era of almost $90 games with tax. Think about it, for anyone who lives close to the border. $79.99 becomes like $66.46 usd. So it's $6.47 cheaper to buy a game in the US. Inversely, $59.99 usd becomes $72.21, so about $7.79 more expensive. Plus we have higher tax. I'd rather get family to bring and buy me games up and pay them the equivalent exchange rate etc.

$79.99 is just over $90 on the Rock.. Hopefully BestBuy/Amazon have the e3 deal again, I guess we will be looking at $59.99 as the discounted price if we are lucky.

Lexxism

Damn. The $ is almost 100 Yen. Too bad my order this month was changed for June release. I really hope the $ will still be the same by June T__T

antibolo

Banned
Kind of a crapshoot but I'm gonna ask here anyway: I want to order stuff from Amazon Japan and apparently their only option for international shipping is DHL. I'm worried that DHL will charge me insane brokerage fees like they usually do. Does anyone here know if that's the case?

Lexxism

Kind of a crapshoot but I'm gonna ask here anyway: I want to order stuff from Amazon Japan and apparently their only option for international shipping is DHL. I'm worried that DHL will charge me insane brokerage fees like they usually do. Does anyone here know if that's the case?

I guess so. I remember ordering something from HK and the value was around $50. They charged me around $23 fees. Pretty much half what I paid. lol

antibolo

Banned
I guess so. I remember ordering something from HK and the value was around $50. They charged me around $23 fees. Pretty much half what I paid. lol

Yeah, I won't take that chance. The way DHL fucked me over every time I ordered from Thinkgeek has made me learn to avoid them at all costs (and therefore stop ordering from Thinkgeek full stop).

I envy those Americans who order with DHL and apparently never get charged fees on delivery...

Top Bottom