• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Umibozu

Anyone know where I can find the Super Retro Trio in Toronto? Everyone seems to only carry the Retron.
I know it's not Toronto but I got mine at gamestreet in Mississauga, it was at rockwood mall at dixie and rathburn. You can call them to see if they have any in their store and I think their website sell those as well

Tik-Tok

I went ahead and bought the USFIV Mad Catz Round 2 stick from ncix Canada posted here a few pages back

http://search.ncix.com/products/?sku=SY5482585

It is in fact the Rivals version arcade stick:

http://store.madcatz.com/categories...-Tournament-Edition-2-for-PS4-PS3-RIVALS.html

I am not really liking the orange and yellow buttons but it is easy to customize it compared to past models. Although I just found out that the Mad Catz store does not ship buttons or parts to Canada anymore. I will have to use a package forwarding service like gamesforcanada for that if the parts go back in stock that is.

The buttons are Standard Sanwa 30 MM buttons and you can use either the standard snapin or screw in ones or even replace with Seimetsu ones if you prefer.

Theres a lot of places on the internet to order them from such as http://www.canadianjoysticks.com/ or Arcade Shock or even the Playdium store for pickup if you're in GTA. I think they deliver too.

I still think mine is fairly accurate:

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 6: Fuck This.
Deals? What deals? I can't afford a damn thing.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yep, Hamilton is good and when I was in Mississauga their selection was also very good.

Obviously Toronto has so many branches that it might be hard logistically, but if you guys want games, why don't you ask the TPL about it?
Or just bother Quad of Toronto-GAF.

NEW DEAL @ Best Buy

PS4 Arkham Bundle (with TLoU:R and 3-months of PS+) $449
DS4 controllers $50 (save an extra $5 online with promo code RZPS4)
MLB 15 $30 (save an extra $5 online with promo code RZPS4)
Gold headset $90 (save an extra $5 online with promo code RZPS4)

MarkusRJR

Does anyone have one of those codes for shop.ca? My dad was looking to buy something from them but I remember they have like constant $30-$50 off coupons so I told him to hold off for now.

Where would I find one of those codes? Never really bought anything from shop.ca so I don't really know.

Tuck

NEW DEAL @ Best Buy

Might grab the ps4, though it's be the older model right? Is the difference big enough to make it worth waiting?

@Wreck

Might grab the ps4, though it's be the older model right? Is the difference big enough to make it worth waiting?

it looks like a CUH-1100 i think it was slightly improved wifi

I have a launch which is a CUH-1000

i think new models will be CUH-12XX less power usage (rumoured(not confirmed, cause not out yet?) cheaper parts)

i think the sweet spot might be the CUH-1100 (last of us model)

this is what i have gleamed from my cursory reading while looking for new models

Vinc

PS4 controller is sold out everywhere :(

Looking for a black one and a white one... could I price match with Walmart with the promo code on top of that?

kennah

PS4 controller is sold out everywhere :(

Looking for a black one and a white one... could I price match with Walmart with the promo code on top of that?
I have a black one that I picked up on sale that I used for literally long enough to see that it doesnt completely work on my ps3 the way I thought it would. Would sell it shipped in box and with receipt for $55

Long shot - anyone in Winnipeg have a wii u they want to sell?

Brofield

it looks like a CUH-1100 i think it was slightly improved wifi

I have a launch which is a CUH-1000

i think new models will be CUH-12XX less power usage (rumoured(not confirmed, cause not out yet?) cheaper parts)

i think the sweet spot might be the CUH-1100 (last of us model)

this is what i have gleamed from my cursory reading while looking for new models

Was gonna ask the same question, so thanks for this. It's a Flash Sale for Best Buy today only, so shit or get off the pot anyone who is still debating it.

NolbertoS

Yikes haven't bought a game in Canada in months. Too bad there isn't like a gaming selling site that could sell games at a cheaper cost than Canada (eg GCU prices on $20-30 U.S. Games). Even with the CDN dollar in a slump, gonna wait for Black Friday at this point. Hang tight Canada GAF

MARNEY

Does anyone have one of those codes for shop.ca? My dad was looking to buy something from them but I remember they have like constant $30-$50 off coupons so I told him to hold off for now.

Where would I find one of those codes? Never really bought anything from shop.ca so I don't really know.
I just googled it, found a 50$ off 175$ purchase last month. Give it a try...

Tuck

Was gonna ask the same question, so thanks for this. It's a Flash Sale for Best Buy today only, so shit or get off the pot anyone who is still debating it.

:O Oh snap, I didn't know that. In store too or just online?

I was hoping to have a few days to mull it over!!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I need to buy something, I am going into shopping withdrawal. I spent all morning browsing kijiji because I need to just buy SOMETHING. Looking at books now.

Damn these prices.

MikeyMike

NEW DEAL @ Best Buy

Grabbed a new DS4... thanks a lot for the info!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I bought a DS4 when they were released for like 35 bucks. Jeeze, this really is it isn't it? This is our future? It's dark.

ohlawd

lol I thought it was the silver LE bundle. then again, if it were, people would be making noise. I'll stay on the pot. the game I want the system for isn't even out in Japan yet and the English version will be out early 2016 probably

Sony's not gonna do a deal on BF if our dollar keeps sucking, yeah? lol

NEW DEAL @ Best Buy

... I kinda wanna buy the Playstation Gold Headset. I've been looking for a good wireless headset under or around $100, and my choices were that one, or the Corsair H2100.

Mimosa97

... I kinda wanna buy the Playstation Gold Headset. I've been looking for a good wireless headset under or around $100, and my choices were that one, or the Corsair H2100.

I bought it for 80$ on amazon to replace my old PS3 official headset (that lasted 5 years) and I can tell you it's not worth 20$. It's cheaply built, not comfortable at all (that fake leather ugh) and the sound is absolutely terrible.

I didn't return it because I'm a lazy bum and I needed it to talk to my friends while playing online.

Save your money.

I bought it for 80$ on amazon to replace my old PS3 official headset (that lasted 5 years) and I can tell you it's not worth 20$. It's cheaply built, not comfortable at all (that fake leather ugh) and the sound is absolutely terrible.

I didn't return it because I'm a lazy bum and I needed it to talk to my friends while playing online.

Save your money.

Yeah I did some quick googling and from the looks of it they are decent wireless headphones but the build quality and microphone is all shoddy

Guess I'll hold out for the Playstation 'Platinum' headphones if those are ever a thing

the3ye

Save your money.

I miss Target. I paid $30(or less?) for that.
Not worth $100

Dot-N-Run

Looks like the DS4s from Best Buy are all sold out online. Even when reserving in store I can only seem to find the blue and camo controllers.

Looks like the DS4s from Best Buy are all sold out online. Even when reserving in store I can only seem to find the blue and camo controllers.

Reserved one of each, went to pick them up and found two black controllers on the shelf. Not sure why they didn't show as in stock online so make sure you check when you go to pick up.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I prefer a wide range of colours for my controllers. It probably has a lot to do with growing up during the Play It Loud Game Boy phase and Nintendo 64 controllers. None of my brightly coloured controllers show anymore wear than their black counterparts. I'd only be wary of white, depending on the plastic, for stains. Of course, I say this as a guy who imported a white Gamecube Smash controller.

Top Bottom