• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

I was looking at amibos to see what the fuss is about, they look so cheap compared to funko pops....

Nintendo should just license their characters to funko

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
If I can't get the Limited Edition I'm not buying Majora's Mask 3D
until it drops to $30

FUCKING DAMMIT NINTENDO YOU CHEAP FUCKS MAKE MORE /meltdown

Jesus, the thirst is real. I'm gonna sit this one out and wait for the regular edition to go on sale in a year or three.

and secretly F5 some page every once in a while maybe

Canon

Banned
I got a pre-order in-store but my phone number is wrong (someone pre-ordered it for me). But I also got a pre-order online thru EB Games. I would've preferred FutureShop since they're easier to return if this has a dent or something (which happens to me a lot). I woke up early and ordered it before 12 pm.

I might just keep both and only open one.

Draysoth

I don't trust Nintendo after the Amiibo BS we've been dealing with, so I managed to nab it from EB, BB, and FS - I will offer these at cost, plus shipping if necessary, to an Canadians who miss out. You can nab them off me in Oakville/Burlington or I will ship em at your ship cost (54.99 I think plus tax plus whatever ship cost is to you). Hope thats fair - fuck the scalpers that ruin our Amiibo hunting/LE buying. EDIT- I will only sell the ones I get beyond the first, if I even get one.

spyguy

I don't trust Nintendo after the Amiibo BS we've been dealing with, so I managed to nab it from EB, BB, and FS - I will offer these at cost, plus shipping if necessary, to an Canadians who miss out. You can nab them off me in Oakville/Burlington or I will ship em at your ship cost (54.99 I think plus tax plus whatever ship cost is to you). Hope thats fair - fuck the scalpers that ruin our Amiibo hunting/LE buying. EDIT- I will only sell the ones I get beyond the first, if I even get one.

Awesome man. Good stuff.

Yeah or else you'd need to make a profit when you ship.

Taking a shot at me because I went out of my way to get a few Gamecube adapters and sold them back for a small profit? Mind your own business. Maybe I misinterpreted your post, if I have your post is out of left field.

It's great to be able to sell one to someone at cost.

When to EB Games at Y&E in Toronto. They only could take 4 Majora's Mask LE pre-orders.

The dream is dead. BUT I got Drive Club from Game Centre for $29.99. The price point I wanted it at.

Draysoth

When to EB Games at Y&E in Toronto. They only could take 4 Majora's Mask LE pre-orders.

The dream is dead. BUT I got Drive Club from Game Centre for $29.99. The price point I wanted it at.

The guy in Oakville I talked to when they opened (4th in line, they got two) said most EBGames got like 2 or 3 preorders - big city centre ones like Square One got 8. Frustrating.

Jinto

So glad I managed to get the LE from Amazon. I tried going to EB today, right before class, and the dude told me they were sold out before the store even opened. I asked how that was even possible and he replied that the staff took them all while 2 people waiting before they opened grabbed the others. So dumb.

Can't believe I missed out on all of these. If stock is this limited, all stores should announce when preorders go up because not everyone has time to sit in front of a computer hitting refresh all day :(

Missed out on both FS and BB too. I'm over it. :p

I was looking at amibos to see what the fuss is about, they look so cheap compared to funko pops....

Nintendo should just license their characters to funko

Amiibos at least look like the characters you love. Funko toys all look the same except for minor features and the paint job.

DJ_Lae

I missed out on getting a copy too. I'll just tell myself that I'm not missing out, that the figure is probably as terrible quality as the Ganondorf one.

The guy in Oakville I talked to when they opened (4th in line, they got two) said most EBGames got like 2 or 3 preorders - big city centre ones like Square One got 8. Frustrating.

This feels like Nintendo just being... Nintendo. It all sounds like a similar situation to the GC adapters for the Wii U where that shit just became rare all of a sudden and there wasn't enough supply to meet the apparently high demand. In this case the MM LE is ACTUALLY an LE.

Whoa, drive club is that price now?

It was used. But yeah, got it for $29.99 there. They always have really great prices on used games that are relatively new. Saw Destiny for $29.99 but my memories of my 40 hours of that game before I sold it still haunt to this day and have turned me into a sad and soul-less human being. Now all I need is Shadows of Mordor and GTA V for PS4 to all drop to $29.99 and it'll all be good.

Anyone in Vancouver looking to sell a copy of Middle Earth for PS4? Looking to pay $30

Picked mine up from Amazon on boxing day for $30. It was one of those sales in the middle of the night kinda deals. They always put things on sale in the middle of the night when all their competition is closed so they can't be used to price match. Bastards.

Ondore

- Xbox Live
- global thermonuclear war
- Amiibo
- Majora's Mask LEs

Now class, who can tell me the common link between these things?

jitterbug

Neo Member
As many of you I was dying to get the Limited Edition of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D. Unfortunately I tried the in store route first and everyone was sold out by 10:05am. It is frustrating when you are the only one in store (and car in the parking lot for that matter) and they claim 6 people came in before you. I know employees want this too but, the snarky grins and having people laugh at you on the phone for not getting it... come on guys..I even had someone suggest I drive out of province for one...NICE!

I guess I will be refreshing with the rest of you. Happy hunting fellow maskless wonders.

jholmes

Wanted that Skull Kid figure more than any Amiibo.

Wish Nintendo wasn't so stingy with these things.

I dunno, I sort of get their motivation. I'm tired of reading on the boards how nobody wants to buy their products, and I guess they're tired of it too.

Top Bottom