• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Sajjaja

For those of you who ordered a GTX 9XX card with a game promotion from NCIX, did they email you the code if you ordered online or does it coem with a physical sheet? Does it matter if I pickup in store?

For those of you who ordered a GTX 9XX card with a game promotion from NCIX, did they email you the code if you ordered online or does it coem with a physical sheet? Does it matter if I pickup in store?

Email.

I think it came a couple of days after the order.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion Thread 6: Age of Harper

Stage On

Debating if I should go with the best buy Ps4 deal now or cross my fingers and hope for a better bundle come black friday. The way our dollar is going I'm not sure if waiting is a good bet or not

SickBoy

Debating if I should go with the best buy Ps4 deal now or cross my fingers and hope for a better bundle come black friday. The way our dollar is going I'm not sure if waiting is a good bet or not

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion Thread 6: Playing Chicken With Global Currency Markets

Does anyone know where the best place to buy a PS3 is? I've never owned one and would to purchase one now while games are still available at retailers. There's no decently priced PS3 in stock on either Amazon or Bestbuy... Maybe I'll just buy used :(.

terrible

Banned

If there are PS4 games you really want to play right now I'd just buy it now. There's value in being able to play something now vs later so even if there is a better deal in the future at least you still had fun with it from now until then. Then there's the risk of a price increase rather than a decrease lol.

Stage On

If there are PS4 games you really want to play right now I'd just buy it now. There's value in being able to play something now vs later so even if there is a better deal in the future at least you still had fun with it from now until then. Then there's the risk of a price increase rather than a decrease lol.

Right now? Not much other then Sword art online Re: Hollow Fragment and Far Cry 4.

Mainly I want it for Tales of Zesteria coming in October and Far Cry 4 in November.

Ondore

Does anyone know where the best place to buy a PS3 is? I've never owned one and would to purchase one now while games are still available at retailers. There's no decently priced PS3 in stock on either Amazon or Bestbuy... Maybe I'll just buy used :(.

At this point, you may as well. New consoles are still $200+.

I bought this bundle recently and it came in without anything noticeably wrong. $150 with two games to start's not a bad price, and you can swap the hard drive from the stock 160GB if you want to go crazy on PSN sales.

Tuck

Local Best Buy was sold out of PS4s (The Batman one) so I had to drive further to grab it from a different store at some mall in Markham. Took the 407 back so that and gas kind of ate into the savings, but oh well.

Still would have preferred a bloodborne bundle but this is fine too.

Buy used. I had a slim version (not super slim), bought as soon as slim was released. Lasted me 4 years of HEAVY use, still going strong when i traded it in. Ultra reliable.

If you are price sensitive, consider the Xbox one as well. Unless you are hooked on Sony exclusives. I actually enjoy the Xbox a little more, and prefer the media & Netflix interface better.

Both systems are great choices though. And I couldn't live without TLOU and FFX remastered.

Then again I could say the same for Sunset and the Halo MCC.

Can't go wrong either way. I can't tell the graphics diff on multiplatform games...so I buy based on controller preference for the type of game. Batman on ps4 for example.

By the way, arkham knight is AWESOME.

Stage On

If you are price sensitive, consider the Xbox one as well. Unless you are hooked on Sony exclusives. I actually enjoy the Xbox a little more, and prefer the media & Netflix interface better.

Both systems are great choices though. And I couldn't live without TLOU and FFX remastered.

Then again I could say the same for Sunset and the Halo MCC.

Can't go wrong either way. I can't tell the graphics diff on multiplatform games...so I buy based on controller preference for the type of game.

Well I'm not so much price sensitive as I am rpg sensitive.

As much as I'd love to get both systems I can really only afford one at the moment so it makes more sence to go with the Ps4 since it'll be getting a lot of rpgs from Japan that the Xbox One simply won't.

jholmes

If you're ever going to get a PS3 used now is the time, places like mom-and-pop game shops and pawn shops are going to sell them very cheap and stuff like flea markets will be about as cheap as they go.

Also OT but

image.php

This is an amazing avatar right here.

Reveirg

Amazon.ca is the best. They just updated my 20-items E3 special order to priority shipping, free of charge for every items. Just because I complained about Lost Dimension's slow shipping =)

Dazzler

Amazon.ca is the best. They just updated my 20-items E3 special order to priority shipping, free of charge for every items. Just because I complained about Lost Dimension's slow shipping =)

I'm going to do this today

The shipping on my two orders with them so far (God of War and Wolfenstein Old Blood) has been a disgrace

I don't have Wolfenstein yet

I keep getting random emails that a my E3 preorders are being upgraded to release day shipping at no additional charge. It's happened literally like 7 or 8 times so far.

I'm not sure why, but I'm not complaining.

FrsDvl

I keep getting random emails that a my E3 preorders are being upgraded to release day shipping at no additional charge. It's happened literally like 7 or 8 times so far.

I'm not sure why, but I'm not complaining.

Seems to happen every time they change the release date on an item. Or at least for me.

TimeKillr

I don't know if anybody knows this, but Hearthstone on Android charges the US prices in Canadian dollars, for I pre-purchased the 50$ expansion for 50$ instead of 65$.

It's pretty cool to have that.

Endy MacK

I don't know if anybody knows this, but Hearthstone on Android charges the US prices in Canadian dollars, for I pre-purchased the 50$ expansion for 50$ instead of 65$.

It's pretty cool to have that.

I realized that too when I purchased blackrock content. So awesome!

Augustiner

Neo Member
NEW DEAL

Various Xbox One bundles at best buy that aren't too bad

http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...b_Whatshot_QL_FarCry4_AssassinCreed_XboxOne_2

Xbox One 500GB + Kinect with Assasin's Creed Unity, Black Flag, Farcry 4: $449.99
Xbox One 500GB with Assasin's Creed Unity, Halo MCC, Farcry 4: $349.99
Xbox One 500GB with Assasin's Creed Unity, Spark, Farcry 4: $349.99
Xbox One 1000GB with Assasin's Creed Unity, Halo MCC, Farcry 4: $399.99

I think they are all disc version of the games that are included as well, not digital.

NEW DEAL

http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...b_Whatshot_QL_FarCry4_AssassinCreed_XboxOne_2

I think they are all disc version of the games that are included as well, not digital.

Even despite the quality of Unity, both of these are very good deals. If I didn't own both consoles already, and looked at the value proposition each offered, I'd probably jump on Xbone. that's a very good bundle at $350.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Good store.

Edit: They seem to having some crazy deals on Saturday. I may go down at open and check it out.

Excellent store. Their retro selection is very good and prices are much more reasonable than A&C, Ice Man, etc. They also have a lot of Nintendo memorabilia. I wish I still lived in Bloor West.

For those in Toronto, Game Mania (Keele & Bloor) just posted this on their Facebook.
Oh shit I'll definitely check them out. Maybe today actually! I was planning on checking out some new game stores. I haven't been to VGP's actual physical store, Game Centre in Greektown, and Game Mania.

espher

That Kinect XB1 bundle for $450 is tempting, but I really don't want any of the games and I have no idea what I could flip them for... ugh.

Edit: Microsoft's store has the Forza bundle for $450 w/ a year of XBL... that one's not a bad buy either, I guess. Hmm.

Dazzler

Man, it baffles me that The Crew hasn't been on deep discount yet, it's completely the opposite of Ubisoft's general pricing trajectory. The game isn't exactly lighting up the sales charts, just gimme the damn game for $19 already!

This!

Been waiting for a deep discount on this game forever. No way I'm biting at anything more than $20 for it

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So what are our best options for PS+ moving forwards? PSN? Buying from Americans who bought them from sales (do they even have PS+ sales?)?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So what are our best options for PS+ moving forwards? PSN? Buying from Americans who bought them from sales (do they even have PS+ sales?)?
Every once in a while Best Buy US sells them for like 40 bucks. The problem is that with the exchange rate, it ends up being close to the Canadian price anyway (not counting whatever take that Paypal or the bank takes when you do that conversion) so... I guess it depends if saving a few dollars is worth it.
You'd want to see it drop to 30 USD for it to be worth it... which might happen on Black Friday?

Mimosa97

NEW DEAL

Xbox One 500GB + Kinect with Assasin's Creed Unity, Black Flag, Farcry 4: $449.99
Xbox One 500GB with Assasin's Creed Unity, Spark, Farcry 4: $349.99

Damn I wish I was an xbox fan ...

But I have no interest in their exclusives so I'm still waiting for a good PS4 bundle :(

ohlawd

fine I'll get WD since yeah $11.20 is a great price but I won't be able to play it any time soon. looks like BB charged me for Etrian Odyssey 2 and Rare Replay. if they ship later today, I might get them on Monday

Renewed

fine I'll get WD since yeah $11.20 is a great price but I won't be able to play it any time soon. looks like BB charged me for Etrian Odyssey 2 and Rare Replay. if they ship later today, I might get them on Monday

Still salty I forgot to add EO:U2 to my Amazon E3 order. Probably gonna have to wait to see it dip down a bit, although that'll be a while. Backlog it is.

DayEnder

I have a Seagate promo code for a free copy of Assassin's Creed Chronicles (PC - Uplay) from a harddrive purchase.

Used by Ventara.

Ventara

I have a Seagate promo code for a free copy of Assassin's Creed Chronicles (PC - Uplay) from a harddrive purchase.

Quote to Reveal code in email tag

1. Visit the Uplay Shop at http://shop.ubi.com/seagateACC
2. On the Checkout page, type your promo-code in the empty field named Promo Code
3. Click on the Apply button
4. Check that the Sub-total price on the right hand side shows that the Assassin’s Creed® Chronicles PC Download is free of charge
5. Click on the Checkout button and follow the steps to complete your purchase. PLEASE NOTE: We require only the address fields to be completed, and agreement to the terms of sale on the payment page. You are not required to enter payment information for this order
6. Once the purchase has been completed, you will receive a confirmation email with all the download information
7. Please ensure you take a note of your Order Number in case you need to get in touch with Ubisoft customer support (support.ubi.com)

Be sure to post/thank when used so I can update when taken.

Thanks!

Top Bottom