• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Rione

56 cents? WTF?!

Yeah I don't buy it ... that would be a record for the lowest value of our currency ever, and the lowest value our currency has ever had is 61.79 cents USD. I could see it hitting 60-65 cents ... but not lower than that. If it did ... I guess I could push rocks with sticks. That's always fun.

poodpick

Right now I think the consensus is .74 with the potential for further drops when Iranian oil storage and production come online after sanctions are dropped. They have about 40 millions barrels just sitting in storage because they've been pumping regardless of sanctions.

Has anyone heard anything about EB Games getting Super Mario Maker? It's still not listed on their site so I can't preorder it. Is it Best Buy and Amazon exclusive in Canada?

mdubs

Banned
Since EB doesn't guarantee prices when you pre-order things, I think Amazon is likely the best bet for purchasing the 20th Anniversary DS4. Agreed? They offer price protection, right?

One analyst warned that the CAD could go as low as 56c USD.

You know Canada-GAF, we really are the last of us

Maybe stupid question,

But is Ultra Street Fighter 4 available to buy for PS4 in stores? I think I saw it on the PSN, but what about stores? I checked out Bestbuy and EB games and they both looked at me like I was an alien. They say it's only for PS3 and X360.

Prices are stupid high and i cannot afford games any more, it's kijiji bought only games for me from now on. 75$ ps4 controllers yikes new and 80$ games is a no for me from now on. :(

Quick

Banned
Prices are stupid high and i cannot afford games any more, it's kijiji bought only games for me from now on. 75$ ps4 controllers yikes new and 80$ games is a no for me from now on. :(

I really want that 20th anniversary controller, but I'm passing on it for now until it goes on sale - if there's even going to be enough of it around whenever that happens.

Why does Purolator exist?

They never attempted delivery of my Forever21 shirts from that deal two weeks back. I called them friday and asked them to just send it to the closest location on Bloor St. (Toronto). They said sure that's fine.

Check the tracking today and this afternoon they set the package to be returned to sender. Greeeeeat.

ohlawd

so I got a parking ticket from Impark. it's 60 bucks for a week and 80 after

fucking hell. I'm going on vacation in like a week. there goes a tiny bit of my vacay monay?

jholmes

Why does Purolator exist?

They never attempted delivery of my Forever21 shirts from that deal two weeks back. I called them friday and asked them to just send it to the closest location on Bloor St. (Toronto). They said sure that's fine.

Check the tracking today and this afternoon they set the package to be returned to sender. Greeeeeat.

Whoa careful now, Purolator's a GAFfer.

so I got a parking ticket from Impark. it's 60 bucks for a week and 80 after

fucking hell. I'm going on vacation in like a week. there goes a tiny bit of my vacay monay?

You don't have to pay it. Just never park at an Impark lot ever again! If they call just tell them to f- off, they can't do anything to you.

explodet

Maybe stupid question,

But is Ultra Street Fighter 4 available to buy for PS4 in stores? I think I saw it on the PSN, but what about stores? I checked out Bestbuy and EB games and they both looked at me like I was an alien. They say it's only for PS3 and X360.
Ultra SF4 for PS4 is only on PSN, no physical copies.

You're not an alien, though.

SickBoy

If you try to upgrade shipping to 2-day for orders you placed before subscribing to Prime, you will get charged for it. That's why you need to have a CSR manually change the shipping speed. You will still keep your shipping speed after Prime expires.

Good to know. I guess I'll play by the spirit of the game and decide whether I'm keeping Prime first... I'd been thinking about it anyway, since they started offering free photo backup as part of the service. Will have to give that a test drive before my trial expires.

khaaan

On the bright side, an influential group of economists said that we're not in a recession. At least we got that going for us.

jholmes

On the bright side, an influential group of economists said that we're not in a recession. At least we got that going for us.

Honestly if we are seriously not in a recession at the dollar is plummeting then we're fucked, because we've still got a lot of room to fall.

I'm personally not as pessimistic as most here mostly because the CAD is holding up well against most currencies other than the USD. That's very inconvenient to me personally of course but that does make it sound like there could be some market inefficiencies at play here.

Check Kijiji out guys you just never know. I just bought TODAY, Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon for 25$ yep BOTH for that price not each. Dumb 17 year old kid sold em to me at that price. Seemed like a rich folks kid cuz wow that house! lol

Check Kijiji out guys you just never know. I just bought TODAY, Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon for 25$ yep BOTH for that price not each. Dumb 17 year old kid sold em to me at that price. Seemed like a rich folks kid cuz wow that house! lol

Unfortunately these deals are very rare in my city. I think the best deal I have gotten is Super Mario Sunshine, Tales of Symphonia, and Metroid Prime 2 for $20. But then again, when I was younger I traded Super Mario Sunshine, Paper Mario: TTYD, and one more game (I think Pikmin, or maybe MKDD) for $20 and some Yu-Gi-Oh! cards. Worst deal of my life. Good thing I managed to get another copy of Paper Mario and Mario Kart. A lot of people on Kijiji are really stupid, like trying to sell games for more than they cost in stores, and including firm in their ad. The majority of retro games are either listed at eBay costs, or they are being sold by dealers and are near eBay costs.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
My best craigslist find ever was Wind Waker, F-Zero GX, Animal Crossing, and Super Monkey Ball for $10.

i-Jest

Got Guilty Gear X2 Accent Core Plus for $20 on Kijiji years ago. That was back when alot of people didn't realize you could buy and sell rare or uncommon games on the site for a reasonable cost. I remember there was a time you could find Power Stone on Kijiji for $25-30.

Clearly alot has changed since then. This was in Toronto and GTA by the way.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I was just reading up on RedFlagsDeals and this particular deal caught my attention:

ZenBanx is doing exchange USD @ par promotion again for Civic holiday (Up to $250)

So the idea is that you make an account at ZenBanx, and then deposit $250CND into it. Then you create a USD account and you can convert $250CND into $250USD directly. Right now the rate is about 1.3 so you basically will get $325CND. That's an extra $75 :O Hopefully I'm understanding this correctly. What do you guys think ?

For me, I am tempted to do this and also get myself a USD account so maybe that's where I can start depositing my future potential USD income. Could be interesting...

Anyways. What do you guys think ? Legit stuff or stay the heck away ? Us Canadian could use the extra money to buy some games for sure :D

Kieli

I was just reading up on RedFlagsDeals and this particular deal caught my attention:

ZenBanx is doing exchange USD @ par promotion again for Civic holiday (Up to $250)

So the idea is that you make an account at ZenBanx, and then deposit $250CND into it. Then you create a USD account and you can convert $250CND into $250USD directly. Right now the rate is about 1.3 so you basically will get $325CND. That's an extra $75 :O Hopefully I'm understanding this correctly. What do you guys think ?

For me, I am tempted to do this and also get myself a USD account so maybe that's where I can start depositing my future potential USD income. Could be interesting...

Anyways. What do you guys think ? Legit stuff or stay the heck away ? Us Canadian could use the extra money to buy some games for sure :D

I burst out laughing.

Wut?......

Wedge7

Was mentioned yesterday I believe by someone in the thread. I think the fact that you had to give SIN info and other details made most people say screw it, especially for a mere $75.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
Well, it is a financial institution backed by the credit union. You don't provide SIN to your bank ?

Wedge7

Heh yea you got a point. I guess personally it may just be me being paranoid, but I guess I would try and limit how and where I give that info. If I have to, I'll do it, but for $75 the incentive isnt high enough I suppose.

baconcow

That ZenBanx thing sounds shady. Just image 100,000 Canadians doing that. They would lose roughly $750,000 CAD (plus administration time and the cost to make and send bank cards) with no comittment whatsoever. Most banks lock you into something before handing out freebies. This will not end well.

Mimosa97

Well, it is a financial institution backed by the credit union. You don't provide SIN to your bank ?

Believe me or not but you don't need a SIN to open a bank account. When I moved here, I opened a bank account without a SIN And then I completely forgot about it. I only provided it like a year later when I asked for a Credit Card.

kevin1025

Banned
Did Amazon's order details die? I'm getting "There's a problem displaying some of your orders right now" and can't access any of the E3 orders.

kevin1025

Banned
Looks like it, not the first time its happened.

Ah okay, it seems to be a technical error, most of the account stuff on the site is wonky and the chat dude said as much as well. I honestly thought for a second there that they had cancelled all of the orders since I got Prime shipping on all of them and don't have Prime anymore!

Does anyone know where I can order universal game cases or these dust covers made by Global Game Gear?

LR9YCl4.jpg

Amazon.ca doesn't have anything in stock and the shipping prices from ebay sellers are insane. Amazon.com has them, but I imagine the shipping there is pretty expensive as well.

I have 3 loose N64 games and a couple of boxless pack-in SNES games like the Super Scope 6 cart. I'm putting everything into storage so I wanted something to ensure their safety, but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg for a couple of plastic boxes.

Does anyone know where I can order universal game cases or these dust covers made by Global Game Gear?

LR9YCl4.jpg

Amazon.ca doesn't have anything in stock and the shipping prices from ebay sellers are insane. Amazon.com has them, but I imagine the shipping there is pretty expensive as well.

I have 3 loose N64 games and a couple of boxless pack-in SNES games like the Super Scope 6 cart. I'm putting everything into storage so I wanted something to ensure their safety, but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg for a couple of plastic boxes.

If you don't want to buy them in bulk http://www.customgamecases.com/ is probably your best bet to get them sent to Canada.

Ah, shoot they don't actually sell blank UGCs only their NES and Gameboy ones.

krae_man

Believe me or not but you don't need a SIN to open a bank account. When I moved here, I opened a bank account without a SIN And then I completely forgot about it. I only provided it like a year later when I asked for a Credit Card.

I opened my bank account at age 8 or something. You can't even get a sin card at that age.

Anyway that company is an app, not a bank. They are collecting data to sell is my guess.

Top Bottom