• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Went on at exactly 12 (took my lunch early at work) and it was already sold out! Kinda lame that they put it up early but congrats to you guys who got it! Time to start refreshing the Best Buy site...

spyguy

Didn't get one. The site kept screwing with my billing and shipping addresses, and by the time I sorted it out they were all gone. Awesome.

Yeah, it was doing the same with my billing and shipping addresses. I have all my stuff delivered to my work, but this time I just made it go to my home. I guess I'll have to collect it from the post office or wherever it really ends up. Don't think anyone will be home to accept it when it does deliver.

Proto_Man

Neo Member
Yeah, it was doing the same with my billing and shipping addresses. I have all my stuff delivered to my work, but this time I just made it go to my home. I guess I'll have to collect it from the post office or wherever it really ends up. Don't think anyone will be home to accept it when it does deliver.

When it keeps looping the shipping address thing that means you didn't check out 100% in time and it was sold out.

6 minutes and it was all gone. What a crazy world

Reddaye

Banned

My billing address is different than my home address currently, so that's part of my issue ;-)

ovii

Glad I set my alarm for 5 minutes prior to the announcement. Got my cereal, sat down and saw the tweet pop into my feed. I should buy a lottery ticket today.

i'm not leaving campus until the bestbuy pre-order goes up

do you guys think i'd have a chance if i went to a local ebgames? there's one that's literally a 10 minute walk from my campus

Managed to get a LE at my local EB. I got out of school early so I went right away, and they said it was the last one. I wonder who the other copies went to :/

God damn. Trying to order via the site on my phone during the commute to work since it was listed... Page kept refreshing to shipping options every time I hit continue to enter my CC information :(. Fuck.

Past

Missed the link by ~8 minutes, because my twitter notification didn't work for some reason... It was already sold out by the time I opened the link. Hopefully I get a better chance with BB/FS.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'm F5ing the shit out of FS/BB at work.

Best Buy shows it as available online but clicking the product link leads to a 404 error

Reddaye

Banned
I do see a link for it on Futureshop, but it has no image and no page associated with it when clicked. Not feeling very hopeful LOL.

I do see a link for it on Futureshop, but it has no image and no page associated with it when clicked. Not feeling very hopeful LOL.

qtr9wvgsujidg5zri4im.gif

getting flashbacks to the PS4 BestBuy price bug.

Reddaye

Banned
I noticed that too but it wasn't there as of 10 minutes ago so SOMETHING must be happening soon if they just put it up.... right?

I've been able to find it for at least an hour or so. So I'm not too sure if something amazing is going to happen or not.

We can hope.

hmm really... maybe I'll just stick with Amazon then..

would have preferred Best Buy cause of shipping time and RZ points

Buy enough so they have to ship it in a box instead of a bubble mailer. :p

Actually they may have improved their packaging. I bought Dragon Age with a steelbook and that came in a box, but maybe they box all steelbooks.

Sealtest

Actually they may have improved their packaging. I bought Dragon Age with a steelbook and that came in a box, but maybe they box all steelbooks.

Haha nope. I got a smash steelbook in a bubble mailer. Thank god it wasn't destroyed though.

they definitely didn't box steelbooks back when I got BF3 with a steelbook from them two years ago

Spike

Went to 3 local stores, and they were taken by employees and 'reserved' by other customers.

Was sitting in front of the PC refreshing the search page, but it never showed up. Saw it on twitter at noon, entered all my info, but was caught in an endless loop. Supposedly it was sold out and sitting in my cart.

BY2K

Membero Americo
It's insane the hoops and loops we have to go through to get one pre-order.

I get that it's Limited, but geez, at least give people the chance to get one.

Everytime the terrible campus wifi dies, I fear that the pre-order has gone live.

EDIT: Tethered my phone's internet, i can't miss this lol

I really don't get the insanity over this product and I'm part of the problem.

Leaving money on the table. I honestly don't get it. But I guess when it's harder to get, they catch the spontaneous buyer who might just sit on it for a bit if it was readily available.

Still pissed at Sony for picking such a ridiculous number for their Anniversary PS4's.

zroid

Banned
part of the hype for the MM3D LE is definitely the affordable price point I think. I know I have very little interest in most LEs since they're often like $100+ and filled with junk. The $10 premium for one nice, limited bonus item makes it appealing to a lot of consumers.

part of the hype for the MM3D LE is definitely the affordable price point I think. I know I have very little interest in most LEs since they're often like $100+ and filled with junk. The $10 premium for one nice, limited bonus item makes it appealing to a lot of consumers.

Yeah, that's the big one for me.

It's an LE for $10 more.

Top Bottom