• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

RS4-

If I'm not mistaken, this company is the official sony repair center in Canada. I've sent many ps3's there. Prompt service, 8 day turn around on PS3 repairs at the time... Never bought a refurb from them tho...

I'd rather get a second hand ps3 with a receipt from someone on RFD, etc instead. I'm sure there are still bundles for $400 still around, just ymmv on the receipts anyway.

Alrighty, I jumped.

Sony Over-Ear Bluetooth Headphones MDR10RBT. Needed a pair of bluetooth headphones to use with a bedroom TV. The TV only has optical out for audio. So I'm picking up TelMe2's TosBlue X2 bluetooth transmitter. The transmitters uses aptx technology which eliminates audio delay (no un-synched lips during dialogue). BUT...you need a headset that also has aptx tech as well. Enter the Sony MDR10RBT. The headset normally sells for $200+ so $120 for a certified refurb that has 1 year of manufacturer's warranty...from a reputable seller/repair outlet...sold!

I'll let people know how it goes. At that price I was tempted to buy two, but I couldn't see any time where my wife and I would be sitting in bed together, watching a program, both wearing headsets. So I refrained.

RE_Player

Is there any way our dollar will become on par with the American dollar again? I'm getting awful flashbacks of the Canadian dollar being even worse than it is now and I can't handle it, especially now that I'm older and am planning to travel.

zroid

Banned
Is there any way our dollar will become on par with the American dollar again? I'm getting awful flashbacks of the Canadian dollar being even worse than it is now and I can't handle it, especially now that I'm older and am planning to travel.

much of this seems tied to oil prices...

mdubs

Banned

Pray that gas prices go back up to where they were before. High gas prices are excellent for our wallets in actuality.

Reddaye

Banned
I'm sure I'm a little late to the party on this one, but I've been looking at preordering Bloodborne, and just saw today that the collector's edition is $20 more than the base version? For a steel book, and art book?! This is the type of thing you got before in Souls games just by preordering. Seems a wee bit steep at $90 before taxes. A real shame considering I've gotten the steel book limited editions of all previous games (except Demon's which has a small guide and outer cardboard box rather than a steelbox or tin).

Mucho disappointing.

I'm sure I'm a little late to the party on this one, but I've been looking at preordering Bloodborne, and just saw today that the collector's edition is $20 more than the base version? For a steel book, and art book?! This is the type of thing you got before in Souls games just by preordering. Seems a wee bit steep at $90 before taxes. A real shame considering I've gotten the steel book limited editions of all previous games (except Demon's which has a small guide and outer cardboard box rather than a steelbox or tin).

Mucho disappointing.

I pre-ordered it day one.

i already wasted $130 on Dark Souls II's CE, I might as well spend $20 more for a CE than $70 more.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Are there any more secret sources for Rosalina amiibos that you guys have found? Kind of worried I won't be able to get one now.

kennah

Going to be spending a week in Ottawa for work. What're some good places for me to check for deals (gaming, laptops, etc). Also any good restaurant recommendations? I'll be staying near Parliament.

Reddaye

Banned
I pre-ordered it day one.

i already wasted $130 on Dark Souls II's CE, I might as well spend $20 more for a CE than $70 more.

I'll likely be preordering too, despite my complaints. I heard somewhere that the art book is 200 pages? That makes things more reasonable, I suppose.

Plus I can't sully my Souls collection by not having the steel case. Didn't bother with the DS2 collectors edition since I didn't feel I needed the doo dads.

Pray gas goes up. I'm on the same boat. Looking to do an eastern seaboard road trip with a cousin this Summer across the US, and I'm going to Tokyo in 2016. The dollar is super letting me down, especially as someone who wastes a good amount of money on anime figures.

If I'm not mistaken, this company is the official sony repair center in Canada. I've sent many ps3's there. Prompt service, 8 day turn around on PS3 repairs at the time... Never bought a refurb from them tho...

Yep. It is the official repair center. I actually had my OG PS3 60GB sent there the first time it YLOD'd. The 2nd time it got sent to one in Mississauga for some reason. Both times they came back within a week like they told me.

Hey is there someone willing to share the reward for the Club Nintendo offer on Smash? I really only want the soundtrack and would let Mewtwo to whoever has a 3DS code.

Unfortunately a lot of people will miss out on this promotion just because they have only one half of the offer so don't be that guy! The promotion ends in two days!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Any deals on an HDMI splitter anywhere? Specifically, I need to pipe my audio somewhere else because the monitor I'm using doesn't have audio out or speakers that work.

Right now I've got all the audio coming through the headphone jack, and that being connected to my speaker system, which is cumbersome to say the very least.

Going to be spending a week in Ottawa for work. What're some good places for me to check for deals (gaming, laptops, etc). Also any good restaurant recommendations? I'll be staying near Parliament.

Ottawa is a great city! Be sure to visit the Cat Sanctuary on Parliament Hill, Sparks Street, and the Canadian Museum of History across the Alexandra Bridge in Gatineau (if it's warm enough to walk over).

Any deals on an HDMI splitter anywhere? Specifically, I need to pipe my audio somewhere else because the monitor I'm using doesn't have audio out or speakers that work.

Right now I've got all the audio coming through the headphone jack, and that being connected to my speaker system, which is cumbersome to say the very least.

Have a chat with the techs at monoprice.com. They'll have what you need and it'll be cheaper then anywhere else. And if you don't end up buying from them, you'll at least know what you need to be looking for.

TheExodu5

Banned

Not quite near Parliament, but I'd recommend Shawarma Palace on Rideau and Ali Rang (near Rideau and King Edward). The former is the best or one of the best Shawarma places in the city. The latter is an incredible Korean gem that isn't very well known.

There are some good restaurants downtown, but some are pricey and the quality of the food doesn't match up. Japanese Village is great if you want tepanyaki. Mello's Diner has an awesome burger. El Camino has fantastic tacos (though it's a bit south of downtown).

Ottawa is a great city! Be sure to visit the Cat Sanctuary on Parliament Hill, Sparks Street, and the Canadian Museum of History across the Alexandra Bridge in Gatineau (if it's warm enough to walk over).

No more cats on the Hill... They started eliminating it around the time the Conservatives took office... last cats (there were three remaining, I think) were fostered off and the structures removed a few years back... the guy who acted as their full-time volunteer caretaker died just a couple months ago of extreme old age...

BRKsEDU

Neo Member
Amazon.ca just cancelled my Pit Amiibo pre-order. If anyone's got a spare one (of course, that's totally expected) let me know =/

Not sure if I should trust Amazon.ca again for high-demand products actually.

Amazon.ca just cancelled my Pit Amiibo pre-order. If anyone's got a spare one (of course, that's totally expected) let me know =/

Not sure if I should trust Amazon.ca again for high-demand products actually.

Wow. How late did you get your order in. I've been ordering all of my son's amiibo's through amazon and *knock on wood* haven't had any problems yet. But I do place an order as soon as they're available.

isny

napkin dispenser
None of mine are due to the nature of my job :) but I'll shoot a pm!

Stripper eh? Got it.

But seriously, I'm free whenever I don't have class or am with the lady, so just message me and we'll figure something out.

Pit Amiibo cancellation e-mails are going out from Amazon.ca BTW, so don't expect Amazon.ca to fulfil any Amiibo preorders from now on out I guess.

edit: guess this is old news, lol

Stripper eh? Got it.

But seriously, I'm free whenever I don't have class or am with the lady, so just message me and we'll figure something out.

Pit Amiibo cancellation e-mails are going out from Amazon.ca BTW, so don't expect Amazon.ca to fulfil any Amiibo preorders from now on out I guess.

edit: guess this is old news, lol

I've received all of the amiibos released through amazon.ca pre-orders.

zroid

Banned
Shoppers is selling 3DSs for 100 bucks. Should I buy it or wait for the new 3DS? Only game I really want for it is MH4.

shrug. N3DS will obviously be the best way to play MH4 because of the right analogue nub, but if you'd rather save ~$80 then go for it.

Renewed

Shoppers is selling 3DSs for 100 bucks. Should I buy it or wait for the new 3DS? Only game I really want for it is MH4.

That feels like a sale for the sake of clearance for when n3DS comes out, but I'm probably over-analysing. Sounds good, plus with Optimum I'm sure I could get an extra 3DS so I don't have to share the OG Aqua Blue between my brother and myself.

Top Bottom